Mono's Map stuff and sometimes mugs too

Mono

I really ought to make something like this. >_>"
Anyway I'll just dump my map (and sometimes mug) creations here I guess.

[spoiler=Random Maps]

Just some other creations that aren't being used for any kind of project. Mostly done because I was bored.

xiakouwip_zps8093e4e4.png

I tried my hand at formatting the Xia Kou map from Dynasty Warriors Advance to FE style. Certainly didn't work.

WarBorders_zpsbd7005bb.png

I experimented with height here. All in all, personally I like it.

Bridge_zpsf3996205.png

Some... border thing. I was just trying out some fort tiles, don't mind me :U

SunsetFort_zps276c60fc.png

... yeah.

fancythroneroomwoah_zps2c1c5329.png

A more linear castle map with some alternation between cramped and open room (and also shamelessly copied 4 tile walls)

fort_zps1a8779e7.png

I really would like to do more indoor maps. I just don't think I'm very good at them.

roundthesea_zps32d9c771.png

I don't think I need to tell you the purpose of those islands, do I?

yea_zps994814eb.pngpastthemountain_zpsb99379cb.png

... I dunno.

wipcoastlinemap_zpsd731fba4.png

Bridges galore! I've did this one half-asleep, honestly...

mountainpass_zps1e5a0491.png

I like this one - a map with flying units attacking from the mountains, and your small army has to move through the woods.

castle_zps6f955d8d.png

I - I like water tiles, okay?

darklingwip_zps78b0a7e8.png

The darkling woods tileset feels so underused, honestly. ;~;

[spoiler=32x32 Maps]

Some maps that are 32x32 explicitly. I know that some of these may work better with smaller size, but I've only made them this big because I want to try my hand at bigger maps. (They're also some of my better maps, honestly, probably because they aren't too old. Most of my 2014 maps are pretty okay)

c132_zps59ef02c8.png

Lots and loots of houses. Also beaches for possible pirate reinforcements.

c2wip_zps58886466.png

This map is designed so that splitting up may be a sound idea, but in practice its rather... dangerous.

Iono. Would probably be better explained with enemies placed.

c4_zps0a5c55cf.png

You're supposed to defend some NPCs building a bridge on the right so you can get to the enemy castle. The cramped space might seem like a disadvantage, but can also be used quite nicely. Trespassing the woods that claim alot of the space also nets you a shortcut.

snowriv_zps8a152acc.png

Another defend map - this time there's a magic user NPC in the middle on the fort, and if you protect them for long enough, the rivers freeze so you can cross them.

cdo515_zps8819ca48.png

Here's where splitting up the group is a greater idea. (This map looks much better shortened, but since my goal is to make 32x32 maps... yeah. >_>")

defroutwip_zpscd96280a.png

Now here's one I like - you start at the top left big fort thing and approach the middle, which has an NPC (you can recruit them though so no worries about that) you need to protect (and so does the top left castle, so you need to keep watch of both), but you also have to rout the enemy.

[spoiler=Mugs]

HollyMug_zps14cce1f4.pngMikaelaMug_zpsa8fd1c67.png

There's more but I don't wanna show that stuff off because it looks really lazy and bad.

Edited by Mono the Meerp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those maps are pretty good, and you have a whole lot of them too. I'm looking forward to seeing your future work.

Don't become lazy anytime soon! :p

Edited by Lieselotte Azuria

Holy balls you have a lot of maps.

yea_zps994814eb.png1cb23fb27ce802a17bb6113ebb22e771.png

Shameless use of FE6, Ch. 2's mountain. I approve :B

I've been caught! :wacko:

Those maps are pretty good, and you have a whole lot of them too. I'm looking forward to seeing your future work.

Don't become lazy anytime soon! :p

Haha, certainly won't get lazy anytime soon. =w=

You're quite prolific.
There's a couple times you have a staircase leading to a landing with walls as high as before them (height errors). Stairs typically mean an elevation change of 1, meaning the walls around the upstairs, if there's not jump or break in the walls, should be one shorter than downstairs.

How much time have you spent on mountains? I can't imagine all that was easy. Good work.

Edited by deranger

the rp maps look a little half assed in the begging but the get progressively more interesting. all your other maps look great though keep up the good work :)

might wanna work on the portraits though, they're kinda boring. (but they look relatively clean so your already off to a flying start.)

Edited by ShinyPichu

My god, these are so good.

Thank you!

You're quite prolific.

There's a couple times you have a staircase leading to a landing with walls as high as before them (height errors). Stairs typically mean an elevation change of 1, meaning the walls around the upstairs, if there's not jump or break in the walls, should be one shorter than downstairs.

How much time have you spent on mountains? I can't imagine all that was easy. Good work.

Yeah I don't do alot of indoor maps, so I tend to make the most mistakes on them.

Mountains are wack. Like, hella wack.

the rp maps look a little half assed in the begging but the get progressively more interesting. all your other maps look great though keep up the good work :)

might wanna work on the portraits though, they're kinda boring. (but they look relatively clean so your already off to a flying start.)

Earlier RP maps were some of my earlier work, too, so there's obviously a quality difference xD

I don't really plan on specializing on mugs. I might make one or two some day, but that's it, really. I'll see.

I'm jealous.

You don't have to be. :O Just months of progressive mapping. Like alot of it.

Youhavetokeepup_zpsadabdcd0.png

This time with proper height!

I am in bitter rivalry with the Keep tileset for not having horizontal doors and stairs. *hisses*

... There may be an overload on pillars but otherwise there's too much empty space. And that would not only look boring but be boring to play, too~

[spoiler=about that proper height]

Red appears to all be on the same level, creating a very obvious height error as shown by blue, so either orange isn't doors and those chests are way higher up than the rest of red, or green's hiding a staircase that should be three tall, meaning we should see some of it even with the door in place. I guess putting stair cases under orange could fix it to some people's eyes, if they consider them to be REALLY steep stairs.

AeUvajR.png

Actually it should work out. The treasure chests are on the same level as red.

Red wall height = 2

Blue wall height = 3

Because a staircase leads from blue to red, the height 3 is reduced to 2. So it should be okay...?

Not what I was talking about. The area I scribbled in in red. The wall between the blue arrows would be at least 3 higher than the red ground to the right of it, but it's only 1 higher than the red ground to the left of it. The whole point is that currently the red is all at one level.

Other than some height errors in some maps, those are farly good, my only complains in outdoor maps are:

1-Some look unnatural and have straight rivers and roads, try to make these more inregular

2-In the map with the ship, the ship is a lot bigger than a village

Other than that, they are generally pretty good.