So am I the only one who wants another game with Ike?

LoveTikiTiki

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see this working, but not with Ike as a main character.

I actually had an outline for a fanfic done that basically has Ike coming back to Tellius from his travels to warn the various rulers that another country was planning to come invade Tellius from across the sea, and he stays on to train Elincia's twin children. It basically puts him into a sort of Jeigan role, staying out the spotlight but still protecting his home, two things that would be important to him. I ended up shelving the idea mostly because while I really liked the character dynamic I had going on (won't get into details because it doesn't belong here, but it was a lot of fun working with relationships, etc.), the actual plot of the invasion was kind of lackluster. Might go back to it at some point now that I'm better versed in writing combat scenarios. Hell, I could even work with Awakening's Outrealms if I wanted to.

But, I mean, it just goes to show that if I can come up with a fanfic idea (and, to be honest, I'm probably more concerned with coming up with a good plot than IS), that IS could certainly come back to Tellius and work in Ike if they really wanted to. And I would definitely buy it and play it because I'm a sucker.

I don't honestly think they'll make another Tellius game, though. I think the closest we'd get would be a distant-future Tellius the way Awakening is a distant-future Akaneia.

I think Ike's storyline's pretty much concluded. We already have him wandering off as canon and GeoffreyxElincia, as well as a few other essentially canon pairings too. Whilst it'd be interesting to see what he did after leaving, it'd be dragging things out a little.