Farming Champions of Yore 1 Dry?

So I'm new to these forums.

*applause*

I'm a new Fire Emblem character, but I absolutely love Awakening. Can't find a better RPG out there.

Thing is, I tend to be someone who in the terms of Pokémon, must get the perfect movesets.

But this isn't Pokémon. So... would it be skillsets?
Yes, let's go with that.

This tends to require a good bit of second seals, and the occasional master seal, training in the EXP DLC. Usually one, maybe even two Master Seals, and 3-5 Second Seals are used per character.

Getting them is a challenge for sure. I can always farm Harvest Scramble for that Master Seal, but I've come into trouble finding the Second ones.

Anna sells them, yes, I'm aware of this. But there's no guarantee that she'll have them in stock, should she even appear on the map, for which me and my horrid luck, is never.

So, I've looked around, and apparently that Champions of Yore villages, in the first one, tend to have the second seals, and the occasional Door.

What's the thing called... The blue little... Hmm... Well, you kn- Rift Door! Yes, that.

I tend to find those, yes. But as of late, instead of finding the Second Seals and Rift Doors, mixed in with the every-now-and-then Goddess Icon or Secret Book, I'm finding... Towering Bows and Bronze Weapons, every time. I usually have my plan to go to the villages planned out, save, and then put it into effect. Should I not get what I desire, I turn off my game, go back to the saved point, and try again, as they WILL change.

So does anyone have any ideas what I can do? More importantly, am I losing my mind, or am I REALLY running the map dry of resources I can get? Has anyone got any other Second Seals from Champions of Yore 2 or 3?

Again, I'm new to these forums... so if I'm doing something wrong, I apologize...

You can buy Second Seals later on if you beat on of the children's paralogues? Same with Master Seals. You can reclass enough that you can just level over again and not need stat boosters really.

You can buy Second Seals later on if you beat on of the children's paralogues? Same with Master Seals. You can reclass enough that you can just level over again and not need stat boosters really.

Literally this.

Villages in DLC are random and therefore will give you random stuff.

To Bronze Weapons to Rift Doors.

Yeah yeah yeah, I realize that. I desire to get them all early in the game.

So am I really draining the chapter dry?

I'll ask again, do the other Champions of Yore give out the Seals? Any proof, or anyone got any first hand?

I'll ask again, do the other Champions of Yore give out the Seals? Any proof, or anyone got any first hand?

They do, but as I said, its like grabbing for an unknown prize.

Its randomized. You're just getting very lucky.

So... I'm just having really, REALLY bad luck on Champions of Yore 1? Or... is it for real' drained?

You're just having bad luck. Also, CoY2, if you can complete it, might be better since you can get both villages on turn 1.

To the best of my knowledge the item you get is completely random (unbiased) among the majority of items and weapons in the game. So the chance of picking up a Second Seal, Master Seal or Rift Door is something like 2%. You'd have to play the map a LOT to grind out the items you want.

You're probably better off buying the Second Seals from a more reliable source, like a shop. With the amount of grinding you're doing the entire game is going to be pretty trivial anyway, I expect, even on Lunatic, so it probably doesn't matter too much.

Well, makes sense.

I know the Champions of Yore 2 and 3 give better loot. Does anyone know if they give out the Second Seals and Rift Doors, though?

I know the Champions of Yore 2 and 3 give better loot.

I don't know if that's true, I think both just give random stuff. Might be wrong though. I don't think anyone has done any extensive research.

The loot is the same with the exception of 1 map.

It's unbiased for basically all items.

Swords: 21 possible

Lances: 18 possible

Axes: 19 possible

Bows: 15 possible

Tomes: 24 possible

Staves: 11 possible

Stones: 4 possible

Consumables: 33 possible

Total: 145 possible items from DLC village/chest.

Chance of any 1 item: 0.68965517241379310344827586206897%

The exception are the 3 chests on Infinite Regalia which have a 2.x% of any 1 item- and those are always legendary weapons or the bolt axe. [and the prfs]

Ahh.

So since it seems I've drained the first map, I should... possibly try the other two? For now, and see the results?

No, it's just random. If you're bored of CoY1 then move on, but it won't change what's dropping (unless you move on to Infinite Regalia, but that's different).

Regardless of what map you're on, you're only getting a .6% Chance of drop for anything.

All the maps are the same lootwise, except IR.

[For instance looting the chests by ??? on FP1 have the same yield as looting the village on LB3]

Otherwise, random loot gonna be random.

Edited by Airship Canon

Are you POSITIVE about this?

Because again, I've been trying for the past hour, and I get a weapon of steel making, or less. Or some bow I don't need. Again, I've never received these items, and went along with it. I've always reset.

So there's still a chance, a CHANCE, to get that Rift Door or Second Seal?

There is ALWAYS a chance to get Rift Doors, Second Seals, or Master Seals from villages. There is no such thing as "draining a map dry" of its items. Any item can spawn on any map. Every time you stop at a village, the item that you get is calculated independently from whatever item you got last time. Same goes for the sparkling squares, though you're not guaranteed items from those. Neither of these methods are reliable, which is why it is infinitely easier to buy them from shops.

But seriously, dude, you're trying to go into the first gym with a level 100 IV bred EV trained team. You don't need Hyper Beam levels of power until the postgame. From one Pokémon player to another just...chill, okay? Take it easy. You don't need to optimize your in-game team, especially when there is effectively no level cap in this game. Any unit can become any class and get any skill at any time, so there's no need to run yourself ragged training up on Caterpies that aren't worth the exp.

Assuming you're doing 2 minute clears and getting both villages, that's 60 rolls/hour

If you're looking for a Seal [example]:

You've only got about a 33.980931609000435751006888630274% in those 60 attempts to have gotten 1.

Chances are just low, that's all there is to it.

Ha... thanks for the info.

This is probably causing more stress than fun...

Alright. Well, now that I know that, onward to continue the story.

Thanks for all the help to those who answered. *bows*

I would only choose buying a 2nd 3DS console for self-StreetPassing to get those early-game exclusive items infinitely.

This method is slightly overrated because 3dses don't re-streetpass instantly- it usually takes around a day for my team to show up again.

If you really need more Second Seals now (which is massive overkill even for Lunatic+), it's slightly faster to farm the event tiles in the Scramble Pack for Rift Doors. There aren't any Second Seals you can get there, but the chance of getting a Rift Door is a little higher, you can get more tries per turn, and the other loot is better in general.

Won't that destroy all your DLC...?

You won't have anything important on your 2nd 3DS, will you?

P.S. Without formatting 2nd 3DS, we still can buy items infinitely with the following method:

Buy 3DS-A team's items -> quit game & put the cart into 3DS-B -> buy 3DS-B team's items -> quit game & put the cart back into 3DS-A -> repeat these operations

P.S.2 If having HomePass, we can receive a same remote tag synchronously on several 3DS consoles.

Edited by MelonGx

Can't buy Rift Doors either.

I recommend grinding a little on EXP Growth, curbstomping the game until Chapter 16, then buy as many Second Seals as you want.