NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Wow. My brother-in-law is probably pretty pissed right now at how the Packers blew it. I should probably not mention to him that I intend to root for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl (for the second year in a row) now. Especially since he already still hated the Seahawks for that Fail Mary game during the ref strike a few years ago.

Though, with the way the Patriots demolished the Colts, I don't think this is going to be an easy game.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit we have an up and coming dynasty.

Then a dynasty.

I don't want Seahawks to repeat because hype and bandwagon.

But it's an NFL obligation to "Fuck the Pats" want to go against Tom Brady.

Pats v Hawks seem pretty interesting.

hahahahahaha that ending was soooooooooo bad

colts got blown the fuck out, i don't think anyone is surprised.

EDIT: Better fuckin hire Adam Gase. Holy shit. Kyle Shanahan is out, and Kubiak is going to Denver...

Edited by Lord Raven

Final pick of the season:

Seattle vs. New England- I think the Seahawks defense might just be too much for the Patriots to handle- their defense tends to shine against teams without strong running games and the Patriots don't run the ball all that well. Packers scored more than usual against them, but that was probably due to an uncharacteristic number of turnovers.

I think the Seahawks window has just about closed and the Patriots might go back to like their 2011-ish state next year. I don't think they can keep up their secondary next year or even two years from now and the Ravens gave them a ridiculous scare, unless Belichick learns to draft well.

The issue is that Wilson's about to get a massive contract extension, and currently the Seahawks are looking like they're gonna be running on star power. Earl Thomas, Cliff Avril, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch who may just be retiring. You can't coach low picked DBs to be good forever, you know. They may get to "making the playoffs and competing" like Ravens, Patriots, etc of the past decade, but that's just about it.

Patriots are going to lose Revis at some point and Browner is poor at coverage. Brady's also gotta go downhill some time.

I think the Seahawks window has just about closed and the Patriots might go back to like their 2011-ish state next year. I don't think they can keep up their secondary next year or even two years from now and the Ravens gave them a ridiculous scare, unless Belichick learns to draft well.

The issue is that Wilson's about to get a massive contract extension, and currently the Seahawks are looking like they're gonna be running on star power. Earl Thomas, Cliff Avril, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch who may just be retiring. You can't coach low picked DBs to be good forever, you know. They may get to "making the playoffs and competing" like Ravens, Patriots, etc of the past decade, but that's just about it.

Patriots are going to lose Revis at some point and Browner is poor at coverage. Brady's also gotta go downhill some time.

Belichick has actually drafted a good portion of the defense in recent years. 1st round pick used on McCourty, traded up (in the first round of the SAME DRAFT) to select both Chandler Jones and Hightower, Collins was taken in the 2nd round that next pick. Kyle Arrington was also a draft pick from further back, and he's been competing extremely well in the slot the past few years (this year especially.) Revis and Browner are 2 out of maybe 3 starters on the defense that Bill didn't draft.

WRT Revis, I think he stays in New England, especially if he wins the Super Bowl in 2 weeks. Tom Brady restructured his contract to free up some insane amount of money (upwards of $20 mil, I believe) which will be spent wisely on players like Revis and McCourty this offseason. Bill has been tight with the wallet in the past, but he is quick to recognize that money is well-spent on defensive playmakers.

Also I'm picking the Patriots in SB49 ;)

EDIT: Anyone see what Russell Wilson said about his 4 INTs? He claimed it was God's work to make the ending of the game that much more dramatic and special. Holy fuck I hope the Patriots shit on this team and especially golden boy Russ

Edited by chococoke

EDIT: Anyone see what Russell Wilson said about his 4 INTs? He claimed it was God's work to make the ending of the game that much more dramatic and special. Holy fuck I hope the Patriots shit on this team and especially golden boy Russ

Have you ever been around a religious person or...?

The Seahawks winning yesterday should not have happened. Now all I can hope for is that they finally lose their over hyped luck vs the Patriots.

Have you ever rooted for an AFC team or...?

Edited by Lord Raven

russell wilson is a smart dude but any religious person would say that sort of absurd shit. cam newton said that god was watching out for him when he got into his car accident. people are conditioned to think this way from a young age and it's hard for them to look at it from a secular point of view.

Uh, why can't you guys just let them be religious instead of insulting them? I'm not into religion myself, but I'm not going to insult them for believing God was on their side.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not attacking being religious itself; I just find it to be an incredibly arrogant statement. You mean to tell me you played worse than horse shit NOT by your own doing, but because it was all part of making some sort of miraculous, dramatic comeback? When any one of 4 different plays would have won the game for the Packers? That sort of absurdity pisses me off quite a bit

EDIT: Also, dondon, I feel that saying God is watching out for you and protecting you from a car crash is much, MUCH different than saying he made you play like shit so you could win in spectacular fashion

Edited by chococoke

EDIT: Also, dondon, I feel that saying God is watching out for you and protecting you from a car crash is much, MUCH different than saying he made you play like shit so you could win in spectacular fashion

why would god need to protect someone from a car crash when he could prevent the car crash from happening altogether?

religious people have blinders when it comes to these sorts of things. i'm not really attacking anyone for being religious; i'm explaining to chococoke that they are prone to believe in these sorts of illogical things regardless of their level of intelligence. of course the statement "god wanted me to win" seems arrogant to a secular person. after all, weren't the packers fervently hoping to win? weren't there certainly many members on both teams who prayed to god for victory?

russell wilson probably isn't aware that what he's saying can be interpreted as being arrogant. in the secular vernacular, what he probably means is something along the lines of "man that was fucking insane and can be chalked up to many occurrences that were out of my hands." he just has a different vernacular, and we shouldn't be so angry at him for it.

