ZemZem

let's see...

sceptile

timid / modest 252 spA 252 speed

giga drain / energy ball / leaf storm

dragon pulse

focus miss

hidden power rock

well, despite that being all of what sceptile can do, he has really good stats, so it doesn't matter too much. seems like it would at least be UU.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-132697884

Here's an RU battle I just did (and won!). I should have sent Yanmega out before Braviary did, though, so Braviary could've been around in case things were nasty with Dugtrio. I miscalculated Jolteon's speed, and it still outsped my scarfed Braviary, but alas. Fun battle overall.

So I just had a horrible idea...

Gengar @ Focus Sash

Timid 252 HP 4 Def 252 Speed

Taunt

Destiny bond

Counter

Spite

I was thinking of stuff that could be a decent lead and destroy Sucker Punch and I found it. Or you can just run an all out attacking set with spite. Specifically Mega Mawile. They want to set up? Taunt. You think they'll go for play rough? Counter or destiny bond. Sucker Puch? GUBNSGJCDHXSFGBGWFJJCYJAQOHOOPXFHB SPITE.

Gengar @ Life Orb

Timid 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Speed

Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb

Focus Miss

Shadow Ball

Spite

Blah blah blah coverage. Screw Mega Mawile sweeps.

EDIT: well, spite takes 4 pp and not seven...

Edited by Comet

So I'm trying to build a couple of teams centered around sticky web, but I've got a big question. Is it worth it to still put max investment into speed for my attackers if I'm using sticky web? Some Pokemon I'm using or heavily considering are Megazard Y, Tyranitar, Lucario, Infernape, Latios, etc. So would you guys recommend still opting for Jolly/Timid natures on most of my attackers, or should I focus more on attack stats while just maintaining some benchmarks of speed (for instance, with 286 spd I only miss out on outspeeding Megakazam and Deoxys, among sticky-web affected Pokemon, which I have sucker punch for).

I have both a SS-Gourgeist spin blocker and a Defiant Bisharp on my team to protect sticky web, and have a sashed Galvantula lead to lay sticky web. The increased attack power is really tempting, since my team is currently exclusively offensive outside of hazard control, but I recognize that a fair few Pokemon aren't affected by sticky web, and there is always a chance something will go wrong and I won't get sticky web up.

Thoughts?

Huh. You're asking if most of your Pokemon should run Timid/Jolly natures, right? I'd say so, though I usually have my scarfers run Adamant/Modest and my banders/specers run Timid/Jolly.

Huh. You're asking if most of your Pokemon should run Timid/Jolly natures, right? I'd say so, though I usually have my scarfers run Adamant/Modest and my banders/specers run Timid/Jolly.

Yeah, I plan to have sticky web down all the time, so it seems similar to using a scarf where running Timid/Jolly with max speed EV investment is overkill. However sticky web doesn't hit flyers/levitaters, and there is also slim chance someone might be able to get rid of or block sticky web, so in those cases I would actually need the higher speed facilitated by Jolly/Timid.

I'm leaning toward accepting that I might get outsped by flyers and go Modest/Adamant.

Make sure you can deal with lati@s, the genie trio, and Talonflame, and you should be good to go.

Other (semi) important stuff I can think of that bypasses sticky web: Starptor, Flygon, salamence, azelf, Aerodactyl, bisharp (not immune, but defiant), rotom.

Edited by Comet

• 2 weeks later...

I would have guessed they'd hit Xzard before Aegis. Is it really that much of a problem?

Edit: And once again, the thread has valid arguments for a ban. Surprising.

Edited by Alg

I'm bored.

unfezant_male_by_xous54-d4my0on.png

"Hello. I am Unfezant, and I have a movepool more barren than Fearow."

EV Spread: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Sp Def

Nature: Adamant/Jolly (Adamant if you want more firepower, Jolly if you want to outspeed things more reliably. This thing is most definitely NU, so probably Adamant is better for it.)

Ability: Super Luck

Item: Choice Band

Moveset:

~Return

~Quick Attack

~U-Turn

~Steel Wing/Aerial Ace

Due to the fact that Unfezant has an abysmal moveset (seriously, it doesn't have Brave Bird, Acrobatics, or even Drill Peck. Sure, it has Sky Attack to make use of, which is the strongest Flying move in the game, but hell no, I'm not running that with a Power Herb), this is probably the best set it can make use of. Return is its strongest move and can definitely 1HKO a good portion of NU mons. Quick Attack is solid priority to pick off weakened mons. U-Turn is used to put a dent in Grass, Psychic, and Dark types such as Sceptile, Uxie, and Shiftry, as well as switch out to a better mon to handle the job. As for the last option, Steel Wing can surprise Rock types, while Aerial Ace helps to hit Grass types harder than U-Turn does, as well as Fighting and Bug types.

...Seriously? It doesn't even get Drill Peck? WTF GF. This thing has good offensive stats, and I could probably see it in RU if it had something like Brave Bird. At least it has potential to be a terror in NU.

Edited by ZM©

Unfezant is still slower than the majority of threats in nu, such as sneasel, magmar, and electabuzz. Nice try though.

Okay, I'll give the bird some credit for hitting decently hard. He still gets destroyed by steel types though.

weakness policy carracosta is better

Also fletchinder is UU.... Cool, I guess...

Edited by Comet

Staraptor be scary.

Man, earlygame birds have been getting better:

Pidgeot: NU

Noctowl: NU

Swellow: NU (fairly good in NU, though, but does alright in RU, IIRC)

Staraptor: OU

Unfezant: NU (better than Pidgeot and Noctowl, though)

Talonflame: OU

Overall they've been improving.

Huh. Can't say I'm surprised. Honestly, I'd say something like Shadow Tag that can be as game-changing as it is would be banworthy.