So am I the only one who wants another game with Ike?

LoveTikiTiki

A little surprised by the lack of love for Ike. He is one of my favorite characters. He grows into such a powerhouse and has a strong set of morals.

It ought to be said that the reason not everyone here "likes Ike" is because of the overwhelming amount of rabid Ike fans.

That, and Siglud is the cooler lord.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiant Dawn tried quite hard to leave as little room as possible for the Tellius story to continue, so the only way there could be another Tellius game would be if there was a prequel to Path of Radiance. A game starring a young Greil could be pretty great. As one of Daein's four riders, Greil probably participated in some pretty large wars. We could perhaps even get a playable Zelgius. Or even a game staring Altena in the original war against Yune would be cool.

I mean, it's not all that likely due to the Tellius games low sales, but hey it'd be neat.

Edited by Monado Boy

Yeah I didn't mean they those stories are fake, but I mean it's better that we're only vaguely familiar with those stories. Having something like Altina-Lehran support conversations would just ruin the mythic allure of those characters.

Edited by Radiant head

I like Ike (lol), but it's not hard to see why some people wouldn't. He's bland as cardboard in RD.

Well, I find there's more to love about Ike besides his character. His design is great (RD Ike just looks sexy and badass!), he becomes an absolute beast statistically, his animations are super cool most of the time (AETHER <3), and he's so strong that he can swing two-handed swords with one hand effortlessly! He can even throw the damn thing up in the air with one hand!

I CAN see why some people would find RD Ike kind of bland though, he didn't get as much focus as he did in PoR since he doesn't even show up until Part 3 and I feel like RD was trying to develop Micaiah more than Ike. Only it failed to make even her likable, imo.

Still, I'm never going to get how anyone can hate Ike. :( Dislike him, find him simply okay, sure. But outright hate/dislike him a lot...yeah.

It ought to be said that the reason not everyone here "likes Ike" is because of the overwhelming amount of rabid Ike fans.

Honestly, I find way more rabid Chrom and Lucina fans more than rabid Ike fans. And Roy fans love to bash Ike because of how he "replaced" Roy in Brawl. I'm sure annoying Ike fans exist too (I've even unintentionally annoyed some people...), but all of these characters are going to have some bad apple fans.

That, and Siglud is the cooler lord.

Sigurd does seem cool indeed. But whether or not he's cooler than Ike is opinion, yo. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I find there's more to love about Ike besides his character. His design is great (RD Ike just looks sexy and badass!), he becomes an absolute beast statistically, his animations are super cool most of the time (AETHER <3), and he's so strong that he can swing two-handed swords with one hand effortlessly! He can even throw the damn thing up in the air with one hand!

I agree, though I still think PoR's Lord Ike was way cooler in terms of animation and design. The way he smashes someone with a flip and swiftly turns around in his critical hit was fucking boss.

Honestly, I find way more rabid Chrom and Lucina fans more than rabid Ike fans. And Roy fans love to bash Ike because of how he "replaced" Roy in Brawl. I'm sure annoying Ike fans exist too (I've even unintentionally annoyed some people...), but all of these characters are going to have some bad apple fans.

Yeah, but I imagine Ike dwarfs Roy in popularity, given how much hate the latter gets.

Hey, RD Ike does that flip in his critical too! He slashes twice, then WAMMO, flip attack! I find all his critical animations badass though.

Oh yeah, and the cutscene where Ike first shows up in RD, he sends three guys plummeting to the ground with just one swing of Ettard. That was epic. :D

As for popularity, Roy is actually way more popular in Japan, but otherwise, yeah, Ike does seem to be loved a lot more.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm an Ike dissenter, but even I can't help be impressed by something like this...

RFEE01-37.png

When I used to hack RD, btw. Pretty much every returning PoR character was OP'ed.

Edited by Luchino

Yeah, true, but I also like that RD Ike just goes right into that three-hit combo. PoR Ike pauses for a second before doing his flip and turn-around. Still, as I said, I find both to be awesome!

Yeah, true, but I also like that RD Ike just goes right into that three-hit combo. PoR Ike pauses for a second before doing his flip and turn-around. Still, as I said, I find both to be awesome!

Ike's a pretty cool bro, and I'd like to see him in a new game!

I didn't mind Ike being a relatively static character in RD, because he had his arc in PoR. What we see in RD is him after the conclusion of his character development. I also like his character in RD. But I would not want to see another game with Ike. His story is done.

