NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I wouldn't exactly call Suh a thug

Okay I'll do it for you. He's a thug and I love him for it. He plays with a physicality that you just don't see enough.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suh seems to have a knack for being in trouble on the field though. I've seen him get ejected and suspended and all in the past.

He's a dirty player, but he is held to higher standards than everyone else just because Goodell wants to make an example out of him.

As a Steelers fan, I'm sure you member the ridiculous extra-scrutiny that was always placed on James Harrison. Its the same thing with Suh,

Oh yes, I do remember how Harrison was fined so much. People even like to joke about it and say "Harrison will be fined for this" whenever something bad happens regarding our team. xP

But the last I remember Harrison being fined for anything was for a hit on Colt McCoy several years ago when McCoy was still a Browns QB.

True, though surprisingly, he got to Flacco and Alex Smith a bunch of times. He had a total field day with the former.

But James Harrison being around still sparked our defense the way it needed to be. As soon as he came back from injury, the whole squad started playing better. I just hope Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu can follow suit if they're put back in the starting line. Some fans are even saying they want those two to stay benched in favor of guys like Brice McCain and Antwon Blake. And they could be right.

It's a miracle.

Frank Reich has been one of the OCs to be asked for HC.

Go Frank Reich, lead the Jets. Try to qualify as HC.

We need to get a new OC because you don't run against the 28th best run defense.

EDIT: Weddle: "I hope all 3 of our DBs return, but the likelihood of all 3 returning is slim due to the reality of our cap space."

Let Wright and Gilchrist walk. Flowers is the only one worth keeping.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Aaand the Steelers went and signed Ben Tate. Stupid decision, he's worse than LeGarrette Blount and both of them were kicked off of multiple teams for the same reason: attitude problems. We don't need anymore of that here.

Should've taken Ray Rice instead, even if he WAS a Raven. He was actually a good RB. Besides, how funny would it be to beat the Ravens with one of their own old weapons? XD

Edited by Anacybele

"Should've taken Ray Rice" despite multiple things shitting on Ray Rice for what he did this season.

Frank "The Third" Reich didn't work out for you? But... he lead that comeback... and he's from UMD! (I hate UMD tho)

"Should've taken Ray Rice" despite multiple things shitting on Ray Rice for what he did this season.

Frank "The Third" Reich didn't work out for you? But... he lead that comeback... and he's from UMD! (I hate UMD tho)

He's a good QB, QB coach but not a good OC lmao. Since he doesn't make substantial half-time adjustments unlike John Pagano.

He just does run draw plays and go for long passes. He does not take the short passes. Most of the time we take short passes is when Rivers calls the play or when an RB takes the ball as an emergency dumpoff. He also hasn't ran a dual TE set with Green and Gates as often as he said.

Who the hell passes against the 2nd best pass defense, and does not run at the 3 yard line against the 28th best rush defense.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

So Suh won his appeal, but I still don't feel confident at all about the game against Dallas. Rodgers was literally playing on one leg and the so-called "best defensive-line in football" couldn't even sack him once. I don't see the defense doing much against Dallas and their O-Line. This is a game that Stafford will have to win, and at this point I don't know how much faith I have left in him. =(

So Suh won his appeal, but I still don't feel confident at all about the game against Dallas. Rodgers was literally playing on one leg and the so-called "best defensive-line in football" couldn't even sack him once. I don't see the defense doing much against Dallas and their O-Line. This is a game that Stafford will have to win, and at this point I don't know how much faith I have left in him. =(

You don't know about a QB playing on one leg unless it's Philip Rivers and his torn acl.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And if the better RB in this case is the guy that just came off of a domestic violence incident AND was a Raven and the Steelers need to be prepared in case their star player and MVP can't play, they should've swallowed any doubts or disdain and taken him.

Plus, William Gay would get a better chance to talk to the guy and help him out. He already wanted to do so, and I bet a guy like Gay can indeed help him. It isn't the past that makes a person, it's what they do with it in the future. Ray Rice could learn from his mistakes and become a better person, or he could go get in trouble again. A certain starting Steeler QB could teach him a thing or two on that as well.

