I'd like to introduce you to my family...

Primrose

Primrose (to family): Okay everyone strike a pose, this is going on Serene's Forest so smile!

Primrose: Aaaaand say cheeese!

Lissa: Ah! *Snap*

Family: Cheeeese!

Vaike: Lissa! Get a grip!

Primrose: Okay! Now let's get this negative to the barracks.

Primrose_s_Pairings.jpg

The family artwork in the background was done by deviant artist Mudkipblader. Everything else is official.

So who else had these pairings!? Would love to hear from you! Cheers!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrom/Female!Avatar: Haven't done ever.

Virion/Olivia: Made a great Inigo when I did it once.

Gaius/Nowi: Only did it once, and it was a wrong while ago. I think Nah was okay.

Frederick/Sumia: Amazing for maingame, terrible for Cynthia's potential.

Vaike/Lissa: Made an okay Owain.

Lon'qu/Cherche: Made an okay Gerome.

Donnel/Sully: Haven't done ever.

Stahl/Cordelia: Made a good Severa.

Ricken/Miriel: Haven't done ever.

Where's Panne and Maribelle? :<

Chrom/Female!Avatar

I think the above is point of the entire OP.

I did before. I loved it... until English fanbase.

"Meh" because I *mostly* got over my beef with the unreasonable fangirls.

I think it's great gameplay-wise for Lunatic.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Where's Panne and Maribelle? :<

I didn't pair Panna/Tharja/Marribelle with anyone. If I do, it would be Gregor-Panne (least favorite). I am open to Tharja/Marribelle pairing suggestiosn. I have Kellam/Libra/Henry left.

I think the above is point of the entire OP.

I did before. I loved it... until English fanbase.

"Meh" because I *mostly* got over my beef with the unreasonable fangirls.

I think it's great gameplay-wise for Lunatic.

Sorry, I am new to this forum. I am reading a lot of this crossed out text here. Is there some special meaning in it? Also did we get any similar pairings? =D

I did Chrom/Avatar once. Ehh..i prefer Chrom/Olivia or Chrom/Sumia. But for FeAvatar, its the only way to have two kids so ehh~

The story is soo much more awesome with Chrom/Avatar.

Sorry, I am new to this forum. I am reading a lot of this crossed out text here. Is there some special meaning in it?

Strikethrough text meant as a joke.

Be careful. Your bias is showing.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I have to respectfully disagree, as Chrom/avatar gave me the biggest reason to dislike Lucina in chapter 21, but respect your opinion.

And I've done every pairing at least once for the support library, which I've finally maxed out. Frederick/Sumia's the only one I really use, because it's convenient.

How does it make the story more awesome, when Chrom treats you exactly the same no matter what? I guess you could say it deepens the meaning of Chapter 21, but even then, it's a passing glance at something that has meaning.

Edited by TheFreshestSlice

Strikethrough text meant as a joke.

Be careful. Your bias is showing.

Ah! Sorry. That was childish of me.

I have to respectfully disagree, as Chrom/avatar gave me the biggest reason to dislike Lucina in chapter 21, but respect your opinion.

And I've done every pairing at least once for the support library, which I've finally maxed out. Frederick/Sumia's the only one I really use, because it's convenient.

What do you mean by maxing out support library? If there is no new game plus how can you max out support library?

As far as those pairings are concerned, Miriel/Ricken and Frederick/Sumia are the only ones I've done.

I've done most of my pairings based on character traits instead of optimization. The great part of it is was that I still ended up with a gale-force optimization build. =D Cheers!

How does it make the story more awesome, when Chrom treats you exactly the same no matter what? I guess you could say it deepens the meaning of Chapter 21, but even then, it's a passing glance at something that has meaning.

I agree it but a tiny moment in grand scheme of events. However, it was never the events themselves that made the story any better for me. What did was Lucina. I just had to see Lucina as a child of Primrose because she is, well, awesome, especially with that electra complex. This relationship just made the story all the more enjoyable.

I am going to do some research on this maxing out support library. I really don't want to find out that max-stat Cordelia and Primrose was a waste of time.

Edited by Primrose

What do you mean by maxing out support library? If there is no new game plus how can you max out support library?

Olivia%20Supports%20Complete.gif

The same way your renown gets carried through. The game has a system file and regular game files.

I've done most of my pairings based on character traits instead of optimization. The great part of it is was that I still ended up with a gale-force optimization build. =D Cheers!

Huh. Personally, I don't care for optimization, not even Galeforce optimization.

The same way your renown gets carried through. The game has a system file and regular game files.

