NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Thanks Bengals for the fourth down fumble. :awesome:

EDIT: Yeah, Ben's wrist is fine. If he could overthrow Antonio Brown even a little bit, yeah, he's fine. Because he just overthrew him...grr. But it's still 0-0. Come on, guys!

EDIT2: Okay... Maybe his wrist IS bothering him a bit. He missed an easy pass to Bell. >.> Damn it that hit to the arm last week. It's going to be the end of the season if Ben can't figure something out.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suh... I remember him. Because all I saw of him was getting ejected from games. :P

Ben, we need points! The defense has shown up and given you time, you gotta do something! Cincy still has a big fat ZERO!

Pretty sure we can cross off the Packers. Suh wouldn't go to a division rival on principal. Plus GB already has a lot of money invested in their linebackers. Doubt they'd be willing to spend $15mil+ for another defensive player

I was thinkin the same thing then I realized Julius peppers and jarred Allen both went to division rivals. So I was kinda conflicted. But i did forget Matthew's deal and I believe hawk is up for an extension next year so you're probably right.

Damn it, Mike Mitchell didn't see Polamalu pointing at AJ Green and asking for help in stopping this guy? Polamalu knew what was happening here! He didn't see the ball, but he still knew Dalton was going deep and Mike Mitchell didn't listen! Maybe he didn't see that either though, who knows.

But the offense will be back on the field, Ben needs to answer with another TD! (or field goal, but preferably TD)

EDIT: God damn it, stop letting AJ Green and Jeremy Hill run free... And next time someone intercepts the ball, no penalties please! Gay is probably pissed as hell and I wouldn't blame him. That would've been his third of the season!

EDIT2: And the defense gets smoked... By Dalton. The whole defense, pretty much. This can happen to even the best defenses though, really. I don't think anyone expected Dalton to run from that far away from the endzone. Just one of those "D'oh!" moments. But the offense has to come back... Bad.

Edited by Anacybele

Nice attempt... but wtf those redzone plays? What was Ben trying to do? Those balls were way off. Though I think on that third down there might've been some pass interference throwing Martavis Bryant off. The refs also missed a clear neutral zone infraction on the Bengals too.

These guys need to get something going again after half time. Especially since the Bengals get the ball back. The defense will have a rest, they gotta do their job this time.

But at least Miami is winning, and we need them to win too. As long as the Ravens and Browns fall behind, we can get second place in the division and still make the playoffs regardless of what the Bengals do to us.

The Browns are beating the Colts though? Really, Andrew Luck? The Browns aren't bad, but dude come on, they're not on your level!

EDIT: YEAH! We got the lead back! 17-14 Steelers! GO KILLER B'S! The Panthers are blowing out the Saints though? Where the hell did THAT come from? O_O

Come on Dolphins... Take your lead back too, please.

Edited by Anacybele

Didn't. The raiders just spend like 60 mil in free agency though.

It was a lot of one year deals that seemed to have a low amount of guaranteed money. They're the oldest team in the NFL.

Come on, Steelers! This is just a one point game now! You can do this!

But seriously, those Colts... Wtf are they doing against the Browns?

The Panthers though...just...where did they come from all of a sudden? o.o

EDIT: OMFG HUGE FUMBLE RECOVERY AND LE'VEON BELL FOR THE TD! Le'Veon Bell has just been ripping the Bengals apart today! GO BELL! GO BELL!

Edited by Anacybele

Lions making some really dumb penalties lol, still up by 10 though.

McCown getting owned by our defensive line though, he's gonna be sore as hell tomorrow.

Aaaand Mike Evans makes another ridiculous catch for a TD

Edited by Randombobman

I missed a two-point conversion by Heath Miller, dang it. xP

But it puts the Steelers up by a TD plus extra point, and now they got the ball back again, so they gotta hold on!

EDIT: OH MY GODS HOLY SHIT 94 YARD TD TO MARTAVIS BRYANT! FUCK YES FUCK YES! AJ Green's bombs? Pff!

Edited by Anacybele

Pierce basically ices the game if this TD holds - if it doesn't, pierce still iced this game.

EDIT: Down at the 1 but Flacco sneaks it. Fuck yes.

Edited by Lord Raven

ANOTHER Le'Veon Bell TD! THIS GUY ROCKS! He's a football god, I swear.

41-21 Steelers! We have GOT THIS GAME IN THE BAG! We just need to do the same when the Bengals visit us in the ol' Steel City!

But still... I don't get why this can't happen against the bad teams. If these Steelers can do this stuff against the best teams, they should be picking their teeth with the bad ones! Seriously, Mike Tomlin... Haley...whoever is the problem.

Edited by Anacybele

Examining the final contract year of several Chargers this years. I want to see if any impending free agents has a possibility of joining your teams.

WR - Seyi Ajirotutu*

He is the very core of our special teams and is our back up Wide Receiver. He has been stable, has great depth as a back up and is solid. I don't see us getting rid of him due to him likely going to have a small contract.

RB - Ronnie Brown

We originally signed him for when Mathews and Woodhead were out so we can have reliable RB in the situation where perhaps Mathews and Woodhead are both on IR. We signed him in the middle of the year. I can see Ronnie Brown going out despite how much I love his work ethic and contributions to the team.

