NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So 49ers vs Chargers is now moved to Saturday Night Primetime Football. This is probably the second most winnable game to the Chiefs game. Since 49ers aren't on fire right now.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Because it's unbearable. Do you understand that I know more about the Steelers than I do about the Bills? I'm a diehard Buffalo fan but every other post is about the freaking Steelers in this (and the last two seasons) thread and it comes from one person.

If you hate my posts so much, get out of this thread and go talk about football somewhere else. No one's forcing you to post here.

dude the rams are a qb away from the playoffs and potentially a deep run at that.

The fuck you smoking, bro? With that defense and run game? This game spoke a lot more about Oakland than it did St. Louis.

I need Denver to win today and a tie tomorrow. I can't bring myself to cheer for the Jets but I need the Dolphins not to win.

The fuck you smoking, bro? With that defense and run game? This game spoke a lot more about Oakland than it did St. Louis.

I need Denver to win today and a tie tomorrow. I can't bring myself to cheer for the Jets but I need the Dolphins not to win.

where have you been. the games against the broncos and niners say a whole lot about their defense, particularly the front four, and the game against san diego says a lot about how good the team would be if they had a qb who doesn't throw the game sealing pick in the last 20 seconds.

Charger fan theory time:

Philip Rivers threw the first pick of the game to symbolically transition to December. Marking the very start of Philcember through the power of El Bolo.

Vaya con Felipe Rios!

What's wrong with the run game? Tre Mason's been pretty beastly and Cunningham is pretty powerful.

Now, those receivers are another animal entirely...

If you hate my posts so much, get out of this thread and go talk about football somewhere else. No one's forcing you to post here.

umm he isn't the only one that really dislikes how this thread is dominated with that steelers stuff Edited by Lord Raven

umm he isn't the only one that really dislikes how this thread is dominated with that steelers stuff

Well, no one else but him has complained about it. Also, I've talked about more than just the Steelers. I remember plenty of posts that hardly mentioned them or didn't even mention them at all.

Well, no one else but him has complained about it.

Uh... really? Are we reading the same thread?

Also, I've talked about more than just the Steelers. I remember plenty of posts that hardly mentioned them or didn't even mention them at all.

um...

Also Rivers is a bitch.

QZfMUdx.jpg

:( :( :( :( :(

Edited by Lord Raven

I don't mind how Ana roots for her team, that's what a fan is suppose to do, and perhaps brag about it.

I feel like she has been ok for her last couple post.

Though baseless claims and biased opinions for example: "Saints have a slim chance of winning."

But earlier post I found it a bit irksome how it was all like: "Steelers are the best! Every team is inferior to the Steelers." (baseless example sorry xD)

Then again a lot of us probably have dirt on the Steelers since quite a few Steelers fans I know are rather annoying.

Also us teams who are not a franchise favorite probably dislikes these teams because of attention and natural selection since they don't see what us smaller teams do.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

That and seeing a lot of posts that range(d) from "Steelers are amazing" to "Steelers fucking suck fire everyone" (exaggerating) is grating because it's like a first world problems thing. They've got 6 rings and tons of national accolades when they do something good, but when the Lions/Browns/Bills do something good it's all about "when is the meltdown gonna happen?" When the Ravens go through their yearly purge of their team then it's a lot of "Baltimore's bout to be bottom dwellers."

Lots of entitlement overall that a team should be making a Super Bowl and a team should be doing whatever. In reality it's a mediocre team that has basically gone downhill since 2010. 2011 they were filled to the brim with injuries towards the latter part of the season and they haven't improved enough as a whole to ascend from mediocrity. Getting all emotional over a few years of mediocrity after a decade that most teams would kill for is grating. That's what irks me.

I root for a team that could not consistently make the playoffs from 2000 to 2007 and now that we can consistently make them we're always in competition with Steelers/Colts/Patriots which makes that Super Bowl win all the more sweet - the only two non-Roethlisberger/Brady/Manning QBs from the AFC in the Super Bowl since 2001 were Joe Flacco and Rich Gannon. Even my problems are first world, but I can appreciate Flacco no matter what happens because I know what he's capable of - anywhere from this year's Colts game to this year's Buccs game. We even have a Super Bowl winning head coach. No use making a mountain out of a molehill out of a loss when the season isn't over, especially since I root for a franchise that has gotten two Super Bowl wins in my lifetime which a large number of franchises can't even say.

That's what irks us and when we go "chill the fuck out the chances the Saints beat the Steelers isn't slim." Remember when we had an argument about how Roethlisberger wasn't a Top 5 QB? And you said some stupid crap about how according to some magical research you did Cam/Ben were #4 and #5 and Luck wasn't that good? That's the level of homerism we're seeing here, and it's all shot to death when there's a loss. I don't see Randa declaring the end of Brady/Belichick after every Patriots loss, and he seems to not be super entitled despite the Pats being another team that has had a decade and a half to kill for.

Edited by Lord Raven

actually it's usually the oppostite i had to tell my bud to calm the ef down when we lost to the chiefs. and technically i declare the end of brady after one loss every year for the last sixish years. i always expect him to retire and he never does, not complaining.

But earlier post I found it a bit irksome how it was all like: "Steelers are the best! Every team is inferior to the Steelers." (baseless example sorry xD)

I don't recall saying or implying anything like this, but if I did, I certainly didn't mean to. The Steelers might have looked like the best in weeks 8 and 9, but they're certainly not the best. Despite their talented offense, their defense needs a lot of work and they also may need some new coaches.

The fans saying Arians should come back need to shut up though. Ben got hurt way too much under him, and like Lord Raven taught me some time ago, his system doesn't fit the offensive personnel that we have.

