NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

A win is still a win.

Anyway, even if we miss the playoffs again, I'm just glad we got to see SOME awesome stuff out of these guys. Week 7 was omg whoa, weeks 8 and 9 were just holy crap WOW, and I got to see my Steelers give the Ravens a good smacking rather than get swept by them. And NFL.com's "Who is the midseason MVP?" video conducted a poll for that question and it ended in a tie, the winners being DeMarco Murray and Big Ben. Ben got the love he'd been waiting for!

Tomlin and the entire coaching staff just need to take one big ass look at this and just make this god damn team keep playing great like that whether their opponent is bad or good. -_-

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trivializing the win so much as emphasizing that you guys are playing some pretty bad teams close on the road

EDIT: and once at home

EDIT 2: people's views on this article? primetime football has been a trainwreck this year

It was so bad tonight that this happened

zNq02B3.jpg

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, and that's what's bullshit about the season so far. With how the team played against the fricken Colts and Ravens in weeks 8 and 9, they could've won every single game this season given that two of the losses they've had so far were against teams they also beat (the Ravens and Browns) and the other two were against teams they had no business losing against.

Seriously, just fix that god damn consistency and get those injured defense guys back...

Palmer has officially torn his ACL.

Here's some good reading material about Palmer - this was after TNF against the Seahawks where the Cardinals got crushed. The idea is that Palmer looked really dejected and just lost during his career.

Later in the year, he told the media that the playbook "clicked." But last night - he apparently cried like a baby when he found out his season was possibly over. The sad part is, he hasn't done so since Chris Henry died, and I believe his death was the start of things collapsing around him in Cincinnati. Man, even if he does make millions playing a sport (though a _ton_ more preparation goes into this sport than we all think) you can't help but feel sorry for some of these guys. Especially someone who flashed so much potential and had an especially powerful pair of seasons before his mechanics/arm gave out on him... then had to deal with the shitstorm that is a desperate front office in Oakland. This is probably the most promise he's had in a season in his career and he has to watch it from the sidelines for the second time this season.

I want my team to win the Super Bowl, but the Cardinals need to keep trucking. They're moving forward with a head full of steam, let's hope they can keep it up. Stanton's shown big play potential, it's just a matter of keeping it up.

Man, that just sucks. :( Now I feel bad for making fun of him in that one game against the Bengals where Polamalu trashed the guy by picking him off twice as well as sacking him. I'd no idea he'd gone through a bunch of BS. Man...

Also, more bad news for the Steelers. All the injured defenders are STILL out this week. -_- This is just major suckage because Polamalu is our best safety, Ike Taylor is probably our best CB, and Ryan Shazier and Jarvis Jones are our best LBs not named James Harrison. God damn it... *headdesk sob*

I'm glad we're against Tennessee though, because Dick LeBeau is always good against rookie QBs, which Zach Mettenberger is. So the D should hold up well enough here, even if the offense shits itself a couple times. Also, Monday night football seems to be a lucky charm for us. We haven't lost a Monday game in years.

Lions fan checking in. I know there are several on here.we're looking like a legitimate playoff team this season with the new coaching staff stabilizing one of the most volatile teams in the league last year. If we can beat arizona this weekend and win out at home we should be able to take the nfc north (gasp)

This was by far my favorite play of the game last weekendhttp://thebiglead.com/2014/11/09/joique-bell-trucked-cortland-finnegan/

Lions fan checking in. I know there are several on here.we're looking like a legitimate playoff team this season with the new coaching staff stabilizing one of the most volatile teams in the league last year. If we can beat arizona this weekend and win out at home we should be able to take the nfc north (gasp)

This was by far my favorite play of the game last weekendhttp://thebiglead.com/2014/11/09/joique-bell-trucked-cortland-finnegan/

I like the Lions I really do I hope the best for your team and mine in the next match up :)

I mean I am a Cards fan but I enjoy both teams a lot so I'm looking forward to seeing the match up.. despite us tragically losing Palmer.

It's Raider week :D

Fuck the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos.

Good news for me:

Ryan Mathews returns

Manti Te'o practicing

Melvin Ingram practicing

Chargers get new OL person.

Finally have considerable QB pressure, and a usable run game. Also our O-line might not be fucked after all.

We just need to finish 11-5 or 10-6 and win against the remaining AFC West teams to sneak for Wild Card.

Unless of course Manning or most of his weapons get injured, then we can steal the AFC West in which I can't forsee that.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

people seem to really love it when Cortland Finnegan gets mauled lol

yeah, I didn't even like Finnegan when he played for the Titans lol, he is unnecessary roughness made flesh.

so I've returned from the future with some week 11 picks
Buffalo @ Miami - Upset! The Bills outplayed KC in defeat. Their D should do what Detroit's did last week, especially w/ Branden Albert injured.

