Things in Awakening that you wished were expanded upon more.

IceBrand

The entirety of Valm, mainly. Despite the entire arc taking up 9 chapters, we barely know anything about it. I remember someone on the boards once mentioning a midquel game that took place during the Valm arc, where Say'ri would be the main lord, and I liked the idea, so I would love it if IS went that route.

A lot.

The villains, the heroes (mainly Chrom, lucina and the avatar)

the history

the countries

the beliefs of the world

I pretty much agree with RJW with this:

The name should pretty much be changed too Wasted Potential: The Game.

Also some things that are supposed to tie the games togeather like what happened to the fire emblem (beeing supposedly destroyed) and why the earth dragons haven't been freed.

How the blade of the falchion has been reforged (since it's supposed to be indestructble).

And a certain character in the game thats also in my sig.

If you wanna now why read the topic on the rant I made:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47257

Future Past/Future of Despair, Chrom's father, Valm, Virion's escape (dude is already a very interesting character), Walhart, Validar, Grima, etc.

The game is literally crawling with so much content that would've made it a highly amazing tale.

Cut down the cast to basically the Act 1 (Plegia arc) and second generation characters, and expand on them and their back stories more while spreading out their recruitment times. I want to know more about Vaike's childhood, more about Ricken's family, more about Lissa's insecurities about being a princess. I want to know about Frederick's service, I want to know what the hell Stahl even is, because he seems like such a good, real, character. I want to know what it was like for Sully to grow up in a noble family, with her life basically handed to her, and why she rejected that lifestyle and strove to earn it for herself. I want to know what really happened to the Taguels and how they were hunted to extinction. I want to know about the people of Roxanne, and how they felt when their gallant leader, Virion, laid down his arms and fled. I want to know why Laurent resents his father so much, more than was explained in his supports. I want to know why Panne can't teach Yarne to ride wyvern, but daddy can teach Yarne to ride wyvern. I want to know what happened to the Shepherds in the alternate timeline. Did they hold out for long? How did they fare, watching their comrades fall and knowing that their fight was, ultimately, hopeless, but knowing they had to keep fighting because after the battles were over and the day done they'd get to see their child, one of the few good things they had left in the world, one more time? And what about when Gaius was killed, and Sumia would have to explain to little Cynthia that she wouldn't be able to see her daddy for a while, still in disbelief herself? That's what I want to know about. Frankly, I don't care about Chon'sin, or Valm, but I'm pretty sure I would have if the game had made me. Maybe if the game was split into just the Plegia arc with a full 20+ chapers, then make a sequel out of the Valm and Grima arcs, with roughly the same length, the game would have been better in the narrative department. Let you import your data from the first game into the second game, Mass Effect or FE10 style. But I really feel like the game's storytelling could have kicked ass if it had more time to really, well, tell a story, instead of just throw plot point after plot point at your face and hope you can hang on.

Okay... speech over. :P

Everything. Sign me up for that everything as well.

How the blade of the falchion has been reforged (since it's supposed to be indestructble).

Falchion was never reforged. A new hilt and pommel were given to it, but Lucina makes it clear the blade itself is timeless. As for the Fire Emblem, I don't remember hearing anything about that one.

Edited by TheFreshestSlice

Uh, everything?

The name should pretty much be changed to Wasted Potential: The Game.

It's quite harsh, but I basically agree with this.

When I read the story on Awakening's website and saw all the advertising and media publicity it was getting compared to previous FEs, I was super excited for it. I was expecting like, something on the scale of a medieval version of Mass Effect, which it absolutely could have been with more time. More background lore and more chapters to set up the story are chiefly the biggest things that could be added to Awakening to make it a much better and more fulfilling game.

More women that can marry might also have been nice (since there will always be one or more single eligible-to-marry dudes no matter what you do).

Edited by BANRYU

Everything. Sing me up for that everything as well.

