NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Ah, okay then, he's got some toughness on him too. Interesting. :o

So, apparently Jordy Nelson can't catch a perfectly catchable potential 94 yard TD pass... But a rookie receiver named Martavis Bryant can no problem. lol

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spilled my damn beer when that happened it was so unexpected. Did not enjoy waiting for halftime with soggy beer crotch smh. Still can't believe he dropped a td pass like that lol. I'm definitely not complaining though.

Offensive line hasn't been able to stay healthy which i think has contributed a lot towards their struggles this year

I kept telling my dumb Packers fan brother, the Patriots are the best team right now. But he's all "no, the Packers are better because they beat the Patriots!" That doesn't mean squat. The Steelers lost to the Bucs, Jets, and Saints, but clearly none of those three teams are better. The Steelers had penalty problems vs the Bucs, they just randomly shit themselves against the Jets, and then Ben just fell apart against the Saints.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly as invincible as they look it wouldn't surprise me to see the Pats get bounced out by the Ravens or some other under-the-radar team in the postseason. Happens all too often to the regular season champs in today's NFL.

but then again they actually have a respectable defense for the first time in ages and Gronk is healthy (for now). Just imagine if the Pats had anything close to a decent pass-rush. omfg it would literally be unfair.

Our receivers suck too much ass to match up to them, but I think our run game can soften them up. Our pass rush can get to Brady if their OL malfunctions, but if he gets more than 2 seconds he can carve us up.

Yeah, that's the thing with that Brady led offense. My Steelers could match them offensively if the o-line protects Ben long enough to let the other Killer Bs do their magic, but our secondary is utter trash most of the time, so Brady + Gronk would chew them up and spit them out because of how fast Brady works. And that isn't even factoring in Edelman.

Edited by Anacybele

Alright, playoff scenarios for Chargers WC.

Steelers lose twice and Kansas loses against the Chargers, Chargers win out. In as 6th seed.

Cincinnati and Kansas City loses out. Steelers and Ravens win out. Chargers beat Chiefs. 6th seed is ours due to Steelers clinch and Ravens WC.

Ravens lose 1 and Kansas City loses against the Chargers, Chargers win out. In due to tiebreaker.

We had our destiny in our hands but we choked.

I don't bet on Ravens losing because of their easy remaining schedule.

Steelers losing twice is forseeable but can't be guaranteed because Kansas City sucks.

Cincinnati losing out and Steelers and Ravens winning out is my most foreseeable playoff clinch. We can get in at 9-7 as long as the Broncos and Steelers beat Cincy and the Steelers and the Chargers beat the Chiefs.

This is somewhat win-win for us... playoff run = Mike McCoy gets another playoff in his record as HC, don't get in we have a higher draft pick. We also have a larger amount of cap space available this upcoming offseason. Though the aging Brandon Flowers might not re-sign due to us not making playoffs. As long as injuries don't fuck us up next year unlike this year. I think we can truly make a good run with our money.

EDIT: Worst case scenario yet highest probability:

Broncos beat Cincy.

Ravens win out

Steelers lose to Cincy.

Chargers win out.

That would put us 10-6 and missing the playoffs (I think)

So either Steelers lose to Kansas City and the Bengals.

or they win against Kansas City and Bengals.

A task I can't trust the Steelers with...

But neither screws us out of the playoffs...

Ultimately karma for our 8 man on one-side uncalled penalty xD.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Since Dallas/Philly didn't end in a tie, Cardinals have clinched playoffs.

EDIT: Also San Francisco's eliminated from playoffs.

I was almost going to say Cleveland is also eliminated- not quite although their scenario for getting in requires a KC/SD tie I believe.

The Steelers can beat Cincy again, they've got the weapons. They just need to fricking hold off AJ Green and Jeremy Hill better. AJ Green torched our secondary and Jeremy HIll... I don't know what was going on there. -_- That defensive line was able to shut down Arian Foster. Why not this guy? He's very good too despite being a rookie.

Edited by Anacybele

Our receivers suck too much ass to match up to them, but I think our run game can soften them up. Our pass rush can get to Brady if their OL malfunctions, but if he gets more than 2 seconds he can carve us up.

I honestly believe the Pats have an underrated run defense. The return of NT Sealver Siliga has been huge and allowed Big Boi Wilfork to move to 3-4 DE, where he can make plays. Chandler Jones came back today too, which is a huge gain.

Run defense numbers during the past month or so:

Week 9 vs Den: 17 att, 43 yards

Week 11 @ Ind: 16 att, 19 yards

Week 14 @ SD: 17 att, 53 yards

Week 15 vs Mia: 23 att, 76 yards

If the Ravens do end up meeting the Pats somewhere in the playoffs, I truly believe the game will come down to whichever defense makes the most plays. That being said I love the way the Patriots D matches up with the Ravens (if everyone can stay healthy)

Miami's got a mediocre run game. Indianapolis' run game isn't great either and Denver's run game was horrific when you guys played them. San Diego wasn't doing too hot all season. From my understanding you guys had issues with the zone blocking scheme which is exactly what we run.

Cut blocking isn't illegal. You're thinking of chop blocking.

EDIT: and even that is not illegal unless done correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chop_block_%28gridiron_football%29

As for Zone Blocking, Alfred Morris had a ridiculous season in 2012 and currently Forsett is pretty ridiculous on the Ravens. Don't forget Marshawn Lynch.

Edited by Lord Raven

I am sick of hear people say Jordy Nelson dropped what would have been a 94yd TD. Our safety was at the same line of scrimmage as him and was running at a perfect angle (and faster speed) to cut him off. It would have been a 50+ yard reception for sure but it would not have been a TD.

The Bills have secured their 1st non-losing season since 2004 (9-7). If we win out we only need a little help to make the playoffs.

Bills D has shut down Manning and Rodgers in back to back weeks.

I really hope the KC and Houston games dont come back to haunt us.

Seeing the Lions actually win the division would be amazing and surreal, but I'm not holding my breath.

They haven't won in Lambeau since before I was born. =(

Always wished I could magically take some of the near endless success of the Red Wings and sprinkle it around to the other Detroit Teams haha.

Although the Pistons had a hell of a run in the early 2000s and the Tigers are great right now. Things could always be worse, could be a Cleveland Sports fan. =P