Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trailer with Corocoro info is up from NoA.

New stuff on the official site too.

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/special-demo-version

You need a code (like how a few other games got demos, it seems)

special_demo_EN_08.jpg

Hi Tabitha.

special_demo_EN_10.jpgspecial_demo_EN_11a.jpg

They both hate me? ;-;

First time I'm looking at anything related to the new pieces of shit coming from GameFreak but holy fucking jesus in a kebab, what the fuck did they do to Tabitha?

I don't like Tabitha's new design either, especially after how sexy he is in the anime. But I've long gotten over it and I still think Team Magma is one of the few cool things about gen 3. :P

Mega Gallade's animation, omg I love it. :o

Yeah, gonna buy Alpha Sapphire, even if Mega Rapidash and Mega Infernape don't become a thing just yet. But I don't know if I want Mega Gallade or Mega Lopunny as my Mega yet! You can only Mega evolve one Pokemon on your team during battle ugh.

although Ability plays major role on Megas, don't forget that stats still define how good a Pokemon is. take M-Banette for example; Prankster is neat but its stats...+50 attack is a notable thing but the rest? not so much.

i think mega banette doesn't benefit very much from prankster because it doesn't instantly threaten with priority status the moment that it's switched in. the reason why a pokemon like thundurus-i is so centralizing is because it's such a potent check with prankster t-wave, whereas banette has to switch in and mega evolve first to do the same thing.

plus it doesn't really feel like it's worth the mega slot by taking this role on the team.

I don't like Tabitha's new design either, especially after how sexy he is in the anime.

He's way different in PokeSpe.I think this design is better.

There were so many cool things about Gen III, though.

Tabitha looks fine. He actually has personality now.

Like the game corner.

He's finally not one of those random people and now he's more like his Galactic counterparts.I hope they get him his co-workers more involved with the story.

Mega Gallade looks fast, like fast enough to outspeed some threats, fingers crossed his stat distribution is different than was originally predicted. Also his design looks so much better with the 3D model, he definitely looks like the counterpart to Mega Gardevoir

Edited by Spiky

Man I wasn't actually super keen on Megallade but hell, dat animation. Dat cape.

i think mega banette doesn't benefit very much from prankster because it doesn't instantly threaten with priority status the moment that it's switched in. the reason why a pokemon like thundurus-i is so centralizing is because it's such a potent check with prankster t-wave, whereas banette has to switch in and mega evolve first to do the same thing.

plus it doesn't really feel like it's worth the mega slot by taking this role on the team.

Mega Bannette's best role aside from Prankster status/Taunt is probably being a sweeper stopper with Destiny Bond, something that (I think?) no other Prankster user said. That said, since that's essentially a sacrificial strategy, I kind of agree with the whole 'not worth the mega slot' thing. He's a fun, usable gimmick, at least.

Hey guys, let's give one of the best support based abilities to Banette!

Now let's give most of its stat boost in its Attack!

"It's the perfect way to make the most of its awesome special movepool!"

• 2 weeks later...