Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serebii has revealed more stuff here. These are nothing story related here but features or rewards. If you'd like to surprise yourself, do not click the spoiler tags.

There is confirmed to be no Battle Frontier in ORAS according to Serebii's ORAS Discovery Forum. However...

There is the Battle Resort which contains:

The Battle Maison again

More high leveled normal trainers around the area

A SECOND daycare.

Move Tutors are available and BP is the currency to teach moves.

• Tutor 1 teaches Bind, Snore, Water Pulse, Shock Wave, Bug Bite, and Covet for 4 BP, Low Kick, Signal Beam, Giga Drain, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Drain Punch for 8 BP, Knock Off, Super Fang, and Dual Chop for 12 BP, and Endeavor for 16 BP.
  • Tutor 2 teaches Uproar, Iron Tail, Bounce, Drill Run, Iron Head, and Zen Headbutt for 8 BP, Aqua Tail, Dragon Pulse, Seed Bomb, Heat Wave, Last Resort, Hyper Voice, Foul Play, and Earth Power for 12 BP, and Outrage, Superpower, Gunk Shot, Sky Attack, and Focus Punch for 16 BP.
  • Tutor 3 teaches Block, Skill Swap, Synthesis, Role Play, Pain Split, Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, Spite, After You, Helping Hand, Trick, Recycle, Snatch, Magic Coat, Magnet Rise, and Iron Defense for 8 BP.
  • Tutor 4 teaches Heal Bell, Tailwind, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Stealth Rock, Gravity, and Electroweb for 8 BP and Icy wind for 12 BP

However, inside the Maison there are references dropped by a few NPCs about the Frontier since they mention the Pike Queen and Scott.

[spoiler=Delta Episode]

Dexoys IS capturable in the Delta Episode.

You will receive Maxie's Cameruptite/Archie's Sharpedoite stone in this episode depending on the version. The stone you do not get in this episode is later given in the Battle Resort through some opposite team grunts.

Rayquaza does not have a Mega Evolution stone but it still can Mega Evolve. It can hold whatever item it wants, though it is unknown if it gains stats. Groudon and Kyogre can Primal Revert in similar fashion.

Completing the episode will get you a Johto Starter from Prof. Birch. The guy said that his did not have the hidden abilities and do not have Mega Evolution stones either, but rumors are that there may be a chance for the former. However the guy says that it is unlikely.

[spoiler=Mega Evolution]

All Mega Evolution Stones from XY and revealed to be in ORAS are available in both versions of ORAS. No exclusives.

3 PM PST - The Mega Stones search seems to be at an end as no new unrevealed Mega Evolutions have been found. All 21 new Mega Evolution capable Pokémon revealed prior to release appear to be the only new Mega Evolutions in game.

Sadly, no Mega Flygon or any other speculated Megas.

Mega Stone searching can be done at any time of day rather than just 8 PM - 9 PM

XY Mega Locations:

Abomasite: Route 123, outside

Absolite: Safari Zone

Aerodactylite: Meteor Falls, Back room

Aggronite: Rusturt Tunnel

Alakazite: Slateport Market

Ampharosite: New Mauvile

Banettite: Mt. Pyre, lowest floor

Blastoisite: S.S. Tidal

Charizardite X: Fiery Path

Charizardite Y: Route 120, Scorched Slab

Garchompite: Unknown

Gardevoirite: Verdanturf Town, given by Wanda

Gengarite: House in Battle Resort

Gyaradosite: Route 123, inside fisherman's house. Talk to Fisherman and Poochyena.

Heracrossite: Route 127

Houndoomite: Lavaridge Town, Hot Springs

Kangaskhanite: Pacifilog Town, next to Pokémon Center

Lucarionite: Unknown

Manectrite: Cycling Road

Mawilite: Verdanturf Town

Medichamite: Mt. Pyre, inside main building

Mewtwonite X: Prof. Birch's lab after defeating the Champion

Mewtwonite Y: Pokémon League

Pinsirite: Route 124

Scizorite: Petalburg Woods, behind a cuttable bush in the east

Tyranitarite: Mt. Chimney

Venusaurite: Route 119

ORAS Mega Location:

Altarite: Lilycove City, show a man outside an Altaria

Audinite: Given by Looker

Beedrillite: Sea Mauvile, Storage Room

Cameruptite: Given by Maxie in OR during the Delta episode or from a Magma Grunt at the Battle Resort in AS

Galladite: Fallarbor Town, Given by Professor Cosmo

Glalite: Shoal Cave, Icy section

Latiosite/Latiasite: Held by Latios/Latias upon capture in OR/AS respectively. Receive other from your mother after completing Delta Episode

Lopunnite: Mauvile Hills, given by a man

Metagrossite: Given by Steven after beating his rematch team. Also given through Event

Mega Stone of your Starter: Route 120, Given by Steven

Mega Stone of starters you did not choose: Route 120, Stone Salesperson

Pidgeotite: Find Intriguing Stone in Verdanturf Town, show it to President Stone in Rustboro City.

