A unesesary rant about a character in awakening...

ClassyWolf

...That I'll anyway do.

If there is one character I can't stand in awakening (which is quite an accomplishment nintendo thinking about that said character & Bastian are my favourites in the series... or favourites in the others with the exeption of fe:).

Said character is Tiki, what is she even doing in awakeing, she has no reson to be there, and the place she is in and the things she do raises even more quistions about what were they thinking and if they bothered to read the scripts of the games they were making a sequel to.

I'll explain a bit (and maybe you can enlighten me how this makes sense...), first, what is she doing in valm, formerly known as valencia? a place where they have eradicated the dragons and have two gods of their own who they have no reason not to abandon (really, they are active gods, without they can't get promotins, crops won't grow and they can make people stronger).

And why does Tiki even help her parent? I mean Naga gave orders to Gotoh to seal her away from the world and presumeably to kill her if the binding shield was never restored... why would she begin to serve said person? and where is Bantu? do you think they wouldn't start to look after each other after Marth died and Akaneia fell? and what about the binding shield being the thing that made sure that dragons wouldn't go feral, and where are the dragons that Marth saved by restoring the binding shield? how hasn't Tiki degenerated already after all these years (despite not abandoning her dragonstone) if the binding shield has been destroyed and spheres scattered.

The mere exsistance of Tiki in awakening with so little explenation buggs the crap out of me, why did they even need to set this game in Akaneia?

... well, Iv'e ranted for long enough without accomplishing anything... good day, I'll just go back into my corner now.

I'll explain a bit (and maybe you can enlighten me how this makes sense...), first, what is she doing in valm, formerly known as valencia? a place where they have eradicated the dragons and have two gods of their own who they have no reason not to abandon (really, they are active gods, without they can't get promotins, crops won't grow and they can make people stronger).

false; the entire point of FE2's ending is that they abandon the gods, or rather that the gods abandon them. Duma literally tells Alm that rule of Valentia is now up to humans and that the gods have cocked the place up enough. worship of them still continues, but not on the same scale. at any rate, there is literally no reason why Valentia shouldn't worship Naga as well; everything she did to protect humans in Archanea applies to the Valentians just as much

that said, there's no evidence that the people of Valentia ever actively eradicated dragons. the draco zombies suggest they were there at one point, so they're not completely irrelevant, but that doesn't mean an active genocide happened like in Elibe

And why does Tiki even help her parent? I mean Naga gave orders to Gotoh to seal her away from the world and presumeably to kill her if the binding shield was never restored... why would she begin to serve said person?

false: literally everything Naga did was to protect her, even if it was in an ill-advised way, not to mention there is literally no evidence that Naga ever said a so much as a hint about having Tiki killed under any circumstances. Tiki's not an idiot, and there's no way she wouldn't realise that

and where is Bantu? do you think they wouldn't start to look after each other after Marth died and Akaneia fell?

bear in mind how little we know of anything that happened between Marth's and FE13's events. for all we know they did indeed live together for a while following Marth's death, but probably parted ways at some point or another as people tend to do (it has been a really fucking long time). that said, Bantu is still somehow alive during FE13's events, according to Nowi

and what about the binding shield being the thing that made sure that dragons wouldn't go feral, and where are the dragons that Marth saved by restoring the binding shield? how hasn't Tiki degenerated already after all these years (despite not abandoning her dragonstone) if the binding shield has been destroyed and spheres scattered.

okay now we're into the actual "FE13 fucked up" territory. this is a definite cock-up on the writers' part, made all the more stinging by how little we actually know about the FE13-era universe. however, it's pretty much the only actual problem you've addressed, sorry to say

Bantu is still alive [according to one of Nowi's shinies] but face it, the dude's an old coot at this point. He was old in FE1(11)/3(12) and he's not getting any younger. Dude's old!

As far as the binding shield thing goes: FE's a universe prone to having magic fuck up the rules every now and then. [Like the Ending Winter and whatever it was that caused Dragon degeneration in Akeneia.]

We know that the Binding shield no longer keeps the dragons trapped (as it seems more pertinent to keep the gems out of the shield than in it)- and this has something to do with Grima who has something to do with Earth Dragons. [Viable theory is that Grima? It's all of the Earth Dragons sealed away fused into one super-entity- a case that would explain everything but Tiki, but it's not like Tiki is an impossible case either...]

Given Tiki is a fair deal more mature, and is keeping her power sealed away, it's a fair suggestion that the threat of her going Deathwing has diminished over the 2000 years- as a more mature mind is a more stable mind.

The real question is where **** is Xane? Killed by Grima's first appearance is viable, but... I dunno. Maybe he's why Gangrel is alive. That isn't Gangrel. It's Xane ****ing with everyone.

Edited by Airship Canon

Tiki is actually Xane.

Think about it. Tiki in FE13 speaks of events that occured way before she was alive (or was in her sleep) in a way that seems like she experienced them.

And Xane messes with people all the time.

Tiki is actually Xane.

Think about it. Tiki in FE13 speaks of events that occured way before she was alive (or was in her sleep) in a way that seems like she experienced them.

This would be really cool if it was true, but that raises two questions:

1. How the heck is Morgan born if "Tiki" marries Avatar?

2. What happened to the Tiki that was in the original Archanea series?

Morgan is also Xane from the future.

Tiki, uh, still sleeping I guess? You got me there.

If we're going based off of that little snippet, then I have a little theory of my own:

Nagi from Mystery of the Emblem was actually Naga, who used up the last of her diminishing power (resulting from Gharnef's return, the Darksphere, and the attempted revival of Medeus) to gain a mortal form and aid the group. She took this form regardless, but because Tiki canonically survived (hence her even being here, presumably), she didn't have to actually do anything.

