Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

I would love that. Perhaps you could get them as a reward in Rustburo for helping the Devon guy, or from Steven for delivering the letter to him?

We'll have to see. Steven's definitely giving us the Steel Wing TM, though.

Edited by ZM©

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...why are the evil teams always like, identical in terms of hair/skin/eye color? Are they like specific races with a grudge or something? I can't decide if Team Aqua is ethnic or just really really tan. If they ARE ethnic, what ethnicity, I wonder....?

Yeah maybe. I kinda like the ethnic idea though lol. It be nice to acknowledge that it's not all just white people in the world of Pokemon as Lenora/Iris/Grant/Olympia(?) like to remind us *shrug*

I'm a little confused about the different release dates myself, but to be honest, those who are flipping out (AKA half the fandom on Tumblr) are just being ridiculous. It's a WEEK LATER. A WEEK. Before XY, Europe had to wait like half a year and usually a bit longer than North America on average to get games. A week is not a huge deal, people. *Sighs*

In other news, I was actually right in saying I'd like Tabitha's new design a lot more once we got high quality artwork of him! I actually really like him now. :D He's actually kind of adorable, in fact. It was just really hard to tell due to the terrible quality of the CoroCoro scans. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's a redesign of Tabitha, since it's still a bit jarring to me, but I'm definitely liking him a lot more now. C:

I hope Maxie and Archie are just as endearingly idiotic in the remakes.

I'm sure they will be. XD If they aren't, I will be upset. The fact that they ARE so endearingly idiotic is why they're basically my favourite antagonists from the main games. (As much as I love both N and Lysandre... Maxie and Archie kinda win. XD I love those two idiots.) I can't wait to them in the remakes, since I think their redesigns make them even MORE endearingly idiotic. (Especially Maxie. He's the biggest nerd ever now.)

(That comic is priceless, I might add. Such dorks, those two.)

I was looking at the page for Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon on the main site and this picture

Kyogre_Groudon_illustration.png

reminded me of another one

Rayquaza-Groudon-kyogre-dragon-type-poke

I find the 2 pictures to be quite similar, though there's one major thing missing from the first?

Also, the pics for the 2 primals are accompanied with some short sentences and some got my attention:

'Spears of rock wrapped in magma stab out at the target! What move is this?!'

'What move is this?! The pillars of water that have been unleashed are assaulting the target!'

It could be old moves that got revamped visuals, but it could just as well be indicators of new moves. The description and appearance of those move also seem to match the ones depicted on the first picture.

And the info-sheet for each Primal doesn't list their abilities, suggesting that they'll be getting a new one (possibly powered up version of Drizzle and Drought so that they match the pre-nerfed version of the abilities)

I honestly think it's indicating new moves. After all, Kyogre and Groudon are cover legendaries that have never had signature moves from the get go. (Poor Ho-Oh though, losing its own signature move as a cover legendary...)

EN_V1_p30_04-05_pdp.jpg

Ahahahaha

It was removed, the original picture, from the site

(original picture, ty Serebii)

steven6.jpg

Secret bases are in, but they wanna be kept secret

Wow, Nintendo's web guys are getting really bad at this. First the screenshot with Shiny Diancie for its reveal, now this...

Why are the release dates different? I thought this was supposed to be a worldwide release?

People are only fuming because A) Nintendo promised a worldwide release to begin with and B) it's Pokemon : P

TBH, I'm rather peeved myself. But yeah, it could be much worse.

I am honestly having a hard time figuring this one out myself. Unless the initial European releases of Ruby, Sapphire, and/or Emerald were only in English, they should already have all of those base scripts to work off of for the remakes - they should theoretically only need to program in translations for changes and new content. I can't understand how they couldn't accomplish that ahead of time to ensure a worldwide release, especially if the games are going to be formatted like X/Y where every region is going to have the option to pick a language at the start of the game. If that's the case, then the translation point is moot to begin with.

I'm just surprised it took people so long to notice, when I had that stuff in the title fro a day or two now

I'd just like to note that Nintendo has been suspiciously exact in saying the US release is the 21st, Canada doesn't have a release date yet either.

Woh oh

Meh. I can wait 1 more week

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I thought people shouldn't be upset about the releases. Yeah, I can see why it's frustrating! It's totally reasonable to be frustrated. There's just some people who are going to the lengths of harassing people from Game Freak on Twitter over this, which is what I'm really exasperated about. Being pissed about the release is one thing, but badgering the people who worked on the game over it is something that is just not okay.

But oh, yeah, the fan art so far is amazing. I've been really enjoying all the Team Magma and Team Aqua art so far, in particular. :D

Badgering the Game Freak staff? Really? That is just really stupid and way out of line. For one thing, it's not even their fault in the first place. People should be blaming Nintendo of Europe, not Game Freak. They don't decide the release date for areas outside of Japan, the Nintendo HQs in other continents do.

For another, you're right, being upset at a broken worldwide release promise is one thing, but going and harrassing people that are working hard on this game is entirely another.

And for all we know, Nintendo of Europe might actually have an understandable reason for this.

There's speculation that it's getting delayed in Europe and Canada (yes, Canada doesn't have a date), because those are the territories where X/Y got leaked two weeks before official release.

There's speculation that it's getting delayed in Europe and Canada (yes, Canada doesn't have a date), because those are the territories where X/Y got leaked two weeks before official release.

If that's the case, it's extremely stupid of Nintendo to punish all the consumers of Canada and Europe because some individuals leaked the game.

Edited by LuxSpes