Minnesota @ Chicago - The Bears aren't as bad as they've looked just the past 2 weeks (no team is), but Bridgewater has looked good against defenses that struggle to rush the passer.

Houston @ Cleveland - I'm getting a strong "J.J. Watt will win it single-handedly" vibe from this, especially since Ryan Fitzpatrick won't ruin it.

Seattle @ Kansas City - I just don't trust the Chiefs' simplistic offense against a good defense. First to 20 points wins.

Atlanta @ Carolina- The Panthers don't have the secretary secondary to match up to good WR's. The Falcons might even manage a pass rush.

Cincinnati @ New Orleans - The Bengals D hasn't put together a bounce-back great performance yet, and the Saints O is looking much better.

Tampa Bay @ Washington - RG3 looked mostly good against the Vikings, and the Bucs have way too many replacement-level parts.

Denver @ St.Louis - Peyton's quick passing should neutralize the Rams' blitzes, and blitzes are pretty much all they do well right now, sadly.

San Francisco @ New York Giants - Very tempted to pick the upset, but Kaepernick should win this one with his legs.

Oakland @ San Diego - David Carr's quick passing should neutralize the Raiders' offense, and Rivers will have a bounce-back game.

Detroit @ Arizona - The Lions DL should make things tough on Stanton, and Megatron can exploit some of the Cards' aggressiveness, in theory.

Philadelphia @ Green Bay - Rodgers is godtier at home, and I don't trust the Eagles' running game enough yet.

New England @ Indianapolis - The Pats are 3-11 on the road against winning teams since 2009, fwiw. Indy has many quality receivers.

Pittsburgh @ Tennessee - In the battle of the Bergers, Mettenberger is this and Roethlisberger is this.

I won't judge you for thinking the Titans will beat the Steelers.

Also, given that Mettenberger put up like 140 yards against us (and our new and possibly very improved secondary) and he didn't actually look completely like shit, I see it as a possibility but not a likelihood. Don't forget that the Steelers D is actually really bad.

EDIT: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-week-11-playoff-implications-what-the-afc-north-and-denmark-have-in-common/

Looks like I'm rooting for New Orleans, Houston, Seattle, Tennessee, Buffalo, and Oakland. To some extent, Indy and St. Louis.

Edited by Lord Raven

Mettenberger is also a rookie, like I said before, and Dick LeBeau is like a whopping 16-1 against rookie QBs.

And considering that this "really bad D" held your Ravens to just a TD and a FG for almost the whole game without much help from the hurt guys (Harrison was the big factor instead), I know he can make SOMETHING work.

Ranked #20 in points per game and yards per game... #23 in yards per play

I'm not saying the Titans would beat the Steelers, but given sports superstitions about Steelers and awful teams this season on top of it being an away game, I wouldn't be too confident about predicting this game. If their front 7 got pressure on Flacco they'll unleash the heat against Ben too. Probably some of the better corners they'll be up against on offense too...

Yeah, I'm not saying there's no chance that the Steelers will lose either, or that our D is really good. But it isn't really bad either, more like mediocre.

And while our offense did shit itself badly last week, Ben and Antonio Brown turning the ball over like that a second week in a row is just not likely.

I am kind of worried due to the losing against bad teams BS, though. Tomlin needs to get these guys' heads into the fricken game.

Philip Rivers already got equivalent run yards to the amount he ended with last year:

72 yards out of 16 games: 2.6 YPC

72 yard out of 9 games: 3 YPC

#DualThreatQB

#BetterthanKaepernick

#NeedsRushingTD

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

The Jets might have embarrassed the Steelers... But they had to pay dearly for it. Literally. Rex Ryan got a nice fat $100,000 fine for dissing the Steeler sideline, Michael Vick got a fine for unsportsmanlike conduct, and one of their LBs got fined for some BS as well. That's what you get for messing with my Steelers!

I'm so fucking tired of Rex Ryan. Dude should have been fired two years ago. Now he's trying to save his ass with meaningless wins smh. Jets arent going anywhere this year so mught as well get the highest pick possible and take mariota. I can't think of many HC's I hate more than Ryan

Same here. He's such a stupid immature ass. The article that talked about the fines he and his Jets got from the Steeler game mentioned that he'd been fined for BS like that before this as well. And I remember when the Steelers kicked the Jets' asses the last time they were in the AFC Championship game. Ryan threw a big temper tantrum about it. He literally yanked off his headset and threw it to the ground while shouting something. Probably more swear words.

Edited by Anacybele