Edited by Monado Boy

This is probably a better concept for my own fanfiction than an actual game, but (IMO) the best way I can see Tellius get re-explored would be to set it 1200 years after RD, like hinted in the Lehran/Ashunera epilogue. Everyone would be an OC except Kurthnaga, and maybe Priam

Ike is an awesome character in both games in my opinion. In PoR he's a common mercenary with alot of character development and the story is pretty much focused on him becoming the leader and hero he needs to be. It even shows the challenges he encounters with being young and thrusted into a leadership situation with people much more experienced than he is. Then comes the Black Knight failing time and again to so much as put a scratch on him and needing to grow stronger so that he can stand a chance against him and avenge his father.

In RD keep in mind Ike is already the hero at this point and the respected accomplished leader in the eyes of all the Griel Mercenaries (even if Shinon hates to admit it). So there is little you can do developmental wise. Although the reason I still like RD Ike as a character still is that you see how he changed and truely matured as a leader. I thought this was particulary evident when he talks to Lehran before facing Ashera. Also the his dual with Zelgius (BK) was a big thing from me because at that point Zelgius admits to Ike truley living up to his father and being his equal if not more in all aspects. This to me is what makes Ike an awesome character and why the Tellius games are best played together because you can really see how far Ike has come as a character from being a boy mercenary to a mighty hero of legend. Whats more is that he's just a normal guy trying to make a living doing what he's good at that's what makes him appealing because people can relate to him.

I feel like Ike as the main character in another FE would seem redundant. We've been there before, his story arc/character arc doesn't seem to have much left to explore... I guess going to a new land/learning new things could work. But didn't he do that in PoR already?

I like Ike, but if Ike was to return I would like to see him in a different role than main character.

Perhaps, Ike could be the overpowered Jeigan? Or uber-powerful endgame character, seen throughout but only joining the new protagonists at the endgame like FE6 Karel?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Yeah, I agree that Ike doesn't need to be the main character again. His story is finished. But I'd still love to see him appear as a side character, maybe even a Jagen-type to guide a new lord in a new continent that he explores since he left. That's kinda what I did in fanfiction, though in that case the lord actually gets another such advisor early too.

Ike would still have his Hero or Vanguard class, but he'd function just like any other non-lord in battle. If he falls, he's gone unless you restart the chapter (or move onto the next in casual mode), he doesn't give a game over and he isn't a forced unit, etc etc. But he still decides to help out, whether he was hired to do so or he made good friends with the lord or something.

And then so Ike doesn't just seem like he's just there with no purpose besides just being there, I later have him become a sort of official second-in-command to the lord once she becomes an official military commander. Ike is like the only person around that has any experience in commanding a huge army made up of multiple nations' troops, so yeah. There is also an arc where Ike isn't even available in the party for some time, because one of his weaknesses finally gets exposed: his monster appetite leads him to mistakenly eat poisoned ribs, and he's left very ill for awhile. The lord finally gets a chance to see what she can do without Ike's guidance, on a mission to retrieve life-saving medicine for him (the poison Ike wound up taking in turns out to be something almost unknown to the gang and a remedy was never made until fairly recently).

So yeah, this kind of thing is what I want to see if Ike shows up again (not counting DLC). Basically, his purpose would be to help a new lord's growth and development.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike being a tough mentor like his father to a new lord would be a cool spin.

I'm sure people would like to see an older or maybe even an OLD!Ike, maybe on that distant land he sailed to.

Perhaps, Ike could be the overpowered Jeigan? Or uber-powerful endgame character, seen throughout but only joining the new protagonists at the endgame like FE6 Karel?

Only if it's like Greil where you can never actually play as him. Even then I'm kind of iffy about it. Ike is now this hero of myth, I like the idea that he's just this intangible figure that's talked about but not seen.

Only if it's like Greil where you can never actually play as him. Even then I'm kind of iffy about it. Ike is now this hero of myth, I like the idea that he's just this intangible figure that's talked about but not seen.

Well we do have Priam. I'm thinking why not set it in the land he went to him taking the role as Greil and maybe even be about his kid and how he trains and mentor's him.

Or better yet have a story or set of sidestories talking about what the people are doing in Tellius after Ike left. Aka Mist and her dealing with it, Elincia, Boyd, Titania, Mia and the rest of the mercenaries. Maybe one of them goes looking for Ike and that's how he ends up having a kid. I don't know.

Edited by TacoMan42

Maybe one of them goes looking for Ike and that's how he ends up having a kid. I don't know.

And I actually had Elincia go look for Ike and they get married because they had an affair before the whole RD mess...haha. We so think alike! But don't mind who Ike has a kid with as long as it isn't Mia, as you know. :P (it can't be Titania though, I'm sure she stays in Tellius with the mercenaries for all her life. Plus she's like fifteen years older than Ike!)

I would so love to see how he handles and learns to be a father though! He strikes me as the sort that would blunder a bit at first but start getting right afterward. lol I plan to write some humor about Ike having trouble with diaper changing and stuff. loool

Edited by Anacybele