Who are your mains? (all games)

BANRYU

Yeah I dunno, I thought this would be kind of a fun topic, if not particularly extensive.

Share your mains from each SSB game and why you like to use them, I suppose!

Regarding Smash 3U, let's just pick the characters you WANT to main based on the currently-released cast. Some characters like Ness and Captain Falcon and such are givens, but for the sake of discussion, let's assume nothing for now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Personally I have way too many prospective mains for SSB4, even without Meta Knight and the miniscule prospect of Ridley. x__X

Primary mains: Charizard

Secondary mains: Greninja, Kirby, Megaman

Tertiary mains: Yoshi, Bowser, Marth, Lucario, Sheik, one or both versions of Samus / Link

I have some pretty clear franchise favoritism lol. Never been good with Marth, but now that I have a better understanding of his character I might be interested in getting better at using him.

For the other games: (main mains are underlined)

SSB mains: Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Jigglypuff

SSBM mains: Mewtwo, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Sheik

SSBB mains: Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Kirby, Ike, Samus

Dunno why but for some reason I got sick of playing Pikachu when Brawl came out. I've always liked playing Kirby, though how terrible he was in Melee made it pretty hard in that game; and since I'm a pretty big Kirby/MK fan I pretty much called Meta Knight to be my main as soon as I saw him in the Brawl trailer (IT WAS BEFORE WE DISCOVERED HE WAS BROKEN, OKAY Q~Q). And then of course Charizard happened and I enjoyed playing as both other Pokemon as well. Most of the others are pretty much out of franchise respect (in Samus/Ike's case) or because the characters are just fun to play (Jigglypuff/Sheik/Ike again).

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSBB: Lucario and Ness and Ike

SSB/M: Anyone, I don't play too often anymore, so I can't really main anyways.

SSB4: Probably Charizard and Villager.

Edited by Blyvern

64: Yoshi, Pikachu, Ness, Link

Melee: Yoshi, Falco, Roy, Link, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch

Brawl: Yoshi, Falco, Ike, Link, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch

Smash4(so far): Yoshi, Link, (maybe)Little Mac

As for why, it's because I like them. I'd list Captain Falcon as one of my mains, because I love F-Zero, but I feel that he's waaay too fast for me so I can't really play well as him.

My mains hardly changed, I'm boring

Edited by EmeraldFox

Oh, easy answer for me. :)

I never played Smash 64, so that one's out.

Melee: Luigi, Link

Brawl: Luigi, Ike, Toon Link, Marth (latter two are secondaries)

Wii U/3DS: Luigi, Ike (he's just gotta stay), Toon Link, Rosalina, Marth (latter three are secondaries. My only two mains will always be Ike and Luigi <3)

SSB: Luigi, Jigglypuff

SSBM: Luigi, Jigglpuff, Peach, Ice Climbers

SSSB: Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Peach, Zelda, Toon Link, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Falco, Marth

SSB4: Everyone above except Pokemon Trainer and maybe Falco. I have faith the Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff will return.

I'm a little curious as to what you'll do if Ike ISN'T in Smash 4, Ana .3.

(like aside from rage and believe me I've been there I was expecting Ridley so hardcore for Brawl)

I hope you're preparing for that possibility at least so you're not let down TOO hard if he's not in...

EDIT: v *shrug*

Edited by BANRYU

I may not even get the game if Ike's not in. As I said awhile back, not much about SSB4 has interested me as it is. I know it's silly, but I'll probably be too down to get the game, at least for a time.

I may not even get the game if Ike's not in. As I said awhile back, not much about SSB4 has interested me as it is. I know it's silly, but I'll probably be too down to get the game, at least for a time.

It's kinda silly to not get a game just for a character not being in, though.

SB64: Pikachu

SBM: Pikachu/Pichu/Mewtwo/Roy/Marth/ Occasional Zelda

SBB: Lucas/Marth/Toon Link/Zelda/Ice Climbers

And planned for smash 4: Marth/MEGAMAN/Pikachu/Toon Link/Zelda

Lucas plz come back ;~;

I play as everyone, but I suppose the ones below are the ones I consistently play as. I put them in the order based on my preference

SSB: Pikachu

SSBM: Ice Climbers, Pikachu, , Marth, Peach

SSBB: Pikachu, Marth, Zero Suit Samus, Peach, Ice Climbers, R.O.B.

As for SSB4, i'm only doing the newcomers in the order that I want to try them out

SSB4: Little Mac, Megaman, Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Villager

64: Link, Samus, and Fox

Melee: Link, Samus, Fox, Roy, and Bowser

Brawl: Link, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Marth, Bowser

Wii U/3DS: I'll probably stick with all my mains of the past games, I'd also like to try and main Little Mac, Rosalina, and Greninja.

Melee: When I get it, Pichu, and maybe or marth or sheik as a marth slayer

Project M: Pikachu, Marth, Meta Knight (i don't really play him, but i'm good with him). I'll probably pick up fox because he feels satisfying to me.

Brawl: Falco, Marth. Might pick up fox sometime.

SSB4: Marth, Pikachu

Edited by Comet

64: Mario/Fox/Kirby

Melee: Dr. Mario/Roy/Kirby

Brawl: Mario/Snake/Kirby

3DS/Wii U: Thinking Little Mac/Villager/whatever hasn't been announced yet and those previously stated above if they're in it. Generally I'm good with everyone except the heavy characters and Jiggilypuff.

Sorry? I guess I misunderstood you. just trying to offer my thoughts, but I keep forgetting they'e not really wanted

Probably. But I never said I didn't appreciate your thoughts. I guess I could've gotten that across better though, my apologies.

Well i haven't played 64, i was pretty good with pikachu in melee, and in brawl my mains are marth, toon link, fox and zero suit samus :) (i'm really looking forward to rosalina in ssb4)

EDIT: oh i forgot to mention ike, i consider him as a secondary main, idk i'm pretty good with him, MK and with lucas too :3 (i'm working on link too amd man, i want to main lucario, i really like him)and Ness, i use him like i use lucas so i consider him a secondary main too x)

Edited by SoulSilver

64: Kirby

Melee: Doc, Young Link, Marth

Brawl: Toon Link

P:M : Mario, Toon Link, Marth, Ivysaur

Wii U/3DS: (so far): DA BLUE BOMBER, THE WHOPPER Little Mac, Toon Link, Marth