How to Safely Change Portraits in FE6?

Naglfar94

Hey guys so something has had me wondering while messing with FE6 in nightmare uhh how do you change char portraits without any problems or for that matter problems that won`t hinder gameplay too much like major glitches etc. Awhile ago I was hacking FE6 and I wanted to change character portraits and it worked for chapter 1 then after chapter 2 ended the game just freezes!! another problem i have is FE6 has growth rate and pallete editors after I reset the game and start a chapter up again my changed characters lose all the stuff i gave them! they turn into generic units again all edited stat growth rates and even their unique pallete`s are all gone so yeah how do I avoid this problem? should i change their character ID numbers back and just only change the portrait? So maybe I can sneak my changed units into the game without it messing up. I posted a picture below as you can see Idoun who was previously Wolt before i changed him has changed from unique how i had her to generic even the growth rates are gone.

post-8375-0-20440800-1396719812_thumb.png

Edited by Naglfar94

Your post is difficult to decipher due to a lack of grammar and punctuation. Klok's post is rather asinine and unhelpful unless he is perhaps answering my question pre-emptively.

That question of mine is of course "How were we supposed to understand that?"

The best guess I can give to what you're referring to are the issues associated with FE6's portrait data having multiple references to the same resource on multiple occasions. The current way to handle this is to either copy the data being referenced and have the reference to be updated reference the copy instead or to reinsert the referenced data for each reference that referred to it (at least, if you're using FEditor).