Oh wow! That's neat!!! One more reason for me to love Awakening. Ooooo but that's a lot of grinding...

Screen_shot_2014_04_12_at_10_15_52_PM.pn

130 hours!!! Awwww...... that will take forever.

On my current L+, the pairings that match yours:

Olivia x Virion

Cordelia x Stahl

Sully x Donnel.

Never did FeMU and probably never will.

Those three and Chrom FeMU pairings were one of the easiest decisions for me. Thier personalities just match very very well. They were born for each other!

Huh. Personally, I don't care for optimization, not even Galeforce optimization.

It get's very complicated, especially with so many opinions on the web about who wants this and who wants that. During my search I came across a user who posted that in the end it's your game so play however you want. I know now that he was right. -- Primrose: Blue haired Inigo everybody! Yay!

Edited by Primrose

Only reason I ever do Chrom is 'cuz it's convenient and it's the only way to get double Morgan on FeMU. Don't care about the story and don't care for their support one bit. Would rather Libra or Basilio if I did it based on character than convenience but Basilio comes too late and Libra has other things to do than sit in the back forever. Like heal people.

I almost did SumiaFred once, though. Was testing out ChromSumia that run but it was easier having Sumia fly around with Fred most of the time. I just never got their S. Strong pair. If I ever do another run of FEA off L+ I might do it for real.

All the pairings I do is for storymode nogrind gameplay reasons since I don't particularly care for grinding and the postgame. Game's easy enough that optimization is just a nice little bonus for people who are into it and nothing more.

If you want to get all the supports for the support log, but don't particularly care for playing through the entire thing, you can use the classic mode suspend trick. You get up to an A support with all your possible S supports, save activate the S support with one of them and recruit Morgan and activate Morgan's support with that parent, DO NOT SAVE AT ALL AFTER ACTIVATING THE S, and when you get Morgan's A with the parent you suspend your data with a bookmark, then go back and start your file from where it was last saved, not the bookmark.

That's how I got the last few people.

Only reason I ever do Chrom is 'cuz it's convenient and it's the only way to get double Morgan on FeMU. Don't care about the story and don't care for their support one bit. Would rather Libra or Basilio if I did it based on character than convenience but Basilio comes too late and Libra has other things to do than sit in the back forever. Like heal people.

I almost did SumiaFred once, though. Was testing out ChromSumia that run but it was easier having Sumia fly around with Fred most of the time. I just never got their S. Strong pair. If I ever do another run of FEA off L+ I might do it for real.

All the pairings I do is for storymode nogrind gameplay reasons since I don't particularly care for grinding and the postgame. Game's easy enough that optimization is just a nice little bonus for people who are into it and nothing more.

I... I don't know what to say to that. Do you seriously not enjoy the story one bit? The gameplay is alright, not the most balanced of the series but it's alright. I just don't see how you can play Lunatic+ without caring for characters/story -- that's what awakening is all about. The hard mode was suppose to make you feel more of the reality of what Chrom and the team is going through. But awesome; atleast you care enough to be here right? Cheers! =D

If you want to get all the supports for the support log, but don't particularly care for playing through the entire thing, you can use the classic mode suspend trick. You get up to an A support with all your possible S supports, save activate the S support with one of them and recruit Morgan and activate Morgan's support with that parent, DO NOT SAVE AT ALL AFTER ACTIVATING THE S, and when you get Morgan's A with the parent you suspend your data with a bookmark, then go back and start your file from where it was last saved, not the bookmark.

That's how I got the last few people.

Sorry I am not following well. Why is it that we have to specifically recruit Morgan. Again I apologize I am very new to maxing support library entirely. What I understand from this is that we should get to the A support with all characters with the Avatar, save the game, then get S with with Morgan's parent, recruit Morgan but bookmark the mission, then instead of completing it we load back to the file where Morgan is not yet recruited? Is there a video for this?

EDIT: Alright, after some research, I think I am coming to terms with this trick. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Primrose

I don't lump characters and story together, because you can have a great story but shit characters, or great characters but a shit story. Or you can have neither or both.

I generally don't pay attention to game stories unless I think they're really fucking good, and FE:A's story isn't quite there. Start button is my best friend.

I care about ~5 people in the cast. As a person who's been through the hype since JPN announcements and release and translated the supports back in the days when it just came out in Japan (though through Chinese translations) I've become far too jaded about the quality of the writing to really care about most of the cast. It's not that I don't care about characters in general, but rather I have peculiar standards of how characters should be written before I start caring for them if they don't fall within a certain set of traits that I have soft spots for. It's just that I tried to care, I read all the supports to try to get a feel for them, and most of the time, I get disappointment.

