So am I the only one who wants another game with Ike?

LoveTikiTiki

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer Micaiah over Ike, she's a more interesting character in my opinion, and it'd be interesting to see her interactions as Queen of Daein. Would also be interesting to see if Soren's lineage comes into the plot at all.

And there's the obvious Next Generation idea taking place anywhere from 20-100 years after RD. Micaiah is still a significant character in this, as may Soren be. Amy could be playable as could be the children of Micaiah and Sothe, Elincia and Geoffrey, Mist and Boyd, (Ike and Soren?) and a whole cast of brand new characters as well. the more I think about it the more I really love the idea.

I'd prefer Micaiah over Ike, she's a more interesting character in my opinion, and it'd be interesting to see her interactions as Queen of Daein. Would also be interesting to see if Soren's lineage comes into the plot at all.

And there's the obvious Next Generation idea taking place anywhere from 20-100 years after RD. Micaiah is still a significant character in this, as may Soren be. Amy could be playable as could be the children of Micaiah and Sothe, Elincia and Geoffrey, Mist and Boyd, (Ike and Soren?) and a whole cast of brand new characters as well. the more I think about it the more I really love the idea.

It would be great to have another game in Tellius with familiar faces, but that's incredibly unlikely considering the epilogue to Radiant Dawn and Ashunera and Lehran's conversation

http://serenesforest.net/fe10/script/ending.html

I've always thought it was a prelude to the final game in what would hopefully be a Tellius trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, please, DON'T make any pairings absolutely canon except ones already established to be such, like Largo x Callil. That would really stomp on some fans.

I wouldn't mind another game with Ike since I'm a huge fan of him, but due to how sensitive pairings in Tellius are for me, I wouldn't play it if it 100% canonized all the ones from RD that I hate. I'd prefer that he show up as a side character instead, anyway, perhaps advising a new lord character in another land since he went off to explore new places.

As long as it's on another continent, sure. Ike shows up in some random village, maybe gets nursed back to health by strangers if he, for example, ran out of food/water and was on the verge of death. Then evil dudes from some evil nation in their evil war happen upon the village and Ike saves them all, then goes rampaging across the continent gathering helpers and destroying that evil nation. Good times.

I dunno, I'd like another Tellius game but I'm not sure Ike should star in it. After all, starting with him on your team would be a bit overpowered, and retconning some reason for him to be as weak as other starting lords would annoy me. Maybe one of his distant descendants, or something? The ending of RD hints at conflict returning to Tellius, so it'd make sense. We could have a new cast in a familiar (and well constructed) world. I'd like that.

• 4 months later...

I personally would like to see a game set in tellius with priam as the main lord besides he has had zero character development in awakening. a shame really he has such a badass design don't do this to me IS, don't let him go to waste

I personally wasn't satisfied with how it wrapped up in RD, but I don't think the solution is another Ike game so much as a new sequel to Path of Radiance... which won't happen but alas.

I personally wasn't satisfied with how it wrapped up in RD, but I don't think the solution is another Ike game so much as a new sequel to Path of Radiance... which won't happen but alas.

Agree with this. Radiant Dawn clearly did not want to leave room for more. Everything was pretty much explained.

I love the Tellius games. They're by far my favorite Fire Emblems, but I feel that story and setting is pretty much finished.

I mean Radiant Dawn literally ends with you killing god. There's no reasonable way to build on that. How are we supposed to take any new threat or conflict seriously when the protagonists have already defeated the divine creator of the entire world? lol

As for Ike in particular, I don't really care much for him. He's alright in PoR when he's the naive and sheltered kid learning about the political and social injustices of the world, but in RD he's pretty dry and bland, although he has some good one-liners and his character design is top notch .

Edited by Team Alucard

I love the Tellius games. They're by far my favorite Fire Emblems, but I feel that story and setting is pretty much finished.

