NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Steelers up 20-7. :awesome:

This is a bad record team they're blowing out too. Though Julio Jones being out for the Falcons is likely a bit of a factor, this is still sweet. ^^

We need to win for us and the Panthers! A Falcons loss helps them too!

lol Ravens struggling against the Jags.

Either the Bengals are mad for losing badly to us or Johnny Manziel is worse than Hoyer. :P

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 Titans were a wild card team, Jax was the #1 seed.

Jacksonville has been tied or led at the half against the Colts and Texans the past two weeks so giving the Ravens trouble here isn't exactly surprising.

Yeah, I'm just surprised you guys could hold off Forsett for the first half. That onside kick was dirty though.

Oh yeah, that was the year where Jax only lost to the Titans except they lost to them 3 times.

EDIT: Yeah against the Dolphins our run game had issues and all we had was Flacco and the hope our receivers would hold on. Thank god for Owen Daniels though. Him, Brown, and Aiken are outplaying their contracts.

Edited by Lord Raven

Man, hold them off, defense! Hold them off! You guys kept the Falcons at zero for almost an entire half, you can do this!

Falcons went three and out, fuck yeah. lol penalty on Falcons just gave us an automatic first down. Run down that damn clock now! Putting up some more points at the same time would be even better.

EDIT: Heath Miller just got a 25 yd reception?! NFL.com jinxed the guy again by saying to sit him in fantasy, I knew it! XD

Btw, the game isn't on TV here, so I've had to follow it on NFL.com. xP

EDIT: And that's game! Steelers win again! YEAH! Gotta win the last two though. Cincy should be another win seeing as we crushed them on their own turf. They're coming to ours! The Chiefs might be tough though.

Edited by Anacybele

I'll note that the Browns also blew out the Bengals in Cincinatti and look at what happened today.

Browns had Hoyer at QB then though. This time they had Manziel. He just didn't do it. And even with Hoyer, they've started to struggle lately. Also, the Bengals are looking a bit inconsistent. They got crushed by us, now they crush the Browns.

But I did say it SHOULD be a win for us. Not that it definitely will.

So, here's some trivia. What do Matt Ryan, Zach Mettenberger, and Andrew Luck all have in common? They threw a pick-six to William Gay. Bwaha. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

Bills forces two rodgers ints and nearly had two more. I dont think I've ever rooted for/wanted the bills to win this badly

Come on guys, i thought everyone knew the bengals are great at afternoon games and terribad any other time

Edited by Randombobman

Browns had Hoyer at QB then though. This time they had Manziel. He just didn't do it.

Though Hoyer didn't win them that game, Dalton played literally the worst football I've ever seen a quarterback play. Well, almost the worst; Kerry Collins in SB 35 was worse.

Yeah, and I think Dalton is one of the reasons the Bengals are a little inconsistent. He plays like shit in some games, but in others he looks like an elite QB. And wasn't that game against the Browns in prime time, where he usually flops?

Though Hoyer didn't win them that game, Dalton played literally the worst football I've ever seen a quarterback play. Well, almost the worst; Kerry Collins in SB 35 was worse.

what about geno smith's 0-7 with 3 ints, in a quarter this year.

also the bengals defense flashed the money sign almost as many times as manziel actually completed passes.

7 to 10.

also that safety confuses me.

Edited by king ranting panda

Well Geno didn't play the full game, meanwhile Collins was 15/39 for 4 ints and like 100 yards in the Super Bowl.

EDIT:

PLAYOFF ELIMINATION AND CLINCHING SCENARIOS!

CLINCHING

Arizona Cardinals clinch a playoff berth with:

- Dallas vs Philadelphia does not end in a tie

Denver Broncos clinch the AFC West division title with:

- Denver win

ELIMINATION

San Diego Chargers are eliminated from AFC West title contention with:

- San Diego loss

THE FOLLOWING HAVE CLINCHED THEIR DIVISION TITLE:

Indianapolis Colts

New England Patriots

THE FOLLOWING ARE ELIMINATED FROM DIVISION TITLE CONTENTION:

Minnesota Vikings

Kansas City Chiefs

San Francisco 49ers

Buffalo Bills

Cleveland Browns

Houston Texans

Miami Dolphins

THE FOLLOWING ARE ELIMINATED FROM A PLAYOFF BERTH:

New York Jets

Tennessee Titans

Oakland Raiders

Jacksonville Jaguars

Chicago Bears

New York Giants

Washington Redskins

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

St. Louis Rams

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, the Steelers gotta sweep the Bengals and take care of the Chiefs. It's not exactly an easy schedule, but it could be tougher. So I know our guys can do it. Our #2 ranked offense can power the way through!

Bell once again couldn't be stopped today and got two rushing TDs. Antonio Brown got a really nice catch at the 1 yard line making it first and goal. Go Killer Bs. ^^

The worst (aesthetically) quarterbacking I've seen was The Josh Freeman Game on MNF last year against a not-great Giants defense.
20/53 (38%!) for 190 yards (3.6 yards per attempt!) and an INT

Guys were open, but Freeman didn't know the Vikings playbook yet, so he was basically chucking the ball to random spots on the field.

I think Dalton's was way worse than that. He was like 5 yards ahead of the line before throwing it forward at some point. But Freeman's was pretty bad, here's the clip that sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymQjFRfDtE

Look at what's happening. Guy breaks the line quickly, and falls forward, while Eli somehow hops over him and throws it to a pretty heavily covered receiver.

"Both of these teams are just... bad"

Edited by Lord Raven

So, Steeler fans and even NFL.com say that a flag on Jason Worilds for roughing the passer that gave the Falcons a gift first down was bullshit. I didn't see this since I couldn't actually watch the game, so I guess I'm just gonna have to go with the majority here. Tomlin should send that tape in just like the article says.

The Steeler defense that played today needs to keep showing up though. William Gay is the best CB we have and I also like Antoin Blake and Brice McCain. Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen are going through issues or something, so they should stay on the bench (Taylor is hurt anyway). We can't afford anymore injuries on the D either.

Also, Gay, Blake, and McCain? They each have at least one interception, and two of them have at least one pick-six (Gay and McCain). On top of that, McCain also has one fumble recovery. Ike Taylor has nothing here, and Cortez Allen has just two picks, one of which was just complete luck because the receiver he was covering messed his leg up while running. You do the math.

Edited by Anacybele

I think Dalton's was way worse than that. He was like 5 yards ahead of the line before throwing it forward at some point. But Freeman's was pretty bad, here's the clip that sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymQjFRfDtE

Look at what's happening. Guy breaks the line quickly, and falls forward, while Eli somehow hops over him and throws it to a pretty heavily covered receiver.

that video describes my exact feelings about the titans jets game right now.

Also clipboard jesus is playing!

Edited by king ranting panda

lol. I did some digging, and apparently Josh Freeman had 16 passes that were incomplete due to overthrow, which is the most ESPN Stats & Info has ever counted for one game. That whole game was surreally bad.

some others...

Craig Morton: 4/15 for 39 yards and 4 INTs for Denver in Super Bowl XII

Tim Hasselbeck: 6/26 for 56 yards and 4 INTs for Washington in 2003

Rex Grossman: 2/12 for 33 yards and 3 INTs for the eventual NFC Champion Bears in 2006

and how could I not bring up

Kerry Collins: 2/12 for -7 yards and an INT for the Titans against New England in 2009

there were lots of awful passing games decades ago in the NFL, but the more favorable passing rules and sophisticated offenses nowadays make relatively recent bad performances feel more special imo