OT - King Dunlap*

Though a fairly cheap contract, I think since he wants to have a huge raise for his contributions on the left side of the field. I think his concussions history might lower his contract amount we're more likely to keep him. As when we run the ball the success rate has been higher on the left side of the field. Mainly because Fluker is playing with an ankle injury having problems with speed Linebackers.

CB - Brandon Flowers*

His contract will be not too long or short, probably 2 - 4 years and fairly expensive, he has done a great job on defense so far. I definitely see a re-sign of first priority but I'm unsure if we have the cap space remaining to sign him. Though Telesco will make some cuts to open cap space I'm sure. He will probably try to stay because of Eddie Royal.

OLB - Dwight Freeney*

He will have a pretty expensive contract, I can see him being re-signed due to his experience and ability to pressure the Quarterback. Though he is 34 so there is a possibility he will retire.

ILB - Andrew Gackhar

I'm pretty mixed on Gackhar, he is a key component in our special teams but he is definitely replaceable. He has great depth for our linebackers, offers a different dimension than what our ILBs offer though. But he is definitely replaceable but if we do re-sign him he is probably going to have a "in the middle" contract for 2 - 5 years.

SS/CB - Marcus Gilchrist

Was considered the one of the best CBs in his draft class at his draft time. Plays like a CB instincts like a Safety, he did considerably "ok", but in 2013 we moved him to Strong Safety, he indeed played good but didn't exactly flourish. This is a decision that will make us or break us. He only has 1 INT 5 FF, and his contract might be a bit demanding. Generally on third year at a position as a DB you learn how to play better. This is a hit or miss that I can't predict.

C - Nick Hardwick

The guy is on IR, he slimmed up and has nerve damage. Probably wants to retire, so have a good retirement Hardwick. Interestingly, he did want to retire earlier but didn't so who knows. I think Chris Watt will take over as Center or we'll draft a new one.

OLB - Cordarro Law

Rather mixed on him, we have Jeremiah Attaochu, so he might be cut. But he also is a different type of Linebacker so he may be back for depth like Gackhar.

C/G - Doug Legursky

He isn't much of an upgrade to Ohrnberger, more like a very big downgrade. He is a third string Center/second string Guard and isn't as good as Chris Watt who is new to the position. I think he won't be re-signed, due to us likely drafting a Center and a new guard/moving Fluker inside.

DT - Ricardo Mathews

I can see him being re-signed. He has the power and speed of Corey Liuget but with less finesse. He is also a Colt in which Tom Telesco has a soft spot for him. His contract is likely to be "in the middle." to "above-average." in terms of cost for probably 3 years. The energy he exerts isn't as easy to see, but he definitely gets at the Quarterback much more efficiently than Kendall Reyes.

C/G - Rich Ohrnberger*

He is likely to be re-signed unless there is a better center available in the free agency who is familiar with the "no-huddle offense." He is likely going to be our 1st, 2nd or 3rd stringer center depending on what we draft and how Chris Watt is doing.

WR - Eddie Royal*

I do not see us letting him go. He brought Brandon Flowers to SD, he cut some money in his contract to allow room for Flowers and he is a weapon for Philip Rivers. He is a workhorse and a playmaker. A great offensive mismatch for our amount of weapons. When going up the middle he'll beat you at man to man. Although being 28, a 3 year contract that is fairly expensive is something I'm sure Telesco will have.

CB - Shareece Wright

He is definitely improving, though seeing as we will likely have a Verrett/Flowers combo, him being cut is likely, Though re-signing him might not be that bad. He could be playing Nickel, and be a second string CB. He is 27 and is probably still somewhat cheap.

RB - Ryan Mathews

Very hit or miss. Fumble prone, and injury prone. Sparked up our dead run game (but I actually blame our shitty offensive line) and is still fairly cheap. Though I think due to his replaceability we'll likely get rid of him and draft a new RB. We have Branden Oliver available so I don't see why we need Mathews. But his experience could earn him another few years in San Diego.

We have a total of $1,100,988 cap space available. I'm pretty sure we will make a large amount of cuts this off season freeing up a considerable amount of cap space.

* = likely to be re-signed

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Pierce seals it with that first down. Ravens win 28-13

cynthia pls

Also Flacco's at 24 all purpose TDs - I think like 2 more breaks his personal single season record? Furthermore he's only fumbled twice and been sacked like 13 times which are all career lows.

Edited by Lord Raven

Steelers WIN! Big win for the Steel City, WOO!!

42-21! The Ravens won too, but we still knocked them out of the playoffs for now. But this isn't over yet, the division is still very much up for grabs. We need to keep winning, that's all, really.

oh my god josh gordon, right through his hands. ahh! also hoyer really needs to stop throwing picks into triple coverage.

Edited by Randa

I kinda don't blame NFL.com there, the Dolphins seem to have a really really good defense and they were at home. I'm surprised at the Ravens' performance against them. Buuuut, on the other hand, some of them also picked the Bengals to win today. :P

Yay, Browns lost! Gives us a bit of breathing room, Lord Raven. Both our teams might make the playoffs this season! If they do, I look forward to a good match up if they wind up facing each other. :)

Edited by Anacybele