I mean Radiant Dawn literally ends with you killing god. There's no reasonable way to build on that. How are we supposed to take any new threat or conflict seriously when the protagonists have already defeated the divine creator of the entire world? lol

As for Ike in particular, I don't really care much for him. He's alright in PoR when he's the naive and sheltered kid learning about the political and social injustices of the world, but in RD he's pretty dry and bland, although he has some good one-liners and his character design is top notch .

The only thing they could do is go the God of War route. Have Ike shave his head and go on a quest to kill Naga, Loptosu, Medeus, Mila, Doma and the Demon King.

I can think of one other person, but that's it.

No, not that perso-

*stabs Ana*

On-topic, there are other peeps who want more Ike in FE, but IS is not going to make another FE game with Ike in it. EDIT: I myself would like to see a new world with new faces.

Unless it's Magvel and/or Ylisse, but I'm leaning towards Magvel.

Edited by ScarletFlame

• 2 weeks later...

Actually it's far from impossible to have another game with Ike in it seeing as he likely did make it to the FE:A world and had a child there (or, alternatively, had a child in Tellus who then headed out towards the FE:A world). It's not like it would, somehow, be impossible to do. Heck, there would be some very good reasons for it as well and, I suspect, part of the reason why Soren and Ranulf got paired endings in RD was because they were planning such a thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind a next-gen Tellius game, probably focused on the struggles the queens of Daien, Crimea and Begnion focus under the new regimes of their kingdoms. The children of the canon FE10 pairings could be among the main characters, and the younger ones from FE9/FE10 (Mist, Rolf, Edward, Meg) could also show up as prepromotes. Even older characters like Tauroneo and Sigrun could get the Arran/Marcus treatment and return as a Jeigan.

But Ike... meh. He was great in FE9 but they did nothing with him character-wise in FE10, so I don't see him getting any new development in a potential 3rd tellius game.

I wouldn't mind a next-gen Tellius game, probably focused on the struggles the queens of Daien, Crimea and Begnion focus under the new regimes of their kingdoms. The children of the canon FE10 pairings could be among the main characters, and the younger ones from FE9/FE10 (Mist, Rolf, Edward, Meg) could also show up as prepromotes. Even older characters like Tauroneo and Sigrun could get the Arran/Marcus treatment and return as a Jeigan.

But Ike... meh. He was great in FE9 but they did nothing with him character-wise in FE10, so I don't see him getting any new development in a potential 3rd tellius game.

Who knows maybe they can work some magic. I think it would be cool to just have references to him as the legendary/radiant hero. Maybe they could even show some development on Mist's side of her missing her brother and all. Hell maybe just maybe they could have him be like a secret character or something thats alluded to through Mist gradually recognizing him throughout the story. Anyways I'm getting a bit carried away here. I just want to revisit Tellius in general.

The children of the canon FE10 pairings

The only one that's canon is Callil x Largo though. And probably Sothe x Micaiah. The other possible pairings are just optional. This is why I said I don't like the idea of another Tellius game using them. Because they're just optional and completely canonizing them would piss some fans off. IS did canonize FE4 pairings, I hear, but I also heard that fans did not react to that well.

The only one that's canon is Callil x Largo though. And probably Sothe x Micaiah. The other possible pairings are just optional. This is why I said I don't like the idea of another Tellius game using them. Because they're just optional and completely canonizing them would piss some fans off. IS did canonize FE4 pairings, I hear, but I also heard that fans did not react to that well.

Well a lot of the "pairings" in Radiant Dawn's paired endings only had one option (I literally can't think of anyone other than Ike who had more than two endings) meaning there wouldn't be a whole lot to complain about. They're more canon than any other nonplot based pairings in the series. All the complaints people could have are already existing complaints. Leanne and Naesala springs to mind as a particularly controversial one. How does cross race breeding even work in Laguz coming to think of it? We know it's possible since Nasir is Ena's grandfather and she in turn had a kid with Rajaion but outside of the dragons where they only differ in colour it would be weird. Especially if they completely crossed tribes. Imagine a wolf hawk.

Edited by Jotari

If there was a 3rd Tellius game, it would probably just have Ike, Ranulf and Soren in the distant land as traveling buddies.

Or the rest of the cast following their departure.