But it's a fun game, so I'll play it for the gameplay.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Sorry I am not following well. Why is it that we have to specifically recruit Morgan. Again I apologize I am very new to maxing support library entirely. What I understand from this is that we should get to the A support with all characters with the Avatar, save the game, then get S with with Morgan's parent, recruit Morgan but bookmark the mission, then instead of completing it we load back to the file where Morgan is not yet recruited? Is there a video for this?

Morgan's conversations for each of his/her potential parents counts as a separate conversation. So if you want 100% completion of the support library, you need to have Morgan get an A support with the avatar's spouse.

Basically, you want to get avatar to an A support with all of the characters he or she can marry, save the game, activate the S support with one of those people, then recruit Morgan. For maximum completion, I suggest you get Morgan to get an A support with his/her non-avatar parent. The most important part is that after you activate the S support, you cannot save. Basically, after the S support is unlocked, play through the game without saving or quitting. Once you are able to grind Morgan's support level with his non-avatar parent to A, you suspend the game (bookmark the mission) and load the save file back to where everyone is at A support only.

If you don't care about Morgan's supports at all, just suspend somewhere after activating an S support.

Not sure if there's a video for this, and I can't make one either, sorry.

I recently completed the support log and I think that doing it on a casual file is easier since it reduced the chances of saving over your main file during a moment of distraction.

Basically, I made a battle save just before completing a map that would give me S-rank. I then saw the S-rank support, recruited the child character, built its support with its parent and saved on the main file. I then reset the game and load the battle save. Greatly reduces the chance of overwriting your save file and having to start a new one over.

This is pretty much what I followed

I recently completed the support log and I think that doing it on a casual file is easier since it reduced the chances of saving over your main file during a moment of distraction.

Basically, I made a battle save just before completing a map that would give me S-rank. I then saw the S-rank support, recruited the child character, built its support with its parent and saved on the main file. I then reset the game and load the battle save. Greatly reduces the chance of overwriting your save file and having to start a new one over.

Personally I feel using that casual mode trick would just give me a bigger headache, but I suppose that works too if you can keep track of it?

I don't lump characters and story together, because you can have a great story but shit characters, or great characters but a shit story. Or you can have neither or both.

I generally don't pay attention to game stories unless I think they're really fucking good, and FE:A's story isn't quite there. Start button is my best friend.

I care about ~5 people in the cast. As a person who's been through the hype since JPN announcements and release and translated the supports back in the days when it just came out in Japan (though through Chinese translations) I've become far too jaded about the quality of the writing to really care about most of the cast. It's not that I don't care about characters in general, but rather I have peculiar standards of how characters should be written before I start caring for them if they don't fall within a certain set of traits that I have soft spots for. It's just that I tried to care, I read all the supports to try to get a feel for them, and most of the time, I get disappointment.

But it's a fun game, so I'll play it for the gameplay.

I agree, the writing does take away from the emmersive experience. Secretly I have made an effort to forget some of the grammatical mistakes I've come across in the dialogue for Say'ri and another Minor one for Avatar. Also, one of the biggest annoyances is that Say'ri's lexicon at times shifts from the usual colloqiual like mostly everyone in the cast to elizabethan english at others. It is clearly evident that just like the world map, the writing was produced very close to the deadline. On a positive note, there were some clever ideas put into the characters however; Kellam the Giant that is noticed by none? =D. Cheers!

Morgan's conversations for each of his/her potential parents counts as a separate conversation. So if you want 100% completion of the support library, you need to have Morgan get an A support with the avatar's spouse.

Basically, you want to get avatar to an A support with all of the characters he or she can marry, save the game, activate the S support with one of those people, then recruit Morgan. For maximum completion, I suggest you get Morgan to get an A support with his/her non-avatar parent. The most important part is that after you activate the S support, you cannot save. Basically, after the S support is unlocked, play through the game without saving or quitting. Once you are able to grind Morgan's support level with his non-avatar parent to A, you suspend the game (bookmark the mission) and load the save file back to where everyone is at A support only.

If you don't care about Morgan's supports at all, just suspend somewhere after activating an S support.

Not sure if there's a video for this, and I can't make one either, sorry.

Thanks Sangyul! The video is not necessary, I will have to try this. Hopefully, my time counter won't reach 130 hours like the man in the video. I am assuming this will work with non-avatar characters as well right. Who would've thought the bookmark convienience could be such a loophole. =D

This is pretty much what I followed

So it can be done with others. Great! If you have maxed out supports, how long did it take?

