Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we'll be able to dress up May as much as we can dress up Serena.

Also as of this, gen 1 will be the only gen not on a DS system and without the physical/special split. Gen 1 remake remakes wen?

I'm really, SO FRIGGIN HAPPY FOR THIS.

Hoenn was my first game in the form of Emerald, and it got me into the series, so it holds a really special place in my heart <3. I can't wait to see everyone again, like Steven, Phoebe, etc. That also means that we'll be able to (hopefully) get some new artwork for the characters, and update them! I'm just so happy gahhh ;_;

I have a funny feeling that these aren't Mega evolutions, but rather the "Origin" Forme. Alike to Giratina. (With the Orbs I means, since you know... Red Orb, Blue Orb. lol)

These forms looks like they're ancient rather than what their form we knows them as were.

Edited by Fateborn

I have a funny feeling that these aren't Mega evolutions, but rather the "Origin" Forme. Alike to Giratina. (With the Orbs I means, since you know... Red Orb, Blue Orb. lol)

These forms looks like they're ancient rather than what their form we knows them as were.

Doesn't someone in X/Y say that Mega Evolution is only found in Kalos? And doesn't Sycamore say something about needing to do further research as to why this is? (Let's ignore the fact that TPC used Mega Evolution in Origins...)

That being said, it is a game mechanic they probably plan to still use going forward, but perhaps Game Freak plans on modifying it to just be a general mid-battle form(e) change, of which Mega Evolution would become a sub-category?

(Honestly, I think it might be something like a "regional" version of MEv - Hoenn wouldn't have Mega Evolution per se, but there would be some kind of "replacement" for it that still enabled the changes, possibly even something man-made. (Then again, we don't really know where the Mega Stones and Key Stones even come from, so they could be man-made also...)

[spoiler=New Rayquaza Forms?]1507078_1420904821506269_126812951427674

And cool mega forms for Swampert and Sceptile ^^

Is it just me, or that shadow of the rayquaza's new form looks a lot like a mix of Salamance and Metagross?

Edited by Nobody

Is that legit?

I'd say probably not. The logos at the bottom don't have the Omega/Alpha thing from the video. They say Blaze Ruby and <Something> Sapphire.

Since they confirmed they'll be remakes, I'm not expecting much from these games at all. Hoenn in 3D isn't a good enough reason to take my money, especially considering it's my least favorite gen.

-Shrug-

I'll change the title if it's misleading. What would be a good word to use? The title is kinda long as it is

Ah, sorry, I didn't intend to sound critical. I just thought to spark some fast speculation beyond what one would normally expect of a Pokemon remake. Given how little information has been revealed I think your title is perfectly reasonable.

Either way, they confirmed it was a remake at the investor meeting yesterday. (in unrelated news, SMTxFE still has a TBD release date)

Also, I added hi res boxart to the OP a little while ago feel free to stare at it. (and click it for full size) I actually found a small error with the blur they used on Groudon's tail. lol

Edited by L95

Here's the official confirmation that these will be remakes.

Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ended March 2014

Scroll down.

06.jpg
The announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, “Pokémon Omega Ruby” and “Pokémon Alpha Sapphire” will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance “Pokémon Ruby” and “Pokémon Sapphire” games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide.