NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I think the Jets were only half the problem that made the Steelers lay a steel egg against them, actually. There were also the random mistakes by our best guys (Antonio Brown fumbling twice, Ben throwing two bad picks, etc). That honestly is just plain bad luck right there. You really would see screwups like that once in a blue moon.

But still, the potential issues against the Chiefs' D do make me worry.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it that Trestman's fired after this season.

This is about to be a very interesting Black Monday. I think we're about to lose

- Jim Harbaugh

- Joe Philbin

- Marc Trestman

- Tony Sparano (well Dennis Allen was already fired)

- Rex Ryan

- Mike Smith

- POSSIBLY Lovie Smith

- POSSIBLY Jay Gruden

I thought the Raiders liked Tony Sparano? NFL.com put up a video of them giving the guy a celebratory Gatorade bath. lol

The Raiders also fired their GM iirc. The next executive is going to want a coach of his own choosing, not the previous regime's leftovers.

unless we use a really strict definition of "possibly," the only other coaches I'd add to Raven's list are Coughlin and Whisenhunt.

Tom Coughlin retiring or being asked to resign wouldn't shock me. This'll be the 3rd straight year the Giants have missed the playoffs, and they lost 7 straight games at one point, including a loss to the Jaguars and a few blowouts. The GM expected them to compete this year.

Whisenhunt, I think, is more likely than Lovie to be fired because there's a legit chance Tennessee's GM will be fired (there have been rumblings). A new GM might want to bring in a coach of his choosing right away, depending on what they plan to do at QB.

any other coach would be a genuine surprise to me.

Jay Gruden is staying, there have already been reports that Danny Snyder told him he's coming back next season.

Yeah I have no idea what's up with the Redskins, I'm gonna wait until Black Monday for that one.

unless we use a really strict definition of "possibly," the only other coaches I'd add to Raven's list are Coughlin and Whisenhunt.

Tom Coughlin retiring or being asked to resign wouldn't shock me. This'll be the 3rd straight year the Giants have missed the playoffs, and they lost 7 straight games at one point, including a loss to the Jaguars and a few blowouts. The GM expected them to compete this year.

Whisenhunt, I think, is more likely than Lovie to be fired because there's a legit chance Tennessee's GM will be fired (there have been rumblings). A new GM might want to bring in a coach of his choosing right away, depending on what they plan to do at QB.

any other coach would be a genuine surprise to me.

That would be great.

If he comes back to SD...

Whisenhunt did a better job than Frank Reich when he was in San Diego so far. So I hope he comes back to us. Frank Reich is only run up the middle then limit Keenan Allen's route skills. He promised Dual TE sets, but it never happend.

Whisenhunt at least used Woodhead more effectively than Reich in the limited time we watched him play.

EDIT: Why can't we just be fucking done for this season....

Keenan Allen just had to break his fucking clavicle. Next thing you know Philip Rivers breaks his clavicle...

2015 season here we go guys. I'm optimistic for the 2015 season since larger cap space and filled pretty much 60% of our needs the last 2 drafts and free agency. Philcember happend in October. So it's Philober. er Philip Rivers is over. just kidding.

But man I want the Chargers to win but seriously everything is going fucking wrong I just don't know anymore. Next man up mentality does not work when the next man up gets injured... We only had 1 game without injury this season, that is against the Raiders where we won 31-28.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Speaking of guys named Gruden... I still find this funny.

Week 7, John Gruden's Texans face my Steelers, he makes fun of Brett Kiesel and James Harrison because they're 36. Brett Kiesel goes on to put more pressure on Ryan Fitzpatrick than anybody else and even manage to intercept a pass in the most crazy way possible.

Week 9, James Harrison totally flattens Flacco like a pancake. I think he put nice pressure on Luck in week 8 too.

Hahaha, try making fun of our old guys again.

Edited by Anacybele

Mike Smith staying probably depends on whether the Falcons win their last two games or not. The Falcons do seem to screw up leads fairly regularly due to poor clock management/play calling so it's something to consider.

I actually... highly doubt they keep him if they squeak into the playoffs. Second straight poor year, and lots of playoff exits as well as fucking up the lead in that NFC Championship game.

Week 7, John Gruden's Texans face my Steelers, he makes fun of Brett Kiesel and James Harrison because they're 36. Brett Kiesel goes on to put more pressure on Ryan Fitzpatrick than anybody else and even manage to intercept a pass in the most crazy way possible.

Gruden is a commentator. Bill O'Brien is the Texans head coach.

Hahaha, try making fun of our old guys again.

What have they done since then? Edited by Lord Raven

Gruden is a commentator. Bill O'Brien is the Texans head coach. What have they done since then?

Oh, my mistake.

And they were both hurt. They were healthy for even longer than Polamalu before that, though. They were never as prone to injury as him. Just a stroke of bad luck here.

So, guys, here's some more trivia for ya.

Week 14 is the only week so far in the season where two players from the same team got the Fed Ex Air and Ground honors. Big Ben and Le'Veon Bell, both Steelers! Quite interesting to see that occur, if I do say so myself, even better that it's my team. ^^

Reading more up on the Chiefs though, it seems they have trouble stopping the run game. You know what that means: let the Bell toll again!

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, what Cynthia said is what I read. That they allow the most yards per rushing attempt. But not letting Bell get a rushing TD won't stop him. He can get a receiving TD...or Ben can throw the ball to Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, Heath Miller, Lance Moore, take your pick. This offense is number 1 in the league now for a reason. NFL.com even recommends to sit the Chiefs' D against them, although I don't find their recommendations to be that reliable. Still, it shows just how much stock people put in our offense!

Oh, and Heath is listed as a sit again. Every time he's been listed as a sit so far, he's gotten at least one TD and nice yard gain. Let the crazy jinx continue!

Edited by Anacybele

Chiefs vs. Steelers could be very interesting, seeing as the Chiefs have proven to be formidable on good days same as the Steelers. I think the Steelers will take it simply because it's in Pittsburg, but at the same time you never know which Steelers team will show up. Not to mention that Jamaal Charles always had the potential to go off.