Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Sableye still seems useful though. Spread burns around in base form with Prankster. Mega Evolve once everyone's been status'd.

Edit: I just found out Sableye learns Calm Mind. Be very afraid.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

ZM you should totally send me some of that fan art, it's amazing

Also I'm preordering my game and my brother's copy later today/tomorrow, so hype

Preorder the game for me, too, and you have a deal! :P

[spoiler=Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo]tumblr_n7hs8kOchc1tsbr81o1_500.jpg

Probably fake, but it could've fooled me.

[spoiler=Potential Mega List]tumblr_n72ubtNVPt1rtln9oo1_1280.jpg

Not sure about this one.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Not like Sableye cares about its special movepool, the standard loadout of Recover/WoW/Taunt/Foul Play will probably stay standard even for Mega.

Notable special moves for Sableye:

~Shadow Ball

~Dark Pulse

~Power Gem

~Psychic

~Dazzling Gleam

Special Attack boosting moves for Sableye:

~Calm Mind

~Nasty Plot

Edited by ZM©

Yeah but Gengar has shown how ridiculous Dazzle Ball combo really is

(read: the damage is horrendous)

The recipe for two move coverage was and IMO is still "Huge coverage move and a reliable STAB" like Dragon types or "Super huge STAB and reliable coverage move with a reliable STAB option" like Water types. Sableye has neither

On the other hand Nasty Plot is interesting if it is anything near fast

Edited by Anti-Fun

Well, that second image must be fake because it has Groudon and "Omega Ruby" in yellow instead of red.

That Mega Sharpedo looks awesome though. I'd actually use one for that. But still hoping for Mega Rapidash and Mega Mightyena. I've been considering changing my mind on getting one of these games regardless, but those two megas would make me buy one in a heartbeat.

Well, that second image must be fake because it has Groudon and "Omega Ruby" in yellow instead of red.

That Mega Sharpedo looks awesome though. I'd actually use one for that. But still hoping for Mega Rapidash and Mega Mightyena. I've been considering changing my mind on getting one of these games regardless, but those two megas would make me buy one in a heartbeat.

I'm pretty sure that probably the lighting from the camera (and its too getting to dark around on that image also) that might have caused it.

And also for the part of the Mega Evolutions, I wondered when we might able to see Mega Latios and Mega Latias in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Edited by King Marth 64

I doubt the second one a ton. It reminds me of that one mega evolution fake from before X&Y. And to quote the Serebii forums from the ORAS Rumors and Fake Scans thread about that particular image, "Only uses pre-release screenshots except for the one mega that would be easy to fake, shades out Sableye despite having a mega, shades out normal artwork rather than Megas. Similar to a fake from XY." The first is fake, because a Google search-by-image points to some person's Deviantart. http://tomycase.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Camerupt-and-Mega-Sharpedo-461994815

Edited by Konnor97

Mega Mightyena is possible but I have no idea why ORAS would have Mega Rapidash when Ponyta wasn't even in RSE. I mean I guess it could be added, but would they really do that for Ponyta of all pokemon...?

Well yeah, I never said Mega Rapidash had a high chance of showing up in these games. I doubt it'll be in unless GameFreak decides to add more older Pokémon to the dex and give them mega forms.

The Mega evolution list is indeed fake. If I'm remembering correctly, someone made it and posted it in the ORAS tag on Tumblr to see how people would react. (Naturally half the fandom on the site fell for it. XD)

Kinda unfortunate the Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo are fake. The designs are pretty cool! I can't wait to see what the actual designs for their Megas will look like, since to be honest, the chances of them not getting Megas are pretty low, I think. (Mega Sharpedo will be great, I bet, ESPECIALLY if it still has Speed Boost, or something equally good. :D)

• 3 weeks later...

LATE

I actually don't think Mega Sharpedo/Camerupt are all that unlikely; remember that they're Aqua/Magma's main pokemon. Could see them as the highlight of Archie/Maxie's teams.