NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Well, that does make sense. But yeah, two out of three of Gay's 2014 pick-sixes were on the outside (the only one that wasn't was the one vs the Falcons), so I can see why.

Good video, btw. :)

Yeah, but the few times Ben DID throw to him, Heyward-Bey dropped it or he fumbled it. -_- He should really stick to blocking and special teams, you're right.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billicks chalk talks are good watches if you want to learn football theory in laymans terms.

At any rate what I described is everything to do with what they mean by QB-WR chemistry. It's part of the reason why Flacco puts up average stats every year, because we have so much (and I mean SO MUCH) turnover at receiver every year. It's also why players with average stats like Palmer, Flacco, Stafford, Eli Manning, and Sam Bradford receive so much praise; because they actually throw with very good anticipation. This is also a good chunk of why QBs bust, because it turns out that they played in an offense where receivers are wide open so they don't throw to someone before they are there, they just get the ball over to them in space.

It's also why I like playing in snow in madden, cause it makes things more exciting. I either get it to a receiver in stride knowing where they make their break or the receiver slips and I get picked off.

Edited by Lord Raven

I guess it's basically that a bad WR will make a good QB look average (maybe vice versa too). I mean, Flacco is a good QB, but he never exactly seems to have someone like Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, or AJ Green to throw to. Eli Manning has Odell Beckham Jr. now though, and Stafford has Calvin Johnson. Dunno about Palmer or Bradford.

So, on another topic, I'm really eager to see what Keith Butler will do with our defense. Steelers got a Super Bowl offense. They just need some defense and ring #7 is theirs! I'd love for Big Ben to get it too, he's a #7 himself. lol

Edited by Anacybele

The rumors are making me sick.

That we're moving to LA and Rivers trade. But, I bet after this season Rivers signs a 1 year deal. Since stadium voting in San Diego will be November 2016 iirc. And if it doesn't pass he can go retire as a 35 year old Quarterback.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Schedule doesn't come out for another 7 minutes. Stop crying.

OK, Bills schedule is brutal. Start with Colts, Pats and @Miami. If we survive that, we can be 5-2 or 6-1 going into the bye (Giants, @Ten, Cincy and @Jax in London). Rest of the schedule is pretty tough but managable. Three back to back division games with two of them primetime (Thursday @Jets and Monday @Pats) followed by @KC, Houston and @Philly. Ending will be easier with @Washington, Dallas and Jets.

If we're 5-2 going into the bye, we can finish as good as 11-5 this season.

Edited by Oogie Fletzet

At least we drew Seattle in Baltimore. That game may as well be decided by home field - Seattle and Baltimore have like Top 3 home field. Also drew primetime against the Browns.

We're ending the season in Cincinnati for the third time in four years. God dammit.

Edited by Lord Raven

Starting off the season at Soldier Field? That's gonna be good. Followed up by taking care of unfinished business the week after vs. Seattle.

Also, this is the first time we play on Thanksgiving and it's NOT in Detroit :O A home game vs. the Bears at Lambeau on Thanksgiving? Must see TV. The fact that that game is where the Packers will be retiring Favre's jersey adds to the importance of that game.

Edited by Bullwine85

At least we drew Seattle in Baltimore. That game may as well be decided by home field - Seattle and Baltimore have like Top 3 home field. Also drew primetime against the Browns.

We're ending the season in Cincinnati for the third time in four years. God dammit.

Hey LR, You get to come to Arizona for a game! Our teams get to face off this year!

Also we get to be home vs the Saints to start the season.

Edited by Jedi

By the way, we are one of four teams this season (along with Jacksonville, Miami and Atlanta) to have 3 back to back road games. We're getting screwed.

Yeah I'm going to try to buy tickets for that game. If you're around I wouldn't mind planning something.

I'll see if I'm around there. That would be pretty awesome.

By the way, we are one of four teams this season (along with Jacksonville, Miami and Atlanta) to have 3 back to back road games. We're getting screwed.

