NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I'd say QB talent is more categorized. Some QBs are just better at some things than others. I'd say QBs like Luck, Newton, Dalton, etc, are more talented running QBs. They can run the football or make guys miss tackles on them.

But QBs like Ben, Stafford, and others are better at passing and play-extending than they are running. Big Ben has always had a knack for extending plays and Stafford, I hear, has a lot of arm strength.

And then there's guys like Brady and Rodgers, who seem to be pretty much great at all those things. xP

RGIII seemed to me like he fell in the running QB category. But he got hurt too much and now he's gone down hill.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the numbers i'm looking at right now, RG3 performed better in every drill except the broad jump. also though lucks numbers are similar there still worse than newtons. in everything except the three cone drill.

mike shanahan hated RG3. yeah dan snyder probably built a shrine to him but shanahan was not a fan. in 2013 at least.

im literally looking at an article saying it happened week 7 after a 3-4 start.

i am not against the fact that the irsay's are assholes. arguably the second worse family in football, congrats to snyder for being a big enough douche to be in first place. but the fact that they are assholes, has nothing to do with moving the browns. that's like me saying because al davis did crack that irsay didn't flee like a thief in the night and didn't crush a city for literally no reason. thats essentially the comparison you're making. except you know having like an actual owner who is confirmed to have done such, cause i don't think we can confirm davis did crack.

I'd say QB talent is more categorized. Some QBs are just better at some things than others. I'd say QBs like Luck, Newton, Dalton, etc, are more talented running QBs. They can run the football or make guys miss tackles on them.

daltons not a running qb

But QBs like Ben, Stafford, and others are better at passing and play-extending than they are running. Big Ben has always had a knack for extending plays and Stafford, I hear, has a lot of arm strength.

Stafford can't extend plays that well, and Luck is still better than Ben at extending plays! So's Cam, but given their receiver situation I'm pretty sure Randa could start for Carolina right now.

And then there's guys like Brady and Rodgers, who seem to be pretty much great at all those things. xP

Brady's good at stepping up, not extending plays or running. He looks like a literal turd when he turns.

RGIII seemed to me like he fell in the running QB category. But he got hurt too much and now he's gone down hill.

Nope, turns out he's a diva.

from the numbers i'm looking at right now, RG3 performed better in every drill except the broad jump. also though lucks numbers are similar there still worse than newtons. in everything except the three cone drill.

Yeah but he lacks their size and build. There's a reason Clowney's considered monstrously athletic despite probably not doing as well as Randy Moss - another freak - at the drills.

mike shanahan hated RG3. yeah dan snyder probably built a shrine to him but shanahan was not a fan. in 2013 at least.

Pettine/Browns GMs relationship isn't as toxic as Shanahan/Snyder's

im literally looking at an article saying it happened week 7 after a 3-4 start.

November 6th, 1995 - Browns are announced as moving to Baltimore. The team is 4-5 by November 6th.

i am not against the fact that the irsay's are assholes. arguably the second worse family in football, congrats to snyder for being a big enough douche to be in first place. but the fact that they are assholes, has nothing to do with moving the browns.

Jim Irsay the person may be a bad person, but Jim Irsay the owner is a very, very good owner due to his hands off approach and deferring power to his GMs. Bob Irsay was an awful, awful owner. And again, you're missing the point of moving the entire franchise vs just the roster. The other point was that Cleveland sports didn't have to endure shitty football for nearly as long as Baltimore sports had to. There's a very, very good reason John Elway did not want to be drafted to the Colts.

that's like me saying because al davis did crack that irsay didn't flee like a thief in the night and didn't crush a city for literally no reason. thats essentially the comparison you're making. except you know having like an actual owner who is confirmed to have done such, cause i don't think we can confirm davis did crack.

This is not the comparison I'm making in the slightest. Edited by Lord Raven

Are you kidding? Dalton turned on the fricken jets when he torched my Steelers' D in that one play. He was really fast. And then what about that one play he and a receiver did in a game awhile back where the receiver actually threw to HIM? That was run in for a TD too.

Edited by Anacybele

my bad i was reading when negotiations started. thats on me.

i also officially have no idea what your point is or how it is pertinent to moving the browns to baltimore. i understand you hate bob irsay, i still don't see how that effects anything.

but i also stopped caring so instead... i found this http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000442006/article/ndamukong-suh-agent-will-decide-where-i-play-next

gotta give him props for being honest.

edit:

how did i forget about this

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441615/article/geno-smith-says-hes-shown-pro-bowl-caliber-flashes

Edited by king ranting panda

Geno's had some good games last season to be fair...

My point of view is that 30 years of a very awful owner and shitty football AND losing the history of the franchise that almost single handedly popularized pro football is much, much worse than a roster shift. The former is what happened to Baltimore, the latter is what happened to Cleveland. Hence, they're still the whiny older sibling.

I would honestly be fine with Jim Irsay as the owner of my team. But Jim Irsay wasn't owner until 97.

Well, I'm not saying he's a great QB. Just that the dude can run.

I'm not saying that either.. re-read what I said. Peyton Manning's athletic prime wasn't that great with respect to his legs. Edited by Lord Raven

Brady's good at stepping up, not extending plays or running. He looks like a literal turd when he turns.

Hey man, don't be dissing Tom Vick!

Seriously though Brady may have awful mobility but his wilyness and elusiveness is unrivaled. He has some of the best pocket presence of all time.

And he doesn't put extra pressure on his O-line by holding onto the ball for 9000 years like Rodgers and Ben do.

Holding onto the ball too long is a problem with Ben that I wish he'd solve... >.>

Although it's one of the reasons he's as good at extending plays as he's always been. But still, I'm sure he can still be good at that and get rid of the ball quickly more often. Getting rid of the ball quickly is something Todd Haley wanted to get him to do too, from what I heard awhile back.

Edited by Anacybele

I heard that LA doesn't really care much for the NFL though, and that they prefer their basketball. And who said anything about the Rams going back? I haven't heard such a thing. o.O

Edited by Anacybele

There's nothing wrong with that style of play as long as you can take the hits. Rodgers and Ben are QBs who thrive on hitting the big play, and you need time for the deep WR routes to develop. Brady is more of a guy who will expose your weaknesses by picking you apart underneath. Outside of Randy Moss from 2007-2009 the Pats have never really had a reliable deep threat.

I just get tied of idiotic rhetoric like "Brady is a product of his O-Line". The reason he never gets sacked is because of his tremendous awareness and how quickly he gets rid of the ball. In 2008 after Brady got hurt, Matt Cassel took over and was sacked more times than any other QB in the league behind the same O-line that looked godlike the year prior.

Los Angeles has it the worst, they lost TWO teams and when they get one back it's gonna be the Rams

I don't think we'll ever see a team back in LA. The threat of relocating there is the ultimate bargaining tool for any owner who wants its city to foot the bill for a new stadium.

Edited by Team Alucard

I heard that LA doesn't really care much for the NFL though, and that they prefer their basketball. And who said anything about the Rams going back? I haven't heard such a thing. o.O

There's been rumors of a team moving back to LA for like the last 10 years, it's always the Rams

And yeah LA is all about the Lakers baybeeeeee

Yeah, but Ben has also gotten hurt several times and sacked more than any other QB because of that play style. Bruce Arians was dumped as our OC because of how often Ben got hurt and sacked. Ben wound up with broken bones everywhere, from his feet to his arms, and even his NOSE. Todd Haley was brought in to fix that, because the starting QB missing games more often than not really hurts the team. Take last year's Packers, for example. When Rodgers went out with that broken collarbone, the Steelers torched them, partly because Matt Flynn was kind of awful.

Todd Haley just seems to have consistency issues with calling the right play at the right time.

The Steelers were lucky the one season Ben actually got suspended rather than injured when Charlie Batch, a THIRD string QB (yes, our second string guy got hurt), led the team to multiple wins in a row, but that kind of scenario really does not happen often.

Edited by Anacybele

There's been rumors of a team moving back to LA for like the last 10 years, it's always the Rams

And yeah LA is all about the Lakers baybeeeeee

Even though I'm not a Lakers fan it makes me said to see them so awful. I grew up watching Kobe and he deserves better than to spend his final years rotting on a lottery team, Especially since he wasted many of his prime years playing with garbage teammates like Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. He deserves a shot at that 6th ring, but no way he ever leaves LA.

Hey man, don't be dissing Tom Vick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAt6S1RHBYs

I'm trying to find the video of him running into a ref trying to scramble in the 2012-2013 AFC Championship Game but alas.

Seriously though Brady may have awful mobility but his wilyness and elusiveness is unrivaled. He has some of the best pocket presence of all time.

