Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Wallace has the worst redesign.

Wallace please keep your strip club outfit in the strip club

Glacia looks less like an old lady now

Drake is too old and badass to change

wish I knew what the top trainer was...

if you're referring on the prev post by L95, that's the female version of this game's supposed 'street thugs'. possibly my favorite new class based on appearances alone.

Edited by deer hands

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP.

OH MY GOD.

LEAKS. DEM LEAKS.

I'm just mostly excited over Battle Resort (whatever it may be), move tutors, and the megas' stats.

God this year is going to be great. I'm going to have to spend a lot of time breeding again.

I don't want to spend as much time on video games as I did last year (which - all together- would add up to like a month and a half's worth of time), but man. I'm loving most of the megas.

I'm torn, though. I'm not sure which mega I wan't to use primarily in VGC 2015.

I'll go through them all.

Beedrill - Holy crap, I love the stat spread. Too bad it doesn't have access to priority and still has paper-thin defenses. Maybe in Singles. Not in Doubles, though.

Pidgeot - It may work out in Doubles since Heat Wave is back. Perhaps in a Sun team, but otherwise no.

Slowbro - This seems like a Pokemon that would be good... if it weren't for the fact that you can use only one mega on a team. It's simply a buffed version of its non-mega form, not offering many new things to the table. If I were to use Slowbro, I'd use its normal form... and save the mega slot for something better.

Steelix - Cool design, not much else. Pretty crappy, imo.

Sceptile - Okay in Singles, imo, but I think it'll be on the less-used end on the Doubles' side.

Blaziken - I don't see anything changing for this guy. Fantastic in Singles, crap in Doubles.

Swampert - Great bulk and defensive typing. Would be fantastic in a Rain team, but it's probably just mediocre otherwise.

Altaria - Seems good enough with decent buff and Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice. Only problem is that - as with Slowbro - I'd rather save the mega slot for something better. :/

Gallade - Not bad. Not bad at all. 110 base speed. Fake Out. Very high attack. Even if his ability is pretty crappy, I don't think Gallade will go unused. He's no Mega Lucario, but yeah.

Sharpedo - Seems like it'll be good in Single. Protect and get a speed boost, and proceed to deal as much damage as possible with Crunch and stuff. It outspeeds Garchomp by default, so there's that, too.

Camerupt - A very good candidate for a Trick Room team. Sheer Force-boosted Earth Power and Heat Wave is nothing to scoff at. Eruption could pose as a huge threat, too, with that SpAtk stat.

Glalie - 252+ GLACIATE-BOOSTED EXPLOSION COMING THROUGH.

Audino - Um... Good bulk, I guess. I just don't think most people use their mega for... a support Pokemon.

Sableye - As with Audino... I'm not sure if it's a good choice. Even with those solid defenses, its HP is still pretty bad, so... I dunno.

Lopunny - Seems solid enough. But eh. Singles, maybe.

Salamence - One of the best - if not the best - mega of the ones revealed so far. Its attack boost is kinda useless in a non-singles format, so I couldn't care less about that, but 120 SpAtk is still solid. And Aerilate-boosted Hyper Voice is something to... look forward to, I suppose.

Metagross - A personal favorite of mine. Probably the one I'll use. 110 base speed is great, and Tough Claws isn't bad either now that Ice Punch has been confirmed to be returning. Overall very solid. And silver and gold is pretty sleek.

Diancie, Hoopa, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are usually not allowed in competitions (although they may be in 2015's VGC format, who knows), so I won't comment on them, but... If Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are legal, then... *shudders*

Oh yeah, Mega Latios is still crap, and Mega Latias might be viable.

I hate their designs, though. Colors are fine... but dem designs. Hideous.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I agree with everyone saying wtf on Wallace. xP He looks even more like a girl than he did originally. Just...yeah.

Everyone else looks cool though. Except for Tate and Liza, they look like five year olds now. Another wtf.

drake is still good, since he was kept the same. if only the protagonists (and everybody else lol) could also have that luxury.

Edited by Cornet

Mega Beedrill is badly designed? JSND, are you high?

Anyway a huge load of info was dumped.

Let's.give it power, and more power. Oh its not enuff power. Let's remove some SPA(that no one give a damn about) to give it even more power

Its the worst design since Mawile and its usage of inherently broken ability comes along

and then people realize that beedrill doesn't have good STAB types and that its only coverage (i think) is drill run. wow, skarmory DESTROYS this thing. edit: it also gets brick break and knock off, but that's it. it's barely enough to be functional though, i guess...

Edited by Cornet

Let's.give it power, and more power. Oh its not enuff power. Let's remove some SPA(that no one give a damn about) to give it even more power

Its the worst design since Mawile and its usage of inherently broken ability comes along

When you don't even have 500 BST to work with you either min-max or you're a waste of a Mega slot. And that's not even getting into the movepool troubles.

Edited by X-Naut

There's also the whole "40 base Defense, 65 base HP" thing, too. Gonna be difficult to survive until the Speed stat increase actually kicks in, I would think (unless running Protect or a bulky build?). And, even then, if someone brings in a strong priority user (as was already said) (or even a defensive wall? - guessing this is true since Skarm), it's still made of paper.

Wallace's design is really bad... I wish he had his cape, and looked more Wallace.

Also, anyone see the 'Mega' Hoopa leak yet? http://pokebeach.com/2014/10/mega-hoopa-uncovered-in-oras-demo-stats-for-mega-evolutions

1. Skitty - Level up moves

2. ========

Count: 13

Level 1: Fake Out

Level 1: Growl

Level 1: Tail Whip

Level 1: Tackle

Level 4: Foresight

Level 7: Sing

Level 10: Attract

Level 13: Disarming Voice

Level 16: Double Slap