So Mystery continues as normal. Marth and friends win, yadda yadda yadda.

Before her power fades away for good, Nagi approaches the real Tiki and gives her the task of replacing her as Naga so that the people still have a Divine Dragon to worship. She does, but Tiki's departure leaves a gaping hole in Marth's heart because she was like a little sister to him.

In order to rectify this, Xane became Tiki to at least try to help his good ol' pal Marth. Though he knew he wouldn't have his Tiki back, at least he had a Tiki in his life, looking after "her" with Caeda. Even after their respective passings, he lives on as Tiki to act as something of an advisor to Marth's ancestors, until he leaves that position after a falling out and becomes the Voice of Naga!Tiki.

Tiki!Xane lives onto the rise of Ylisse due to the fact that, since he's portrayed Tiki for so long, he's inherited her unusual aging pattern. And then... well, the rest occurs in-game as it would.

false; the entire point of FE2's ending is that they abandon the gods, or rather that the gods abandon them. Duma literally tells Alm that rule of Valentia is now up to humans and that the gods have cocked the place up enough. worship of them still continues, but not on the same scale. at any rate, there is literally no reason why Valentia shouldn't worship Naga as well; everything she did to protect humans in Archanea applies to the Valentians just as much

that said, there's no evidence that the people of Valentia ever actively eradicated dragons. the draco zombies suggest they were there at one point, so they're not completely irrelevant, but that doesn't mean an active genocide happened like in Elibe

I ceckt this up, and your right... all though I still don't see why they would stop worshiping them since they think one of them (or their decendant) walks among them, (Celicas ending).

false: literally everything Naga did was to protect her, even if it was in an ill-advised way, not to mention there is literally no evidence that Naga ever said a so much as a hint about having Tiki killed under any circumstances. Tiki's not an idiot, and there's no way she wouldn't realise that

Here I'm lifting my eyebrows a bit, as you said, the death of Tiki is hinted at if you fail to collect all star shards, but would Naga really sacrafice the world for Tiki? yes Naga was protecting Tiki but this comes from Gotoh who tells Marth Tiki probably hates them for the method they used.

bear in mind how little we know of anything that happened between Marth's and FE13's events. for all we know they did indeed live together for a while following Marth's death, but probably parted ways at some point or another as people tend to do (it has been a really fucking long time). that said, Bantu is still somehow alive during FE13's events, according to Nowi

And this is something I have said in several topics, this game needs more exposition to explain said evets, because it sitll doesen't make sense to me why Bantu and Tiki wouldn't look for each other after all they been through.

...or I'm just rambling about things that are explained or false in the game...

I'll go back to my corner now.

Edited by that one person

Bantu is still alive [according to one of Nowi's shinies] but face it, the dude's an old coot at this point. He was old in FE1(11)/3(12) and he's not getting any younger. Dude's old!

I'd say the real reason Bantu isn't playable is because he gave up his dragonstone at the end of FE3.

I would say that the better question is what happened to Xane and Gotoh.

Edited by Kevin Sorbo

...I see... I saw that you don't like Awakening Tiki in your signature and was going to ask why, but then I saw this topic. So it's that her presence in Awakening doesn't make any sense... ...yeah, I can understand that.

Personally, I like her for her character as much as I did in the previous games. I never really thought about stuff like that, but yeah, now that you mention it, it is kinda weird. .__.

I'll definitely agree that the lack of overarching lore explanation in Awakening is pretty criminal.

As much as I love the silly locker-room supports, I'd much rather have some sort of secret lore hidden here and there throughout the game.

Y'know, if Bantu's still alive (Albeit without his dragonstone based off of his FE3/FE12 ending), where the fuck is Gotoh? You'd think he'd step in considering all of the shit Medeus did. And Grima's doing what Medeus did on steroids.

Then again, I always gathered he had more of a beef with Gharnef than Medeus, but still.

...I see... I saw that you don't like Awakening Tiki in your signature and was going to ask why, but then I saw this topic. So it's that her presence in Awakening doesn't make any sense... ...yeah, I can understand that.

Personally, I like her for her character as much as I did in the previous games. I never really thought about stuff like that, but yeah, now that you mention it, it is kinda weird. .__.

I'll definitely agree that the lack of overarching lore explanation in Awakening is pretty criminal.

As much as I love the silly locker-room supports, I'd much rather have some sort of secret lore hidden here and there throughout the game.

The lack of lore and just... explenation buggs me, it's just that shes just there... in Valm... serving a person it's hinted at she hates... alone... which is mentioned that she hates.

I could be very easily just called character development, but the way it's brought forth and just "accept it", buggs me.

If you like Awakening, fine, I just happen to not so there is probably some things that outweigh the other things, and really, it's just a matter of opinion.

Oh believe me, I have no delusions about the problems in Awakening. All I was saying is that I like how she's characterized (not in reference to the fact that she is there, which I admit is a problem in its own right and certainly deserves to be questioned).

But barring continuity problems, I was mainly just talking about her behavior, her personality, and her interactions with other people. This is a great example IMO.

There are plenty of characters in FE who wear disguises, and even ones who disguise themselves as other characters from the series (Lucina, Xane, whatever the Navarre/Shannon imposters were called).

FE is secretly KH in disguise...

Tiki is actually Xane.

I would agree with that if it only weren't for this sentence.

I

I

V

I would agree with that if it only weren't for this sentence.

I

I

V

Except Morgan is not born. Morgan from the future is also Xane.

And wo's to say that Xane transformed into a woman can't get pregnant and give birth?

Yeah, ok, I'll be leaving now.

FE13 (Or every thing ever, for that matter) is just one giant LARP fest that Xane's been playing solo.

Xane-anort.

I can believe it.

Everyone is Xane.

Xane is Everyone.

Even you.

Edited by shadowofchaos