Edited by Primrose

The only one of those I use is Stahl x Cordelia. Sorry. :P And I REALLY dislike Chrom x Avatar, so again, sorry.

The rest:

Frederick x Kelli (Avatar)

Chrom x Olivia

Donnel x Lissa

Gaius x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Cherche

Vaike x Sully

Henry x Sumia

Virion x Panne

Ricken x Nowi

Gregor x Tharja

Kellam x Miriel

I don't optimize or anything, I pick pairings based on supports and somewhat based on which characters I like and dislike (I typically don't pair characters I like with characters I dislike, but on occasion this does happen).

But man, I fangirl so hard over Frederick x Female Avatar that I've made a bunch of fanart and fanfiction revolving around it. Just can't resist. x3 Here's a scene from the honeymoon story just for kicks. :)

Soon, however, night fell over the area, and a large grin was plastered on Frederick's face as the couple ate dinner. He would soon get to show Kelli the idea he had given to the fireworks woman, and could not wait to see how she'd react. Winfrey then announced the approaching start of the fireworks show within the next hour, and Frederick led Kelli to the location they had been granted to see it. They were at the head of the crowd where they would have the closest and clearest view of the show.

"Oh, Frederick, what's the hurry?" Kelli wondered. "Usually it's me trying to get you to go somewhere."

"You'll see, hun. Just watch," Frederick assured, his smile not fading.

"Hey there, everyone!" Winfrey shouted. "Did we enjoy our day today?!"

The crowd cheered even louder than they had in the morning, making it clear to the host that it was a magnificent yes.

"Now THAT'S what I like to hear! And folks, it's time for the big finale! Let your eyes be amazed as we shoot off the most gorgeous fireworks you'll ever see! And look for a special surprise this year too!"

The crowd boomed once more as the first few fireworks shot into the sky, creating dazzling colors and lights that brightened the night sky. Every part of the rainbow was visible in the display, causing the crowd to go silent with awe. Soon enough, however, one set of fireworks made Kelli's eyes widen more than they ever had before in her life. These formed a group of letters that spelled out a message, which was surrounded by pink hearts. The message read:

FREDERICK AND KELLI

TOGETHER FOREVER

The crowd was in even more awe when they saw it, but no one was more mesmerized than Kelli. A large, open smile formed on her face as tears of joy built up in her eyes.

"Oh…" she uttered. "Oh, Frederick!"

Kelli then turned towards her husband and lunged, tackling Frederick to the ground as she curled her arms around his neck.

"Oof!" he blurted. Kelli pressed her lips against his, causing him to pull her close and return the gesture. Many people awed at the scene, happy to witness such strong romance.

"Frederick… You are just too wonderful," Kelli commented happily when she and Frederick parted. "I love you more than I ever did before now!"

"Ah…" Frederick replied bashfully. "I would only show my love for you in the brightest and most beautiful way I can think of."

"And you've succeeded, I would say," Kelli added. "Hee hee, I'm guessing this is a sort of late wedding gift too?"

"You can call it that, yes. I must apologize, as I was at a loss at what to get you. I don't exactly know much about female tastes. The pendant I bought was all I could ever come up with."

"Don't worry, handsome. You've given me all I could ever ask for from the man of my dreams."

"Kelli, you don't know how happy that makes me. Those words fill me with more joy than I ever felt before. Of course, only the woman of my dreams can achieve such a feat."

"Heh, but of course."

With that, the two didn't hesitate to swoop in for another kiss. And this time, they didn't part for a long, long time.

EDIT: Oh wait, just belatedly noticed that you also did Lon'qu x Cherche. Oopsie, haha.

Edited by Anacybele

FYI, 130 hours for this game is nothing. There are plenty of people who are around 1,000 hours, and some who have done more.

Even if SoC did all the supports on that 130 hour file (which isn't possible because you need separate files for male and female Avatar), you have to remember that a) that time doesn't reflect the time that the children spent grinding to A with their parents, and b) the amount of time it takes to gain supports varies heavily based on how fast your menu management is, what method of support grinding you use, and whether or not you actually watch the supports themselves.

Personally I feel using that casual mode trick would just give me a bigger headache, but I suppose that works too if you can keep track of it?

The problem I have with the classic method is that if your just a little bit distracted at the end of a map, you're basically forced to start over. And I made an excel document to keep track of all the pairs I had done or not.

So it can be done with others. Great! If you have maxed out supports, how long did it take?

It must have taken me around 200-250 hours.