So am I the only one who wants another game with Ike?

LoveTikiTiki

Uh, Naesala and Leanne are both bird laguz. I don't see why they would have a problem breeding. I mean, even in real life, some animal species in the same family can breed. Lions can breed with tigers, horses can breed with donkeys, and so on.

And regardless of there only being one option for each character that has a pairing, they still have an ending where they aren't married. And some people still prefer to stick with those endings.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, Naesala and Leanne are both bird laguz. I don't see why they would have a problem breeding. I mean, even in real life, some animal species in the same family can breed. Lions can breed with tigers, horses can breed with donkeys, and so on.

And regardless of there only being one option for each character that has a pairing, they still have an ending where they aren't married. And some people still prefer to stick with those endings.

I highly doubt a raven can breed with a heron in real world genetics but that really isn't relevant. I'm not saying they'd have a problem breeding, birds can breed with people in this universe so it'd be perfectly doable. I'm wondering what the result would be. Would the child transform into a heron or a raven or some kind of hybrid of the two? Would it be black or white or grey or a mix? Branded got a non and a bit of focus in Fire Emblem but we heard next to nothing of the laguz cross breeding between tribes and sub tribes. Is it socially acceptable outside to breed with a laguz outside of the main three tribes or is it taboo like the branded?

I highly doubt a raven can breed with a heron in real world genetics but that really isn't relevant. I'm not saying they'd have a problem breeding, birds can breed with people in this universe so it'd be perfectly doable. I'm wondering what the result would be. Would the child transform into a heron or a raven or some kind of hybrid of the two? Would it be black or white or grey or a mix? Branded got a non and a bit of focus in Fire Emblem but we heard next to nothing of the laguz cross breeding between tribes and sub tribes. Is it socially acceptable outside to breed with a laguz outside of the main three tribes or is it taboo like the branded?

This could be a topic if there had been a third game. Sounds very interesting honestly.

Also their kid would be the literal personification of Yin-Yang :P

Is the Naesala/Leanna controversy about breeding or the fact that Naesala is kind of a slime ball (I know he's supposed to have a heart deep down, but still...)

I think its a bit of both, depends on the person.

Er, Naesala and Leanne have a heron girl and a raven boy if they marry. It's stated in their ending. xP

And Naesala seemed like he was a douche, but the reason he acted the way he did was because his country was under a blood pact. He was trying to protect it and he was forced to go against allies in order to do that. He was doing it for his people. He even said to himself "forgive me" when he sold Reyson off to Oliver.

Edited by Anacybele

Er, Naesala and Leanne have a heron girl and a raven boy if they marry. It's stated in their ending. xP

Ah so it's just random. That seems almost disappointing. I want a Wolf-Hawk.

Ah so it's just random. That seems almost disappointing. I want a Wolf-Hawk.

Could always watch the Croods :P

Someone ships Tibarn and Nailah I see.

Also, the fact that Naesala and Leanne are said to have kids if they marry also intrigues me. The two should theoretically be absolute canon if IS wants them to have kids. Yet they still have the option to not marry one another. Why say they have kids and make it possible that they don't? What if Naesala or Leanne die in battle? Give them plot armor. IS didn't do this though. This is one thing that leads me to believe that there are multiple timelines and that IS is basically saying everyone's headcanon is canon somewhere. The paired endings in RD are just there to give us ideas and that they're just one of many existing scenarios. Awakening is the main thing that makes me believe in the multiple timeline stuff though.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, the fact that Naesala and Leanne are said to have kids if they marry also intrigues me. The two should theoretically be absolute canon if IS wants them to have kids. Yet they still have the option to not marry one another. Why say they have kids and make it possible that they don't? This is one thing that leads me to believe that there are multiple timelines and that IS is basically saying everyone's headcanon is canon somewhere. The paired endings in RD are just there to give us ideas and that they're just one of many existing scenarios. Awakening is the main thing that makes me believe in the multiple timeline stuff though.

Eventually there will be FE: Skyward Ike whereon the Tellius timeline will be fully revealed

Note this is extreme sarcasm

Also, the fact that Naesala and Leanne are said to have kids if they marry also intrigues me. The two should theoretically be absolute canon if IS wants them to have kids. Yet they still have the option to not marry one another. Why say they have kids and make it possible that they don't? What if Naesala or Leanne die in battle? Give them plot armor. IS didn't do this though. This is one thing that leads me to believe that there are multiple timelines and that IS is basically saying everyone's headcanon is canon somewhere. The paired endings in RD are just there to give us ideas and that they're just one of many existing scenarios. Awakening is the main thing that makes me believe in the multiple timeline stuff though.

Characters with plot armor don't get endings. It just says they were injured in whatever chapter. In terms of gameplay they are dead and thus you don't get the "reword" for letting them live till the end of the game. Likewise if one of them are dead in terms of gameplay then you can't get the reward for achieving A support. What is Canon is also a pretty loose idea. FE5 confirmed pairings that weren't even possible in FE4 and depicted what were meant to be the same events quite differently just because it was the story IS wanted to tell. Likewise New Mystery of The Emblem had Marth meeting and knowing all the characters from Shadow Dragon's Gaidens when for that to be possible in terms of gameplay, half his army should have been dead. IS are going to do what IS want to do regardless as to whether it confirms, contradicts or disregards things they earlier implied.

