Can someone show me a good FE fic that isn't fluff or dead?

Logience

If you mean fluff as in shipping and such, then the only one of my fics that doesn't have a trace of that is The Legend of the Emerald King, a oneshot. Otherwise, I'm afraid I have no suggestions since pretty much all of what I read has some form of romance. xP

Well, if you want a serious answer to the topic title then I recommend Queen of Sorrow. It's a fic about Elincia if Lucia had not been save by the Greil Mercenaries. There's pretty much no fluff and more about tragedy. Though I wouldn't say it's enjoyable in a traditional sense but more of how it is written and the concept.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5465572/1/Queen-of-Sorrow

ThraciaUV is dead. Why you don't continue that?! That was awesome!

it's not dead

at any time I may post the next chapter, which has been finished for about 6 months now

I took a two-year hiatus midway through FESSUV before I returned and finished it, so keep that in mind

Lecture first, rec second.

Lecture: Chances are, if you want one really specific fic that caters to your specific favorite characters/pairings/themes and is exactly as long as you want and is seen through to the finish, you'll probably have to do it yourself. All writers write about their specific favorite characters/pairings/themes and they have their own sensibilities about appropriate length and their own priorities in terms of what gets finished. It's fairly unlikely in a fandom of this size for someone else to happen to want to write the exact fic you want.

Recommendation: While not exactly what you've been asking for, the "dark" tactician story that Cymbalina mentions might be to your liking. It's technically a one-shot, but at over 6000 words it'll keep you busy for a bit. It takes a bunch of tactician fic cliches and mixes them around in a weird way.

FWIW I think a lot of what "good" fic means has to do with taste. That dark tactician fic author's other work involves a lot of feminist stuff and questions about relationships and probably isn't what you want, but that one fic is more about secrets and superpowers and seems to appeal to a lot of people (and has absolutely nothing to do with feminism).

EDIT: Although this one's entire point is basically "people die if they are killed" so idk maybe it's relevant to your interests. I think it's dull.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6307788/1/No-One-Owns-the-Rain

Edited by Amielleon

I would recommend Shimizu Hitomi's 1-shots, most of which center on FE6/FE7. Most of them have romance in some way, but I wouldn't call any fluffy (most are angsty if anything). They're not full-length fics but eh, definitely worth a read. My favourite ones are A Thousand Snows, Through the Glass Darkly, Little Lark, and Nightingale. There was another one-shot that featured DARK MICAIAH called Pawn King, which I enjoyed as well (by a different author though).

As for full-length ones, to be honest the only completed full length ones I ever remember reading are Queen of Sorrow and this Valter/OC/Ephraim one. It's not quite as bad as it sounds, although it does have a lot of issues. Can't remember its name but it shouldn't be too difficult to find. It's romance-centric but not too fluffy. There's also this one that focuses on Canas and his wife. I don't think I ever finished it because it had no plot, but the writing wasn't bad (insomuch as you can separate the writing from the plot).

There was a novella (like 7 chapters I think) focusing on Sain and Kent. Sain gets injured on a scouting mission and Kent has to bring him back. It sounds like a perfect setup for Kent x Sain but it actually isn't. Nothing amazing but decent.

These are all on fanfiction.net.

I'm writing a fic centered around Sain and Kent. More so the former. There is one lovey-dovey scene between Sain and Fiora and Sain tries to get Kent to ask Florina out, but it isn't too fluffy besides.

Just saying, I know the OP doesn't like self-promotion.