Edited by dondon151

I would disagree with this. I think the NFL playoffs are far more of a crapshoot than we might want to admit. Its not like the NBA playoffs where only the top teams have a real chance at winning. Just look at your Ravens. The year they won it all they were a much, much worse team for most of season than they were the two years prior. I think any team that makes the playoffs ultimately has a shot. I mean the freaking Giants literally won a super bowl with a -6 net point differential.

Even if the Pats can't re-sign Revis and D-Mac, and Brady takes a step back, no other team in the AFC East looks ready to dethrone them in the immediate future. So you can pretty much pencil them in for a playoff spot, and that's all it takes to have a shot.

Seahawks are a different story tho. There's a chance that they may lose both Wilson and Lynch in the off-season, and if that happens they might have the worst offense in the league next year.

Oh, Wilson might not stay with the Seahawks? If he doesn't, of course I want my Steelers to sign him, if it's possible. Ben only has two or three years left in him, I think and Wilson is a young face. The way that guy scrambles around and stuff, he'd be a good replacement. He's an accurate thrower too, so he should be a good match for our receivers, especially AB with those hands of his.

Let's not turn this thread into some angsty religion debate guys.

Also whatever Wilson's comment was, no way was it more arrogant than Rodgers literally saying "We were the better team". Especially with how poorly he played. Packers fans can blame that poor special teams guy all they want for the collapse, but the truth is if Rodgers had done anything at all offensively with the turnovers the Hawks gifted him, the game would have been over at half-time.

Such a sore loser. I don't recall anyone from the Lions or Cowboys saying something of the sort after getting screwed by the refs.

Oh, Wilson might not stay with the Seahawks? If he doesn't, of course I want my Steelers to sign him, if it's possible. Ben only has two or three years left in him, I think and Wilson is a young face. The way that guy scrambles around and stuff, he'd be a good replacement. He's an accurate thrower too, so he should be a good match for our receivers, especially AB with those hands of his.

He's a free agent at the end of the year, and there's a large chance some celler-dweller team desperate for a QB will give him a max deal that the Hawks can't afford. It comes down to whether he wants the money, or would take a smaller deal to stay in a city where he is a hero and has a better chance of remaining competitive.

When we win we started 9-2 and got healthy enough on OL and the offense in generally (and the D was okay) to win it. 3 game losing skid doesn't make us a bad team.

At any rate the teams that get in with consistency are typically the most complete teams. Who were the most complete teams on the afc side? What about the nfc side? The only team in championship round that didn't deserve to be there so to speak were the colts.

Also the heat of the moment - taking your team to a second super bowl - would make anyone sound somewhat like they don't make sense as well. With a win like that and being put on the spot immediately you just try to pray and thank god in any way possible if you're like wilson, or talk copius amounts of shit if you're Richard Sherman, or just sit there and go "yeah we played well enough to win and my teammates made me play well and we are onto the super bowl" like joe Flacco. Or saying fancy sounding words which actually don't make sense like R. Lewis

Edited by Lord Raven

I would disagree with this. I think the NFL playoffs are far more of a crapshoot than we might want to admit. Its not like the NBA playoffs where only the top teams have a real chance at winning. Just look at your Ravens. The year they won it all they were a much, much worse team for most of season than they were the two years prior. I think any team that makes the playoffs ultimately has a shot. I mean the freaking Giants literally won a super bowl with a -6 net point differential.

like the '06 bears?

lol okay maybe I'm just a spiteful fan and read into that the wrong way, I certainly wasn't trying to spark any debate on religion; I just construed his statement as arrogance

Still sticking with my SB pick

EDIT: Also, trust a Pats fan: the NFL playoffs are an insane crapshoot. The Pats have lost at home as the top seed to teams such as the Jets, the Ravens, and were heavy, HEAVY favorites in both Super Bowls that they ended up losing. A hot QB is all you need to win it all once January starts

Edited by chococoke

oh yeah, i remember the '06 Bears. they barely beat Seattle, who were frankly pretty bad, in the first round (Hester had 3 fumbles but the Bears recovered all of them), then they dominated a very good Saints team in the NFC title game. Sexy Rexy was a roller coaster, man.

btw, Russell Wilson not signing long-term with the Seahawks is about as likely as him becoming an atheist.

He's a free agent at the end of the year, and there's a large chance some celler-dweller team desperate for a QB will give him a max deal that the Hawks can't afford. It comes down to whether he wants the money, or would take a smaller deal to stay in a city where he is a hero and has a better chance of remaining competitive.

Yeah, that's why I don't have my hopes up high for Hustle Russell eventually wearing black and gold. Other teams are QB needy as well and it'd only make sense for him to visit them first. Either that, or, as you said, he'll stay where he's been leading a team to Super Bowls.

Edited by Anacybele