Does the story of FE2 relate to FE1 somehow?

I have watched a LP of FE2 Gaiden and I still do not know, why characters like Catria, Palla, Est, Zeke (Camus) and Gharnef from FE1+3 are in this game?

Is there a relation in the story between FE1 and 2, I have not seen yet?

I think it takes place in the same world but on a different continent.

I have watched a LP of FE2 Gaiden and I still do not know, why characters like Catria, Palla, Est, Zeke (Camus) and Gharnef from FE1+3 are in this game?

Is there a relation in the story between FE1 and 2, I have not seen yet?

Gharnef's not in FE2. There is a character called Ganef, strangely enough.

The story of FE2 takes place between the events of FE1 and FE3 Book 2. The continent of Valentia where it takes place lies to the west of Archanea. Palla and Catria are there because Est is there. Why is Est on Valentia? Who knows? Camus, after being defeated in battle with Marth's army washed up on the shores of Rigel, the country that makes up the northern half of Valentia. He was found by a woman named Teeta. Camus had no memories of his past life. He eventually rose through the ranks of the Rigel military after being given the name 'Zeke' by King Rudolf. The two of them are close and Rudolf trusted Zeke with critical information.

The story itself doesn't directly relate to the events of FE1 or FE3.

It has very little relevance apart from Zeke, Catria, Palla and Est being there. And Alm's sword being the Falchion... again.

Thanks Kelsper. The Falchion will never getting old...

BTW, It was your LP, I watched!

The story of FE2 takes place between the events of FE1 and FE3 Book 2. The continent of Valentia where it takes place lies to the west of Archanea. Palla and Catria are there because Est is there. Why is Est on Valentia? Who knows? Camus, after being defeated in battle with Marth's army washed up on the shores of Rigel, the country that makes up the northern half of Valentia. He was found by a woman named Teeta. Camus had no memories of his past life. He eventually rose through the ranks of the Rigel military after being given the name 'Zeke' by King Rudolf. The two of them are close and Rudolf trusted Zeke with critical information.

The story itself doesn't directly relate to the events of FE1 or FE3.

Est was kidnapped by pirates, who fled to Valentia/Valm.

Thanks! This would explain, how the FE1 characters came to Valentia.

Ganef as sorcerer sounds more than familiar, but ok.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

I expected to see a comment about Est like this, but it would make sense. :rolleyes:

...Sorry?

here's the script, when Celica first meets Catria and Palla

Catria: "Our little sister was abducted by pirates.

We pursued their ship, but we lost sight of it somewhere around here.

Ahh, I want to rescue her as soon as possible, so we can return to our country together."

...Sorry?

here's the script, when Celica first meets Catria and Palla

Catria: "Our little sister was abducted by pirates.

We pursued their ship, but we lost sight of it somewhere around here.

Ahh, I want to rescue her as soon as possible, so we can return to our country together."

Very thanks for the script!

I´m very sorry, if my answer sounded ironical to you. This was NOT my intention! I was not kidding about your reply. I know that Est is famous for getting captured.

It has very little relevance apart from Zeke, Catria, Palla and Est being there. And Alm's sword being the Falchion... again.

Yet its not the same Falchion. It was forged differently then Marths

I imagine the developers may have wanted to go a route similar to Breath of Fire, characters (items, in this case) throughout the games have the same name yet are still different.

And Alm's sword being the Falchion... again.

It references not only to the weapon "Falchion", but also to "Garnef", who is the same class sorcerer like in FE1. To my mind this cannot be an accident.

I imagine the developers may have wanted to go a route similar to Breath of Fire, characters (items, in this case) throughout the games have the same name yet are still different.

IIRC there's a Gradivus lance in FE2 that can't be the same one as the FE1/3 weapon. So yeah, they re-used some names. They re-used quite a new names for minor characters/NPCs in the first five FE games, too. Just weird little stuff like Castor's dead sister Leen vs. Leen the dancer in FE4.