And that reminds me, Lord Raven. Despite how many times we've butted heads, you have still taught me a lot about the NFL. And you've shown me where I've been wrong. I don't want to be a fair weather fan either, whether I ever was one or not. Nor do I want to annoy anyone here. I just want to talk NFL civilly and peacefully.

actually it's usually the oppostite i had to tell my bud to calm the ef down when we lost to the chiefs. and technically i declare the end of brady after one loss every year for the last sixish years. i always expect him to retire and he never does, not complaining.

Psh you guys need to enroll in the Ravens school of slow starts.. I can't describe how many 4-3, 4-2, and whatnot starts we've had only go go above 10 wins.

Also, shout outs to this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1gUjIf79s

also something i meant to say earlier but the bengals need to step their game up. people aren't supposed to struggle with the bucs until they draft marriota in april.

if you hate being called out for factual incorrectness, poor rhetoric, and inconsistency, get out of this thread and go talk about football somewhere else. no one's forcing you to post here.

I want to be called out if I'm incorrect. I want to learn as much as I can about the NFL, obviously, since I'm a fan. Of course, proof that I'm incorrect is nice too.

The "poor rhetoric and consistency" complaints, I think I'll just ignore.

Fuck, detroit really could have used a packers loss on sunday. Fuck the scheduler putting at Foxborough and then giving gb the home game. Well we could still win out qand take the nfc north. Heres to hoping warford and fairley make it back soon. Nice to see the offense finally put up a complete game though

So did anyone watch that game...?

Geno Smith: 7/13 for 65 yards and 1 int... funny thing here is that there were like 3 drops on Jets receivers (I remember distinctly two on Decker)

Jets rushing attack: 277 yards on 49 attempts with 1 touchdown

lol it also sucks too cause nick folk was 2/4 and Caleb Sturgis was 3/4... could've been tied.

Picks for next week:

Dallas at Chicago- Should be able to run all over that defense

Tampa Bay at Detroit- Bucs won here last year, but Lions should be able to manage if they don't collapse

New York Jets at Minnesota- Vikings have taken care of weaker teams this year

St. Louis at Washington- Rams are looking pretty good, won't make the playoffs but still tough

Baltimore at Miami- Both these teams are up and down, I'll side with the home team

Carolina at New Orleans- Panthers have looked bad for a while now

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati- Bengals are pretty good outside of primetime, especially at home

New York Giants at Tennessee- Hard to pick a team to lose to the Jaguars and the Titans in consecutive weeks

Indianapolis at Cleveland- Browns have QB controversy, defense probably can't stop the Colts

Houston at Jacksonville- Texans have taken care of most of the bad teams they've played this year

Kansas City at Arizona- Both teams are struggling, but Cardinals are still undefeated at home I guess

Buffalo at Denver- Not picking against the Broncos at home

Seattle at Philadelphia- Seahawks defense looks to be back in form, but Eagles are a better offense than they've played the last 2 weeks

San Francisco at Oakland- Not picking the Raiders this year I think

New England at San Diego- Chargers pulled some heroics last game, but the Patriots are tougher

Atlanta at Green Bay- Packers at home are pretty ridiculous

New England at San Diego- Chargers pulled some heroics last game, but the Patriots are tougher

Never choose against Philip Rivers during Philcember C:

Then again...

Tom Brady: 47-7 on December (according to /r/ Chargers)

Philip Rivers 30-6 on December.

Chargers going to get hot during Philcember C:

Baltimore at Miami- Both these teams are up and down, I'll side with the home team

I have a huge issue with this. And so does this guy:

K7NDJ1R.png

Ryan Tannehill? Fuck him. He's a bitch. Intercepted once against the fucking Jets. That means he'll get intercepted like 4 times against the fucking Ravens. Plus his wife is too fucking skinny and blonde to be hot, and his last name is stupid. Tanny-hill, more like PaleAsFuck-y-hill.

Cameron Wake? He's a bitch.

Brent Grimes? A grimey bitch.

Mike Wallace? Well he's a former Steeler so you know that he sucks. A shitty organization like the fuckin' Steelers didn't even want him.

Brian Hartline? He'll become Brian Clothesline'd when he meets Will Hill.

Lamar Miller? More like Lamar Dumbass.

Joe Flacco? The opposite of a bitch. How many players do you know marry their high school sweethearts, don't throw a single interception in a playoff run, win Super Bowl MVP, get lots of bitches on the side (source), and furthermore get a corporate sponsorship by our good friends at fuckin' Haribo gummi bears?

I'll tell you who:

Joe "Joe Cool" Flacco. Right here.

OLiilHB.jpg

You can't spell "Joe Flacco is elite" without Joe Flacco, after all.

And guess what? He's got more rings than fuckin Dan Marino DESPITE our version of ray finkle fucking up a 30 yarder

LACES OUT DAN

cynthia pls

Edited by Lord Raven

Chargers are good in December, but I can't really trust their secondary against Brady. Patriots secondary has held up pretty well considering they've had Manning, Luck, Stafford, Rodgers and didn't give up more than 26 in any of those games

My mom eats Haribo gummy bears and I'm a former Baltimore resident so supporting the Ravens is tempting, but Miami's defense is actually pretty good and they're at home so I'm giving them the edge :p

Bills in Denver to keep playoff hopes alive? Oh god, this is too much to bear. First time the Bills have been relevant in December for fifteen years since Flutie Flakes.

Our schedule is a nightmare. Aside from Oakland, we need to beat Denver and NE away and GB at home. If the Bills pull this off, we're going to the Superbowl. That being said, I'll probably win the lottery first.