But hey, if the signing of Ben Tate comes back to bite this team in the ass, well, that's on them. He only had like 2.1 yards per carry with the Vikings and only got an amazing 30 or so yards out of 13 carries (I saw the stats, I just don't remember exactly what they said). Yeah, good luck with him. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, from what I've seen, Ben doesn't put ugly shots on other players and make unnecessary hits. I've never even seen him get involved in fights on the field. I DID, however, see him try helping to break one up. And this one time he said something to some guy on the other team, he got punched to the ground, but DID NOT RETALIATE. He stayed on the ground until the guy walked away, in fact.

Ben is no thug. lol

James Harrison though, yeah, he kinda was. On the field, that is. Off it, he's a pretty nice dude.

Dude, Ben is BUILT like an LB lol. He IS called Big Ben. And you want big strong guys being linebackers so they don't get shoved around like nobody's business. :P

Anyway, a couple fun facts I just remembered!

- All of Antonio Brown's punt return TDs so far in his career have been against the Bengals in Pittsburgh. Bengals and their fans must hate him now. lol But AB is DA MAN!

- The Bengals never sacked Ben ONCE in either of their meetings this season. Their defensive line is terrible. XD Or our o-line is just really good. :P

Edited by Anacybele

the Bills are still on the hook for the $4 million on Marrone's contract next year. apparently he asked for extensions for himself and his staff, and didn't get them. giving someone the chance to opt out and still get paid doesn't seem very wise. i'm not really sure what they're gonna do at QB next season, what with Orton retiring and no 1st-round pick. maybe they'll give EJ another chance? in any case, their D is obviously legit.

rumor has it that Bill Polian will be rejoining the Bills' front office in some capacity. he had a good run with them in the 90s.

anyway, playoff picks (taking the home team in every game, so brave)

Arizona @ Carolina - I don't think the Panthers should be favored by 6+ points or whatever it is, but their defense has looked better since Charles Johnson started playing like himself (he looked banged up or something early on). Ryan Lindley on the road.

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh- The loss (or just hobbled-ness) of Bell will hurt, especially in the passing game, but I still think the Steelers are a bad match-up for what's left of the Ravens' secondary.

Cincinnati @ Indianapolis- I really have no confidence in either team making a deep run, especially with the current state of the Colts OL. Picking Dalton on the road against Luck would just make me too nervous.

Detroit @ Dallas- Having Suh obviously helps, but I don't think the Lions' offense will be able to keep up.

Rofl Flaccos as big as a linebacker too, doesn't mean he's gonna fight them. Ben would get destroyed by a linebacker - in fact he has spent a lot of time flat on his ass due to a bunch of Ravens linebackers

Also I heard Marrone wanted an extension and pegula said no, so... Here's hoping they keep the defensive staff and kill the offensive staff.

Edited by Lord Raven

I don't imagine Flacco to be the kind of guy that would want to pick a fight either though. :P The way he's smiling in his profile picture, he gives off the vibe of "yeeeah, I'm too cool for that, yo." lol

And Ben almost always just got done throwing a football when he's knocked down. Ie, no time to react. :P

But this is a silly discussion. lol

On another topic, AB is AFC Offensive Player of the Month! I told ya he was da man. :D AB IS THE BEST WR EVER. I don't mean in only his skills, he's got a cool fashion sense and his "What it is?" videos are entertaining too. :D I'm saying he's an awesome dude all around. But I still cannot get enough of the guy's fashion sense... He's so classy. Just look at the stuff he typically wears when he goes formal!

Antonio_Brown_First_Take.png

Dude's got class AND he's damn good on the field. Glad he's on my team. :D Though I think the purple suit, bow tie, and matching hat he wore in one of his interviews from this season was even better than this.

And many Steeler fans, including myself, had some doubts and uncertainties about whether he would be able to carry the mantle Hines Ward had. He sure as hell proved he could!

Edited by Anacybele

The Bills lost to 3 of the 4 teams to finish 9-7, and the Bills were the 4th 9-7 team. I am so glad Marrone walked. He was a doofus and a prick. This team should have had 12+ wins.