1. 1. Ideal hubby for Fem Avatar?

• Chrom
    • Lon'qu
    • Gaius
    • Other (Gen 1) - please state
    • Owain
    • Gerome
    • Other (Gen 2) - please state
    • Spotpass Characters (Gangrel, Yen'fay, Walhart, Priam)

I have been playing with a Male MU the whole time and just now I want to try out the Female one. Aside from the Galeforce, Dread Fighter/Bride, is there any noticeable difference between the two versions?

Another thing is that the male MU sort of have several ideal wives (being Lucina, Aversa or Nowi in my last playthrough) who generally give Morgan a huge boost. But what about the female MU? From whom Morgan benefits the most? I haven't seen much discussion about it.

I usually go +Spd -Res for Asset and Flaw, but I haven't created my character yet, so it can be changed. The same with 2nd Gen character, as I have yet to pair the couples. Although I do tend to make her a magic/or hybrid.

And I have DLCs.

Please share your thoughts! Much thank!

MaMU doesnt count =D

Edited by Roselita

Male Avatar Master Race.

Why? Cuz two uber children is better than one uber child. Two uber children is better than one Ultra child. The only way to get two uber kids with FeAvatar is marrying Chrom. I dont like marrying Second Gen. Thats just not...thats no. But if you are playing FeAvatar and dont wanna marry Chrom, i guess you could marry a Second Gen character to spawn an Ultra Morgs. /shrug

Avatar-F goes well with pretty much any 2nd gen. She should avoid marrying Gen 1 because then you get a 2nd gen pairing imbalance without even extra skills on someone to show for it. She especially doesn't go well with Chrom because then Morgan can't marry Lucina.

Why? Cuz two uber children is better than one uber child.

It's not two children vs one child (1st gen's favor), it's 7 couples vs 6 couples (2nd gen's favor). Would you really sacrifice a whole entire pair just to get a few extra skills on someone that they can be perfectly fine without?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Ideal hubby for FeMU:

Other Gen 1: MaMU

Lol 'kay. MaMU excluded. xD

Avatar-F goes well with pretty much any 2nd gen. She should avoid marrying Gen 1 because then you get a 2nd gen pairing imbalance without even extra skills on someone to show for it.

Sorry, could you please explain extra skills to show? :<

Edited by Roselita

If Male Avatar marries Gen 1, he gets two children, one of which is upgraded from their normal class set to having all gender-specific skills. If Female Avatar marries Gen 1 (excluding Chrom), there's no Morgan sibling to receive Avatar's skill pool.

Avatar-F goes well with pretty much any 2nd gen. She should avoid marrying Gen 1 because then you get a 2nd gen pairing imbalance without even extra skills on someone to show for it. She especially doesn't go well with Chrom because then Morgan can't marry Lucina.

It's not two children vs one child (1st gen's favor), it's 7 couples vs 6 couples (2nd gen's favor). Would you really sacrifice a whole entire pair just to get a few extra skills on someone that they can be perfectly fine without?

:rolleyes: Thats assuming everyone uses the children exclusively and that i actually give a shit about 7 pairings when a sibling pair can work as well.

Any time someone uses words like ideal and best, I assume minmax. If you merely want something that works, just pair for aesthetics, but that wasn't the impression I got from the OP.

:rolleyes: Thats assuming everyone uses the children exclusively and that i actually give a shit about 7 pairings when a sibling pair can work as well.

Even if you're not using all 7, a Gen 1 Pair @S > Gen 2 @A

Gen 2 + MU can run the same arrangements as Gen 1 + MU, but Gen 2 will always have the stronger Morgan, so there is never a tactile yield for anything besides streetpass gags going Gen 1 over Gen 2.

As far as the topic goes:

Gerome for Phyiscal

Owain for Magical. [Laurent is argued at times, but you kind of gimp him to run the ideal Laurent!Morgan; Owain is a non-gimped, high-result choice]

Yarne for massive SPD/SKL stacking.

Inigo if you want RFK for some reason [streetpass?].

Any time someone uses words like ideal and best, I assume minmax. If you merely want something that works, just pair for aesthetics, but that wasn't the impression I got from the OP.

I would think that part of this depends on what the person is minmaxing for. Like, the reasons you brought up are obviously quite weighty from a post-game file perspective, but for someone who's trying to minmax a quick and efficient no-grind Lunatic+ story run, Chrom is suddenly one of the best candidates because of the way the stars align. It's an early S support for two character who have a chance to build themselves up right from Prologue and results in Lucina running around toting Veteran (and hopefully Morgan with Galeforce). Morgan and Lucina as a pair are still very formidable with just an A support and dual Veteran allows them to stay paired and not starve the other out, especially if Morgan has Galeforce. The two become monstrously strong very quickly and there's not much that can stand against them.

I guess TLDR: What type of file is going on here?

If you're going for an optimization run, then 2nd gen is definitely best because of the 7 pairings thing.

Otherwise, marry whoever you want, it doesn't really matter :0 I guess it would depend on what kind of kid you're trying to get.

I run Lunatic+ difficulty. Sorry for not being specific. Also, I don't really need otp or spawning perfect matches/children. So long as it doesn't hurt my hair-pulling playthrough so badly, I'll live. Sure, I want a strong team (who wouldn't!?), hyper team is welcome as always but not desperately =D I mentioned that I have dlc but only once or twice (if I have multiple characters that need to be pampered) per chapter.

Edited by Roselita

It depends completely on what your MU's +/- is. Based off of that, marry a Gen 2 according to your stats.

Another thing is that the male MU sort of have several ideal wives (being Lucina, Aversa or Nowi in my last playthrough) who generally give Morgan a huge boost.

Actually, MaMU only has one "ideal" wife: Lucina. She passes Aether to Morgan, 3rd gen stats, and has DS+.

3rd gen stats matter less than the lack of a pairing imbalance that Nowi/Aversa cause. They're nice, but if it was just them on the line 2nd gen vs 3rd gen would be a lot more debatable.

• 4 months later...

I really don't know how good Morgan (M) is.Im gonna try out chrom x MU,but chrom can't pass down Aether,but rightful king instead.I guess it's pretty good,but still Morgan (F) is better.I did MU x Lucina,and it was amazing.Her magic and strength is about the same stat and If I use either one I'm gonna always either crit,Aether,or ignis.Morgan (F) can get galeforce on her own,and then Morgan (M) has a problem and can only get it from the mother.If you do Chrom x MU,it helps Lucina more cuz of ignis,and the amount of classes.