Falchion was never reforged. A new hilt and pommel were given to it, but Lucina makes it clear the blade itself is timeless. As for the Fire Emblem, I don't remember hearing anything about that one.

then what is the hole in the blade?

they could have made it a bit ,more consistant with the other two designs, really compare the designs and tell me how the hole in the blade came to be if it wasn't reforged?

FE 3 http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100919035335/fireemblem/images/4/4a/Falchion_%28TCG%29.jpg

FE 12 http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110517201418/fireemblem/images/8/82/NewMysteryEvt_04.png

FE 13 http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140219101352/fireemblem/images/a/a4/Falchion_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

The new Falchion is ugly. It doesn't even have a proper crossguard.

And it's also impractical in combat, since the guard makes it imposible to slide down the blade and cut your fingers off (and getting to your hands overall) the awakening falchion really has nothing stopping this, it's rounded and there is really nothing to stopping a falling blade.

Falchion wasn't the only legendary weapon to get a redesign (especially Tyrfing and Armads) so I'd chalk it up to artstyle choice and throwing in an excuse at the last minute. At least the game says something about it, even if it doesn't make sense it's better than a whole lot of nothing.

A weapon's beauty is in its effectiveness and ability to do its job.

Though to be fair I don't really care whether it's practical or not in video games, where weapons are basically designed for flash over function (since the look of the weapon basically has nothing to do with its effectiveness in the game except that the cooler-looking / more impractical-looking ones are usually better).

I do kind of wish Armads looked the way it did in FE 6/7, though... the weird skeleton scythe-axe design was pretty strange.

It IS rather odd that certain legendary weapons that already had quite a distinct look got redesigned.

But by and far I'd say it's in the same category as characters' tiny feet as far as being a very low-priority thing to change over everything else in Awakening.

Edited by BANRYU

VIRION. That is all. He has an entire subplot to work with and yet its completely abandoned. Why must they invade Valm and work solely with Say'ri? WHY ARE WE NOT FIGHTING FOR ROSANNE AS WELL?

D:<

Yeah. Walhart could use some more backstory too.

then what is the hole in the blade?

they could have made it a bit ,more consistant with the other two designs, really compare the designs and tell me how the hole in the blade came to be if it wasn't reforged?

FE 3 http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100919035335/fireemblem/images/4/4a/Falchion_%28TCG%29.jpg

FE 12 http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110517201418/fireemblem/images/8/82/NewMysteryEvt_04.png

FE 13 http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140219101352/fireemblem/images/a/a4/Falchion_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

That hole comes from the hilt, notice the jewel's missing, not the blade itself. Besides, in game designs are hardly higher tier than in game dialogue.

The blade clearly isn't the same. The part near what is supposed to be the crossguard is quite different in a way that it has to be reforged in some way.

When someone says it isn't ingame, I'm going to take that over the opinions of what the sword should look like if nothing happened.

Falchion wasn't the only legendary weapon to get a redesign (especially Tyrfing and Armads) so I'd chalk it up to artstyle choice and throwing in an excuse at the last minute. At least the game says something about it, even if it doesn't make sense it's better than a whole lot of nothing.

Let's start by saying those ugly redesigns didn't make the weapon look any better.

I'm guessing they changed Tyrfings design to resemble the current Falchion (because let's face it, the old Tyrfing was identical to old Falchion), but that doesn't make it look any better.

I wish the characters would have played a role in the story more. It shouldn't revolve around Chrom/MU/Lissa/Fred/Lucina all the time. Kinda like how characters like Matthew (FE7) Joshua (FE8) and many other characters in the Tellius games all played roles one way or another.

The land has little backstory. We literally have no idea where Virion lives location wise, and there's little to no story about Ylisse, Ferox, Plegia, Valm, and Chron'sin, among others.

Less detours from the plot. I shouldn't be saving some random village right after Emmeryn fell. More direction.

I wish the children characters were handled differently. Adding time travel was ridiculous.

Good god, hire better artists for your DLC Ike, Micaiah,Elincia and Celica.

Speaking of DLC, why isn't Sigurd, Hector or Eliwood added??

There's my 2 cents

Edited by Duke of Dozel