We play 3 division games in the final 4 games of the season (4 of 5 last games are division)

Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders (Christmas let's ruin their Christmas), and Broncos.

Our last game is against Peyton Manning and the Broncos. So we should at least have 9-11 wins when we go against him.

As long as we're not plagued with injury I see us winning 10-12 games. As long as we can fill the hole at D-line and OLB.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

The NFL seems to have this obsession with stacking division games at the end of the season. I suppose they're all banking on having playoff-esque games during Week 16-17 in divisions where the teams are close. I can see it happening in a lot of divisions.

Hell, I just took a look at Week 17. They're ALL division games

^Yeah, us having to end the season vs the Browns just blows. I wanted a fun opponent again like the Bengals last season. THAT was a thriller for a final game! It came down to the division title! Hopefully Steelers vs Ravens in week 16 will decide the AFC North champs though. Well, unless my Steelers already clinch it by then, somehow. :P

Opening the season vs the Patriots is going to hurt if DeAngelo Williams can't produce well enough in Bell's place. We really missed Bell in that playoff game... Sure, he can't run a lot against the Ravens' D, but he's also a hell of a blocker and receiver. Ben Tate sucks and Dri Archer and Josh Harris just weren't ready, so a big ol' hole opened up in the offense and Big Ben got more pressure and you do the math. I can't imagine how they got more points than they did in the disaster that was week 2. Then again, Martavis Bryant wasn't a factor there and we were having big consistency issues then, so...

Anyway, I bet Colts fans are mad right now. lol The Colts have to play the Steelers in Pittsburgh again! Oh man, I was cracking up. XD Can the Colts not let Big Ben throw 6 TDs against them again? Or Luck get a butt-safety again? Haha!

I hate that we have to play the Chiefs yet again though. That's what, three times in four years now? Ugh. Oh well, I can at least hope to see them get crushed again. Loved seeing Jamaal Charles get stopped at fourth and inches by a defense that wasn't so great. :D

I swear though, if the Raiders are still bad and the Steelers go shitting themselves against them... -_-

Also, ROAST THE RAVENS ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS TIME! I know these guys can do it. Please don't give AB the boot though...whatever you do...

The Panthers appear to have a tough schedule just as the Steelers do, especially in the middle of the season. The Packers and Seahawks... ._. This might be a painful season for me to watch...

Edited by Anacybele

Kinda sad we don't get the Browns this year, the Jaguars haven't beaten any non-Browns, non-divisional AFC opponents since 2011 (and no victories against the AFC East or West since 2010).

...Wow, yeah, that's gotta hurt. I like the Jaguars myself too, I'd love to see them get good.

Oh yeah, guys, how about we start up a new thread now since we're talking about the next season? Lord Raven, if you REALLY really want to start it, then I would feel like I'm being mean if I say no. But if it doesn't matter, I'll go ahead then?

I'll start it tomorrow, I'll write something up tonight

Hell, I just took a look at Week 17. They're ALL division games

It's been like that since 2011 so people would stop resting their starters. Edited by Lord Raven

I'll start it tomorrow, I'll write something up tonight

It's been like that since 2011 so people would stop resting their starters.

Okay then. Hope it's good! :)

Really? But what was wrong with resting the starters?

Really? But what was wrong with resting the starters?

It's not entertaining. Look at Bills@Pats. It also encourages that games remain meaningful through Week 17. Think of the number of divisions and playoff spots that were decided in Week 17 last year - Ravens/Chargers/Texans were fighting over a playoff spot, Bengals/Steelers were fighting over the division which also determined where the Colts would seed (and the Colts needed to win in case the Bengals won and got the division), meanwhile the Patriots had nothing to play for. Cardinals/49ers and Rams/Seahawks decided the division based on wins or losses, Packers/Lions and Falcons/Panthers decided the division.

Before 2011 a lot of the Week 17 games were meaningless.

Edited by Lord Raven