OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire Speculation Thread

ZemZem

ORAS is love. ORAS is life.

First off, I'm kinda bummed out since now that I think about it, I don't think the game will have Emerald's storyline, which includes taking on both Team Magma and Team Aqua, and going through the Sky Pillar to tell Raquaza to make Kyogre and Groudon STFU. Though, I think the games will have Juan as the 8th gym leader, Wallace as the champion, and Steven to return as the Red-like challenge like he was in Emerald.

Still, I can't wait to see what's going to happen. Seeing how Route 113, Mt. Chimney, Route 111 and the Mirage Tower, and pretty much the entirety of Hoenn in 3D graphics is hyping me up, and just imagining how the music will be remastered is adding onto that.

So yeah. Let's all give out our thoughts in what's going to be in the fantastic duo of games.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty excited to see hoenn in 3D. It's gonna be so awesome.

But, I don't expect many new things with this game like a lot more mega evolutions and more moves for pokémon. This is a remake that coincides with XY so a lot of the stuff will be compatible. So I don't see many things that weren't in XY making it into ORAS just like the other remakes. But then again with patches and stuff they can add to XY if they include it in ORAS so who knows?

ORAS is love. ORAS is life.

IT'S NOT KYOGRE TILL IT'S KYOGRE!

I hope they try to stay true to the original colour pallette, I loved the brightness that the Gen III graphics had. I imagine they'll have some sort of new key feature (perhaps a piece of hardware, if the Wireless Adapter or the Pokewalker is any indication.) I am really hoping for an epic expanded post-game similar to the Sevii Islands or something.

I think there will be new areas, with more pokemon than there are in the (old) hoenn dex, since 186 looks really low compared to the amount X/Y and B2/W2 had.

Oh, and I'm really hoping for Emerald's battle frontier to back, with online play. Battling people online with the battle facilities rules would be great.

Edited by Nobody

I think there will be new areas, with more pokemon than there are in the (old) hoenn dex, since 186 looks really low compared to the amount X/Y and B2/W2 had.

Oh, and I'm really hoping for Emerald's battle frontier to back, with online play. Battling people online with the battle facilities rules would be great.

Yeah, HG/SS had the new Johto dex, so I'm sure that there'll be a new Hoenn dex.

The Battle Frontier better come back. It'd be a huge disappointment if that wasn't the case.

Oh yeah, and better Ice types in the Shoal Cave, please. I believe all we had was Spheal and Snorunt. Walrein and Froslass are cool, though.

Also, MOVE TUTORS. The only ones in Emerald were in the Battle Frontier, other than the ones that taught a random move like Double-Edge or DynamicPunch throughout the region.

Hopefully the trick master will be better prepared this time around.

Also, in regards to the new areas (not sure it's confirmed) Hoenn is already limited to its island and its cities taking up most of it. Maybe a smaller man-made island will be added nearby? Or maybe smaller towns like Lavaridge will be expanded.

Edited by Monde

Perhaps they'll be more to do in the ocean, like mini areas to explore and make the excessive (though I never minded it too much other than the dreaded Routes 133 and 134) surfing more fun.

Oh god, I just hope they don't make those routes any more irritating than they already are. The surf music would be great to hear remastered though.

Have you watched Destiny Deoxys? Check this out http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LaRousse_City

If any city is added I suspect it'll be LaRousse.

I knew this would happen! I hope Secret bases get more customization, and your Wi-fi friends' secret bases appear in your game. I hope we get the emerald battle frontier back. In particular, I miss the Battle Pyramid.

Think we'll get to visit Orre again?

Nooo I'm not saying Orre will be IN the remake; I'm saying that with the reappearance of Hoenn, this would be a great time to make an Orre Pokemon game for the Wii U.

Orre was a pretty interesting region. Though I don't see how it could be incorporated into ORAS.

EDIT: *sees above post* Oh, I see.

Edited by ZeeEmm

Hoenn with Physical/Special split.

So hype.

I know, right? Now mons like Mightyena, Breloom, Absol, and a few others will be more usuable than they were in R/S/E.

MEGA SWAMPERT AND SCEPTILE better be a thing. I feel like I saw a scan that showed the starters, where Mudkip and Treecko had arrows to shadowed out outlines and Torchic had an arrow to Mega Blaziken, but I don't know if that's legit or not.

Based on what happens in that footage (and the TV show teasing the differences on the boxart), I think we've been given a hint for MegaGroudon and MegaKyogre typings. Groudon unleashes fiery hell (Ground/Fire) and Kyogre starts a raging thunderstorm (Water/Electric). While it's imbalanced, this gives both mons a super effective against each other and a resistance (keep in mind, the original forms were imbalanced too).

On top of that: MegaSceptile & MegaSwampert (of course), MegaSableye (because Mawile), MegaFlygon (bug/dragon plz? it needs to be differentiated from Garchomp), MegaGlalie (to mirror the other Dawn Stone pokemon, Gardevoir), MegaJynx (it was on the trademarked list that confirmed most of the other megas). Possbily also MegaMachamp and MegaGolem (to finish the original four trade evolutions).

And yes, I think there'll be quite a few new megas. Possibly from gens 1-4, and maybe generation five as well. They'll patch X/Y with the new models/items.

Edited by Arch