NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was probably the most dignified ending to a SuperBowl ever.

If they couldn't beat them on their play, beat them for reals.

That playcall made the fades to Crabtree look smart.

If Bennett didnt jump then this shit doesnt happen and Seattle has a chance, but nope, Bennett jumped and Bruce Irvin was an asshole.

Congratulations to Brady and the Patriots on their fourth Super Bowl ring. It's remarkable to watch either way, they're a great team and I'm glad Belichick set us up for success before he got fired by Modell. I just hate them, but you cannot deny their excellence over the past decade and a half.

Edited by Lord Raven

I DIDN'T WANT EITHER TO WIN

BUT TO CHOOSE I WOULD HAVE TO GO PATS.

SINCE I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE CRUDE REMARK FROM THE SEAHAWKS BEING LIKE "OH YEAH WE WON 2 IN A ROW."

I have to say seeing Seattle blow a decent lead and God make Russell Wilson throw an interception to seal the loss felt very cathartic.

Signed,

A Not at All Bitter Packers Fan

Don't worry you have Aaron Rodgers.

You'll get one pretty soon.

It's pretty funny to think about though, the NFC West went to 7 of the last 15 or so Super Bowls and lost 5 of them? Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks x2, and 49es.

Two of those losses were to my Steelers, hee hee. Kurt Warner will probably never forget that pick he threw to James Harrison. Haha.

But anyway, yeah, the Seahawks blowing it like they did was surprising to me, since they'd made a bunch of neat comebacks this season. But I guess that streak had to end someday. Plus that bigass fight was hilarious. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Don't worry you have Aaron Rodgers.

You'll get one pretty soon.

Another* One.

I know there will be other chances, but it have it so close and slip through our fingers was devastating. I mean we may not have beaten New England either

Just having Aaron Rodgers isn't enough though, and we saw that. xP

I mean, the Steelers have a bunch of great weapons on offense, but their defense couldn't step up enough. Hopefully we'll have another chance soon enough though, the Steelers won't be cutting Antonio Brown or Le'Veon Bell anytime soon. Big Ben should have a few years left in him. And Martavis Bryant was just a rookie.

Edited by Anacybele

Seattle didn't run the ball why?

That's my main question here, honestly I could care less on which team won, but in that situation, you have one of THE best runningbacks in the league and you try a slant

I think a pass on second down wasn't inherently a bad play, I would just prefer a rollout or something as opposed to what they did. You also have one of the more mobile quarterbacks in the league and trying something to escape all of that interior pressure that New England was about to send seemed more practical.

Also,

o97OjVx.jpg

A little more anticipation and a quicker release on that ball would give you six. The play actually worked, Wilson just released it a little too late to give Malcolm Butler time to make a play.

Still would've thought a rollout was a better idea if they're going to pass, because to be honest the clock wasn't in their favor. 24 seconds left with 1 timeout so you only realistically have 2 chances to punch it in, but if you throw an incompletion at worse (which is what you could do with a rollout) then you don't run into this issue.

Sad part was, in my dorm. One of my pals is like.. IT'S GOING TO WORK

Right before that pick, me and another friend gave him a fair bit of innocent ribbing afterwards.

So, the free agent list is here.

Imo, the Steelers ought to pick up Justin Forsett and Owen Daniels (if they don't manage to keep Matt Spaeth). Le'Veon Bell needs a good backup and Forsett seems to be a good choice if they can't afford Ray Rice. And Heath Miller is getting old, so the no 1. TE position here is going to be open soon. Matt Spaeth showed potential, but Owen Daniels looked like a good weapon this season too. I don't care if these guys were Ravens. Anything to improve my team. Besides, we've signed players from other AFC North teams and other AFC North teams have signed players from us.

The Steelers also might want to pick up one or two of the many CBs that will be available, but they need to choose wisely, both here and in the draft. Our defense needs help. They need to try to keep Brice McCain, he was one of the few good CBs we had.

We should get another back up QB too. Gradkowski isn't bad, but Landry Jones is ass (the team never got a single point with him at QB in the preseason). Ben only has a few years left as well. He's going to be hard to replace...

Edited by Anacybele

Unless your OL is elite you won't want Justin Forsett, and Forsett wants to stay in Baltimore. Daniels also prefers Baltimore too and you run the risk of getting an injury prone TE. And Forsett's not settling for a backup role. At any rate, if we're not going TE in the draft and if Daniels doesn't work out (and possibly goes to Denver) I wouldn't mind Jermaine Gresham, but Ozzie won't sign like anyone unless they were on our team previously or cut. Pretty sure we're only going to really retain Forsett, Darian Stewart, and MAYBE Torrey Smith if its like a 3m/year contract. We might chase after Marshall if cut, and if Lynch is cut there's a chance we go after him.

Jedi - HBs in the draft are a dime a dozen so I wouldn't worry too much.

No, they prefer Baltimore. I didn't say they weren't free agents, I said they prefer to stay in Baltimore and the feeling is mutual.

Jury's out on Lynch.

Edited by Lord Raven

Alright, if you say so.

Steelers still need to get a TE and RB though, because of what I stated.

Btw, I just saw this. Steelers are no. 3 on this top ten list of challengers for the crown next season. :D The only teams ahead of them are the Packers, and of course, the Seahawks. Lord Raven, your Ravens are no. 5. I expected to see them on this list too given how much of a game they put up in the playoffs against the Pats.

Chris Wesseling hit the nail on the head though, as soon as Martavis Bryant got inserted into our offense, we got shit done (aside from a couple blunders) and broke records! The secondary and pass rushing just needs fixed, like he said.

Edited by Anacybele

No way the Steelers are above the Patriots and Ravens on that list. A healthy Ravens team is exactly as complete as the Patriots you just saw in the Super Bowl. A healthy Steelers team is not.