X/Y Smogon Metagame Thoughts

ZemZem

So then would you run Iron Head/EQ/Explosion/Ice Shard or Iron Head/EQ/Explosion/Double Edge (or body slam?)?

I can battle at around 10:00 only sadly

if you're still ready then, hit me up and we shall duke it out

I have a couple new friends you might like

I'd run:

~Explosion

~Return/Body Slam/Double Edge

~Earthquake

~Filler (something like Ice Shard or Spikes, I guess)

Ah, cool. I have some new pals, too. Can't wait.

Edited by Z.M.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed in Sharpedo's speed. They should have switched it with it's special attack.

Beedrill is one Attack Order/Gunk Shot away from being a god.

Salamence is almost certainly going to get suspected.

Metagross's special attack is usable so Grass Knot is finally a thing.

Edit: New egg moves http://pastebin.com/hzFmncB6

Shiny Megas http://i.imgur.com/9F7ZnKX.png

New Level up moves http://pastebin.com/16baa7Yk

GYARADOS GETS CRUNCH!!!

Edited by Spaceman Craig

So of the new Megas a couple will probably be moved to ubers within a month or two. Salamence and Metagross jump out to me. Great stats with some kick ass abilities in aerialate and tough claw respectively kinda reminds me of mega lucario. Loppuny looks cool ATM, and audino might actually do better than I originally thought.

Metagross probably isn't going to ubers unless it gets something disgusting like Shift Gear or Heavy Slam.

Salamence is ridiculous and needs to be suspected immediately.

I'm more worried about Slowbro. That thing is going to be annoying as all hell.

but metagross has similar offensive capabilities as salamence, only it has more bulk with a better typing and a slightly worse ability imo.

No Dragon Dance and Steel and Psychic aren't as good as an offensive type as Flying. It's also weak to Sucker Punch which I expect to be more common than Ice Shard

but sucker punch doesnt ohko, off any unboosted mons. and more importantly mega sceptile outspeeds and ohkos salamence. and we have other mons such as weavile still out speed and can ohko without even having a mega. not saying that salamence wont be banned to ubers, it almost certainly will, i just dont think it will be the only one to get the boot.

Mega Metagross has no way of boosting its Attack aside from Hone Claws and Meteor Mash procs and its best STABs are weak as far as high-level STABs. Speed is no problem with Agility (throw on 28 Speed EVs and you're beating Scarf 110s) and sure it's bulky but 4 MSS is going to bite it in the shiny metal ass.

ladies and gentlement, i present mega gallade to you

252+ Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 147-174 (44 - 52%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 292-345 (87.4 - 103.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Yes, Beedrill gets Poison Jab. Hopefully they fix some things up before release to give it Attack Order/Megahorn/Gunk Shot.

I decided to run this set for Mega Sceptile:

~Energy Ball

~Leaf Storm

~Dragon Pulse

~Focus Blast

Grass, Dragon, and Fighting all hit everything neutrally together, so this isn't too bad. I'd rather run a purely specially offensive Mega Sceptile than a mixed/physical one, so I feel this set will get some work done. Hopefully GF fixes things up to expand on Sceptile's special movepool before release. It's just so barren. If not, this set will have to do.

Yes, Beedrill gets Poison Jab. Hopefully they fix some things up before release to give it Attack Order/Megahorn/Gunk Shot.

I decided to run this set for Mega Sceptile:

~Energy Ball

~Leaf Storm

~Dragon Pulse

~Focus Blast

Grass, Dragon, and Fighting all hit everything neutrally together, so this isn't too bad. I'd rather run a purely specially offensive Mega Sceptile than a mixed/physical one, so I feel this set will get some work done. Hopefully GF fixes things up to expand on Sceptile's special movepool before release. It's just so barren. If not, this set will have to do.

Why energy ball over giga drain?

Also, my predictions (coming from someone who is not smart)

Swampert- UU

Sceptile- RU or UU

Sableye- UU

Altaria- RU

Gallade- UU

Audino- RU or UU

Sharpedo- RU or UU

Slowbro- OU (really just because Slowbro is already OU)

Steelix- NU maybe RU

Pidgeot- NU/RU, maybe higher if boomburst

Glalie- RU maybe UU

Diancie- OU

Metagross- OU

Camerupt- RU

Lopunny- UU

Salamence- OU and beyond

Beedrill- UU

but I'm not very good at pokemon so I don't really know

Edited by Captain Duck

Why energy ball over giga drain?

Also, my predictions (coming from someone who is not smart)

Swampert- UU

Sceptile- RU or UU

Sableye- UU

Altaria- RU

Gallade- UU

Audino- RU or UU

Sharpedo- RU or UU

Slowbro- OU (really just because Slowbro is already OU)

Steelix- NU maybe RU

Pidgeot- NU/RU, maybe higher if boomburst

Glalie- RU maybe UU

Diancie- OU

Metagross- OU

Camerupt- RU

Lopunny- UU

Salamence- OU and beyond

Beedrill- UU

but I'm not very good at pokemon so I don't really know

slowbro is actually UU.

my predictions:

[spoiler=Swampert]UU

basically a stronger version of what he already is, not outstanding for ou though. if people have problems with him, they can just use tangrowth more.

[spoiler=Sceptile

UU

better version of himself, but gets walled by florges, one of the most common in usage

[spoiler=Sableye

UU

lose an awesome ability, get an almost as awesome ability with better stats

[spoiler=Altaria

UU

regular altaria is actually pretty decent, and his mega is just a HUGE upgrade. he has a good ability as a non mega for the purpose of absorbing status. dragon/fairy is a cool typing, and he can do dragon dance, support, or be specially based with pixilate hyper voices.

[spoiler=Gallade]Borderline

he hits like a freight train, mmk? however, he isn't the fastest thing in the world and shadow sneak is the best priority he has.

[spoiler=Audino

UU

it's sylveon with physical bulk but without pixilate hyper voice and leftovers.

[spoiler=Sharpedo

OU

speed boost makes it really fast, then you mega and wreck souls.

[spoiler=Slowbro]UU

gets better stats upon evolution but loses regenerator. meh.

[spoiler=Steelix]RU

regular steelix with better stats. also doesn't have sturdy. he can also set up rocks and phase with dragon tail.

[spoiler=Pidgeot]UU

decently fast with 100% accurate hurricane and workable coverage with enough power to back it up.

[spoiler=Glalie]RU

lol ice type

[spoiler=Diancie]OU

seems too good for uu

[spoiler=Metagross]OU

it's like regular metagross but with a choice band.

[spoiler=Camerupt]RU

seems like it'll be able to tank stuff well even with its horrible defensive typing.

[spoiler=Lopunny]UU

decent coverage, good power, fast.

[spoiler=Salamence]Ubers

base 120 speed after a dragon dance is really fast, and salamence has more than enough power to contend there.

[spoiler=Beedrill]UU

his stats with adaptability are amazing, and he has just enough coverage to work. it's too bad that priority exists though.