Mafia Question of the Whenever - LYLO

Prims

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think bomb is overpowered but it's really stupid

I might enjoy Mason more if I actually had a mason buddy that was active, but I could also see me just getting complacent

I enjoy Cop and JoAT. Backup roles are cool too but I don't think I've ever rolled one.

it's basically oracle on steroids. If you can draw the kill you kill scum for sure, but you trade away being able to offer yourself for a lynch (that's for nubs though) and risk taking a Vig down with you (which is also for nubs).

Would like a try at day-vig. JoAT sounds fun, but also redirecting/Driver could be potentially fun (until I end up redirecting scum kill from a Vanilla townie to Doc or cop...). Or maybe role nullifier/modifier in some regard.

well i'm taking this over now and it's almost been a day

Day 3: You rolled mafia! What role do you want to see in your Role PM the most?

obligatory mirror question

[spoiler=Badass Mafia Role PM]

Refa, you are Balthier, Mafia Leading Man.

"Princess! No need to worry. I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies."

You are the epitome of masculinity and class and are confident, but not selfish. You were made into a Judge at only sixteen, which is more proof you're the greatest, but politics happened and you left and stole a ship that you made better and called the Strahl and became a sky pirate. Then you become the main character of FF12. Not that loser Vaan, not the princess, you. Several of your lines say so, meaning it must be true. It is you who heroically stops the Bahamut from wrecking Rabanastre, and then returns despite appearing to sacrifice himself because the leading man never dies. Now you are here to be a sky pirate again and have assembled a team of other guys to do that.

Because you are so dashing and obviously protagonist material, nobody would ever suspect you of being a member of the Mafia. As such, on investigation, you will innocent on all alliance checks.

You have a companion, Fran, who you can send on intelligence missions. Each night you may respond to this role PM "Night X: Sending Fran to chat with USER." USER will be charmed into telling Fran their character name, role name, and any abilities they may have. Because this is not you, you will not be seen performing this action, and this ability will not show up on other abilities that would see your role.

Being a sky pirate, you have several talents that can help you find more information about people. You may use each of the following once each, and only one per night.
-"Examining all of USER's items." You will casually take all of USERs belongings and use them to determine their character name, role name, and any abilities they may have. However, you are a gentleman, and thus will return all the items... they probably suck anyway.
-"Noting USER's movements in the Strahl." You will keep track of USER's visiting that night and learn whoever they target and what actions they use.
-"Keeping the Strahl over USER's home." You will watch over USER that night and learn who targeted them and what actions were used.

You are aligned with the Mafia and win if all hostile forces are eliminated.

Edited by Refa

HONESTLY ID PREFER A ROLE LIKE KAOZ'S FROM THAT ONE GAME WHERE HE DIDNT HAVE TO POST AT ALL.

I like it when I don't have to do things and I can play from behind the scenes.

But no realistically. Probably redirector.

Anything but mafia role cop, seriously. I think I've been some form of role cop in all but two of my scum games, I'm so sick of that role. I even rolled SK role cop once, which was cool because of the varied type of kills, but still ANYTHING BUT ROLE COP.

Oh yeah, I'd prefer not to get Role Cop or Roleblocker. Honestly (and this includes what I said about Town Roleblocker), I'm not mad or even upset if I get them, it's more like "*sigh* Here we go again..." sort of feeling, if that makes sense. I'm pretty happy with whatever Role PM I get, lol.

if you're actually wondering, my answer is mafia tailor

surprise!

With or without the Gatito pin? :P:

That being said. . .lynch bomb. Just to piss off the town~!

I still like Bus Driver. As mafia you can easily figure out things to screw town, and if the town's foolish to push vigshots on to a player you can drive that player and get someone else killed. I haven't rolled BD as mafia but I did decide the drive in Trainwreck mafia which unknowingly helped us(the scumteam) a lot.

Roles like roleblocker/ kidnapper are actually dumb as mafia( kidnapper sucks regardless of alignment) because more often than not you can link scum motives with them.

Roles like Watcher/ Tracker or even Voyeur/Follower are better because its easier to claim/fake without people think you're making horrible claims. Gimmick roles are also good.

Edited by Bluedoom

Oh yeah, I'd like to roll Witch (fuck Witch) as Mafia just to make someone else suffer.

Roles like roleblocker/ kidnapper are actually dumb as mafia( kidnapper sucks regardless of alignment) because more often than not you can link scum motives with them.

Roles like Watcher/ Tracker or even Voyeur/Follower are better because its easier to claim/fake without people think you're making horrible claims. Gimmick roles are also good.

Fuck Kidnapper, but figuring out the role is coming from scum doesn't matter if you can't find the roleblocker themselves, so I don't really see the problem here?

Edited by SB.

Fuck Kidnapper, but figuring out the role is coming from scum doesn't matter if you can't find the roleblocker themselves, so I don't really see the problem here?

Well its a problem at massclaim really.

Oh I forgot to mention Networker/ Neighbourizer as mafia is an AMAZING role since if you play well you can mole and those roles are usually seen as townie roles.

Well its a problem at massclaim really.

well you have to claim something other than Hooker but even so it's a pretty necessary role for scum to have IMO.