Sableite: Sootopolis City

Salamencite: Meteor Falls, Given by Zinnia's grandmother after completing the Delta Episode.

Slowbronite: Give a Shell Bell to an older man on Route 125

Steelixite: Granite Cave

Sharpedoite: Given by Archie in AS during Delta episode or from an Aqua Grunt at the Battle Resort in OR

[spoiler=Misc. Info]

Mirage Island now has different layouts depending when it is "discovered" and has a cave.

The Elite Four is roughly the same with a few team changes like Dusknoir on Phoebe's team.

Beating the Pokémon League a second time will earn you a Unova starter. Beat it a third time and you'll receive a Sinnoh starter. Again, they do not seem to have a chance to have hidden abilities nor any Mega Evolution Stones.

Numerous other Legendaries are in the game including the Sinnoh Lake Trio, the Three Musketeers and Legendary Dogs.

Maxie/Archie are available to be battle partners in the Battle Maison depending on version. Wally, Steven, and May/Brendan as well.

Edited by Naui

No Mega Infernape yet then. :(

Well, there's always a chance for Apey to get one in the XY followup(s) though! But dang, I gotta beat the league three times to get a Chimchar? Better prepare myself a good team that won't make it hair-pullingly frustrating.

so i spent a whole day breeding treeko in soul silver for nothing (i wanted dragon pulse)... :/ it's nice that there are that many tutors though.

So most things about the remakes aren't interesting me--I've stated this a lot--but Wally's theme is the goddamn tits

Granted, music alone isn't going to sway me to get this game any time soon, but I have to give credit where credit's due

Couldn't you get either OR

This is why we can't have nice things.

Why did you want OR over AS anyway, I prefer Sapphire for Seviper and Kyogre personally.

but HO-OH and ZANGOOSE

at least treecko will be better in AS

also I was having download troubles with the eShop; it was going really slow and then I kept getting an error code corresponding to maintenance on the eShop- but it's going faster now.

but HO-OH and ZANGOOSE

at least treecko will be better in AS

also I was having download troubles with the eShop; it was going really slow and then I kept getting an error code corresponding to maintenance on the eShop- but it's going faster now.

Wait, where is Ho-oh and I'm guesing Lugia in Hoenn?

Tempted to buy it on the eShop.

But.

My copy is coming tomorrow.

So I must wait.

The debate of the century is whether to spend time on ORAS.

Or on SSB4WiiU with my university Smash club.

Decisions, decisions.

Lol. Once, I ordered a copy of Ocarina of Time (Zelda Game) from ebay.

Went to GameStop. Convinced my Dad (who ordered it off ebay in the first place) to get me the, "Masters Edition."

Game came later that day.

Yeah the Regigigas requirement is asinine and sounds like the Mewthree myths from 15 years ago. It's that insane.

- Catch all 3 Regis

- Beat the game

- Return to the Island Cave on Route 105 during the day

- Put all 3 Regis in your party

- Regice must be nicknamed

- Regice must be holding a Nevermeltice, Snowball or CasteliaCone

Just started playing after finishing my shift at work, and its fun! I must say, I love the new soundtrack!

...but now that I found out that the Latis join mid-game instead of post game, I'm at a dilemma. I was planning on using Altaria, but the Latis are my faves and I want to use them. Should I drop Altaria even though I'll have a psychic overlap (am using Metagross) and no fairy type? Decisions, decisions..... >.<

Went to the midnight release for ORAS and Smash Wii U, was pretty awesome. Already at Mauville in Omega Ruby with 4 of my team members, it's going nicely.

I noticed how all the legends and fossils I like are exclusive to AS, while i'm playing OR mainly.

Edited by YoungXehanort

I wish they didn't bring back the amie. Now I feel the need to max my main game (AS) team's bonds. ;~; Already imported the full team from the PokéBank too... including stuff that won't obey me just yet. Meanwhile OR is already at Lavaridge Gym.

Just started playing after finishing my shift at work, and its fun! I must say, I love the new soundtrack!

...but now that I found out that the Latis join mid-game instead of post game, I'm at a dilemma. I was planning on using Altaria, but the Latis are my faves and I want to use them. Should I drop Altaria even though I'll have a psychic overlap (am using Metagross) and no fairy type? Decisions, decisions..... >.<

I decided to not care about type overlap and just use the ones I like. Right now, I have Grovyle, Beldum and 2 Ralts (one Gardi, one Gallade). Probably gonna pick up Aggron and maybe Sharpedo, Latias or Salamence. (I beat the original game with an over-leveled Sceptile)