And he doesn't put extra pressure on his O-line by holding onto the ball for 9000 years like Rodgers and Ben do.

Indeed.

There's nothing wrong with that style of play as long as you can take the hits. Rodgers and Ben are QBs who thrive on hitting the big play, and you need time for the deep WR routes to develop. Brady is more of a guy who will expose your weaknesses by picking you apart underneath. Outside of Randy Moss from 2007-2009 the Pats have never really had a reliable deep threat.

You also need good WRs that can scramble around to get open... because Flacco was doing a lot of that last year and it didn't work because our receiving corps was trash and combining his time from snap to scramble to release was comparable to the time an average OL would give a QB to pass.

I just get tied of idiotic rhetoric like "Brady is a product of his O-Line". The reason he never gets sacked is because of his tremendous awareness and how quickly he gets rid of the ball. In 2008 after Brady got hurt, Matt Cassel took over and was sacked more times than any other QB in the league behind the same O-line that looked godlike the year prior.

The other argument is that Brady is good at setting protections. I've never heard of someone else basically identifying the mike on every single play.

At any rate, every QB goes with their OL. If you send a good interior rush on Brady he will shit his pants. There's a very good reason Brady's worst all-time numbers are against the Ravens and also why he'd struggle against the Jets at points.

lol running into a ref trying to scramble.

I love seeing hilarious scenarios such as that lol. Examples of the funniest stuff I've seen in recent seasons:

- The special teams TD the Steelers got against the Panthers. Just OMG, it was pretty much back and forth "PANTHERS HAVE IT, NO THE STEELERS HAVE IT!" after Philly Brown muffed and then fumbled the catch until Robert Golden finally secured it in the end zone. XD

- The announcers mistaking a player's lost shoe for a flag. lol (the shoe was yellow)

- The Steelers' team doctor getting tripped up on the sideline by accident. lol wow

- That one Eagles guy smashing into the Gatorade table on the Cardinals' side of the field, oh this was the best. XD

- Carson Palmer and some guy on the other team getting their cleats stuck together, oh lord that was something.

- A Titans returner accidentally kneeling in the end zone after leaving it in opening kickoff during week 1 last season, giving the Steelers a free safety and the fastest scoring play in NFL history. Just...wow. lol

- T. Y. Hilton losing his shoe after making a TD reception against the Browns. lol

- A cameraman getting tripped up while filming a TD. lol

- Any time helmets go flying. lol

- And speaking of helmets, Ryan Fitzpatrick's bad pass just randomly bouncing off of Lawrence Timmons's helmet and right into Brett Kiesel's hands, oh damn, was I laughing at that. XD

- The Ravens getting three penalties in one play. lol

That's all I can think of right now. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Its not from the NFL but this is the hardest I have ever laughed at a football game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AqnsjEPLIA

I find a lot of ESPN's coverage annoying but 'C'mon Man' is always hilarious.

Hahahahaha I've never seen that clip. I think the right guard that doesn't move must have been trying not to shit his pants. Can't think why else you just freeze there the entire play rofl

Posted · Hidden by Nightmare, December 11, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Nightmare, December 11, 2014 - No reason given

Its not from the NFL but this is the hardest I have ever laughed at a football game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AqnsjEPLIA

I find a lot of ESPN's coverage annoying but 'C'mon Man' is always hilarious.

Hahahahaha I've never seen that clip. I think the right guard that doesn't move must have been trying not to shit his pants. Can't think why else you just freeze there the entire play rofl

Martavis Bryant's 94 yard TD reception is number 2 in the top ten Bridgestone moments of week 14. :awesome:

That was still the best play all season for the Steelers! FREAKING AWESOME, and it was against a division rival and done by a rookie receiver. YEAAAAH. :D Bryant is officially the newest member of the Killer Bs in my book too just for that play! Ben, Brown, Bell, Bryant. The four Killer Bs! Could've been five if LeGarrette Blount fit in better, but four is still a good number!

Edited by Anacybele

Nah, its because the lineman had been coached to never move from his spot if he noticed a defender had jumped offsides. Bobby Bowden was infamous for teaching his lineman that. I think there's another video where the same thing happens but its the entire O-Line that doesn't move.

Yep, found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpPGfj1_sM

Ultimately I think its a bit silly. While it builds discipline you're leaving your QB out to dry and forfeiting any chance of making something big happen out of the free play.