Fire Emblem: Haxiant Dawn

Haiyukin

In FE10, remove Formshift from the Laguz royals and give them the cat transformation gauges.

FE10 could have totally done something similar to this in part 4. The story would just have to mention something like the strong presence of order makes it more difficult to maintain animal form or whatever.

Well it's possible we can do without new 3D models if we are happy with re-palettes, new sprites and new abilities and gameplay. Or indeed we could do a sequel where characters change class, like Aran decides to buy a horse and becomes a Lance Knight, or the Crimean Knights are indoors and not mounted.

"Making Laguz Royals less broken" is something I'd want to look at. Or indeed not available at all.

Alternatively, how would people feel about just having a randomizer? :D

It probably won't be an issue if you can edit all unit types to be able to move through sky/cloud terrain.

Actually, screw the randomizer. Just make the entire cast be cats and call it Fire Meowblem.

Well it's possible we can do without new 3D models if we are happy with re-palettes, new sprites and new abilities and gameplay. Or indeed we could do a sequel where characters change class, like Aran decides to buy a horse and becomes a Lance Knight, or the Crimean Knights are indoors and not mounted.

"Making Laguz Royals less broken" is something I'd want to look at. Or indeed not available at all.

Alternatively, how would people feel about just having a randomizer? :D

I'm always down for a randomizer patch.

More on topic, there are some Chinese fans who've made some small patchs for FE9 and FE10. I believe a basic item editor is available on the FEChina forums. Dunno if it actually edits data or simply views it.

I'm realizing I really don't know how to hack properly at all... How do you decide the default items people have? For example Edward always gets an Iron Sword at the start of the game, yet the value for said sword is nowhere to be found in memory. It's not even in the part that specifies the skills and base stats each character arrives with, which means it must be hardcoded somewhere, but how do we go about accessing that value?

An item editor (or at least a way of designing items you want) would be pretty easy, just making creating AR codes pretty with a GUI :-P I could probably do that in Python.

Edited by Haiyukin

I'm realizing I really don't know how to hack properly at all... How do you decide the default items people have? For example Edward always gets an Iron Sword at the start of the game, yet the value for said sword is nowhere to be found in memory. It's not even in the part that specifies the skills and base stats each character arrives with, which means it must be hardcoded somewhere, but how do we go about accessing that value?

If the item doesn't show up in the character's default data, then the item is probably added in during an event when the character is loaded in. I haven't played FE10 in some time, but doesn't Edward spawn on the map and then fights an enemy, before you control him?

Nope, Edward is one of the first two characters you get, and he spawns under your control AFAIK - there is a brief scene where you see him and Micaiah in-game without any control but they don't do anything; he already has his weapon at that point.

CT075: Looks like what I was talking about, although what does it output?

nothing

it directly edits the game

EDIT

how do you even gui in python; i guess there's tkinkter but that sucks and all the other ones suck worse

EDIT2

nightmare edits ROM only; it physically changes the file that you run

Edited by CT075

Fair enough :D Trying it out now...

Eh. It's not amazing for FE10, it's just editing base stats and growths for different classes, it doesn't have the current values either, it's all zeroed :( Which would make using it kinda a pain. I am very confused by the module - it has a Class editor and a Growths editor, which appears to be done by Character - are there two different growth values?

How do I Nightmare :(