PS. In terms of confirming one character pairs they have quite solidly confirmed Marth X Shiida. Probably the most concrete pairing excluding Holy's Wars plot based ones.

Edited by Jotari

I'm aware of Marth x Caeda. xP (ugh, I can't stand her Japanese name)

But still, IS stepped on people's favorite pairs from FE4 by doing what they did in FE5. I know that this means that the Tellius pairings I like that aren't possible in-game could become canon since IS's treatment of FE5 shows that they're fine with doing previously impossible pairings, but I wouldn't want them to upset any fans of the RD pairings that ARE possible right now. I would just leave all pairings completely in the air aside from completely canon stuff like Callil x Largo.

I mean, take Geoffrey x Elincia and Ike x Soren for example. If IS suddenly made another game that did Ike x Elincia, which did not get an ending, fans of those pairings would whine and scream that they got trolled and shit. Not only would that be annoying, I would kind of feel bad for them. Because honestly, that kind of thing WOULD feel like trolling.

Edited by Anacybele

The paired endings in FE10 might as well be canon since nobody has more than one marriage option. So if you are going to make a game focused on the next generation of the heroes of Tellius, you might as well use the only pairings that can happen in FE10.

In fact, I wonder if IntSys purposely wrote the endings in FE10 like that in case they ever wanted to revisit Tellius. Out of all the FE universes, it's definitely the one that seems set up better for a "Next Gen" type of sequel.

I'm aware of Marth x Caeda. xP (ugh, I can't stand her Japanese name)

It's her European name too. And strange as it might seem, it looks as if it's meant to be pronounced the same way with Cae having a See sound like Ceaser or Caesium.

The paired endings in FE10 might as well be canon since nobody has more than one marriage option. So if you are going to make a game focused on the next generation of the heroes of Tellius, you might as well use the only pairings that can happen in FE10.

In fact, I wonder if IntSys purposely wrote the endings in FE10 like that in case they ever wanted to revisit Tellius. Out of all the FE universes, it's definitely the one that seems set up better for a "Next Gen" type of sequel.

I hope not seeing as I dislike most of RD's possible pairings (I only like Naesala x Leanne and Haar x Jill out of them. The rest I don't like or am completely neutral to). And I know I'm not the only fan with this view. This is why I was making a different argument. I know IS can never make everyone happy, but I can still hope that they don't use most of RD's pairings.

Also, RD had a small number of possible pairings to begin with. Surely more people than just them got married after RD's events. So why should IS limit themselves to only RD pairings?

It's her European name too. And strange as it might seem, it looks as if it's meant to be pronounced the same way with Cae having a See sound like Ceaser or Caesium.

Well, I pronounce it "SAY-dah" because I find "SEE-dah" to be even more dumb than "SHEE-dah."

Edited by Anacybele

I hope not seeing as I dislike most of RD's possible pairings (I only like Naesala x Leanne and Haar x Jill out of them. The rest I don't like or am completely neutral to). And I know I'm not the only fan with this view. This is why I was making a different argument. I know IS can never make everyone happy, but I can still hope that they don't use most of RD's pairings.

Also, RD had a small number of possible pairings to begin with. Surely more people than just them got married after RD's events. So why should IS limit themselves to only RD pairings?

Most people can accept pairings even if they dislike them. They wouldn't say no to a new game in the series even if it meant that a pairing they don't like had a kid.

And I never said they just have to use the FE10 paired endings. I wouldn't mind if they canonize a few more pairings like Aran x Laura (a pairing that nearly no one seems to have an issue with) or just marry some other characters to unseen NPCs. Heck, not everyone HAS to get married, as not every playable character needs to be related to the original Tellius cast.

Well, I would have a hard time playing a game with kids of those pairings, especially a kid of Geoffrey and Elincia. I'm sorry, but it's just how I feel, even if I will admit that it's silly. Although, I suppose I could put up with it if Kieran x Marcia became a thing. :o

And I know, I'm not saying every known character in Tellius has to be married either. xP

• 2 weeks later...

A little surprised by the lack of love for Ike. He is one of my favorite characters. He grows into such a powerhouse and has a strong set of morals.

I would love more Ike. Perhaps an older version of him would be cool and a story where he isn't the main focus.

Personally, I would love to see another FE game that does not offer grinding or pairs. I enjoyed FE:A a lot, but I prefer the PoR and RD much more.

• 2 weeks later...

lol, Ike doesn't even seem to know what love is given how oblivious he is to Elincia's little crush on him and other people teasing him about loving her back (Ranulf and Shinon both do this). Although he DOES know when a woman is after him, ergo the Aimee stuff. XD

lol, Ike doesn't even seem to know what love is given how oblivious he is to Elincia's little crush on him and other people teasing him about loving her back (Ranulf and Shinon both do this). Although he DOES know when a woman is after him, ergo the Aimee stuff. XD

Fast forward to 0:41. Ike on relationships in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R8veK7mv5w&spfreload=10

"What is that, some kind of food?"

Oh my gods, I'd LOVE to see Ike answer a question with a response like this. XD He's a food lover! lol

EDIT: Actually, wait, I'm a fanfic writer, I could have Ike say that myself! Just perfect!

Edited by Anacybele