WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

i think you're underestimating the ivory coast.

and maybe im a shitty argentine for thinking england won't do well

edit: and yeah germany look the strongest. they have a lot of pressure on them though.

Edited by fuccboi

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you're underestimating the ivory coast.

and maybe im a shitty argentine for thinking england won't do well

edit: and yeah germany look the strongest. they have a lot of pressure on them though.

Ivory Coast, probably. I don't really know how decent Greece are right now, I just know they were always boring as sin to watch. Hopefully still not the case. Ivory Coast/Colombia/Greece will be a decent match-up, though. I don't think Japan really have a chance, but who knows.

I think England will get out of the group stages and perhaps past a game with Winner/Runner-up of Group C, but not much further than that. Maybe I have too much faith in them, and I'm being a shitty scot.

I think I took pretty safe bets mostly, but yeah. Germany look really strong to win the entire thing for me, though.

it's never a safe bet to count straya out

Greece are now not only boring as shit but old as shit, they're basically what we'd be if Osieck was still in charge and we'd unironically be bringing a clubless, 36-year old Lucas Neill as captain

England will go 1-2-0 or 1-1-1 in the first round.

d4d52f8de5d5ee4c7f3f2b0db0548e51.png

Through this site - http://games.espn.go.com/world-cup-bracket-predictor/2014/en/bracket

To explain a few choices;

1) France depends on not utterly melting down.

2) Fuck the Spanish national team.

3) The US will scrape through the group and then get wiped out 3- or 4-0 by Belgium.

4) Italy wins the third-place final.

5) Fuck the Spanish national team.

Edited by Shuuda

heh, i actually reached mostly the same conclusions. any way i see it, there is just no way we beat a top-form germany, though. even if i'm hopeful, i'm still realistic.

i'll shave my head and be drunk for a month straight if we get it.

edit: though i do favour colombia and uruguay a little better, probably due to bias

edit2: and lol us

edit3: bosnia > nigeria cunt.

edit4: i guess maybe we don't agree that much.

Edited by fuccboi

edit3: bosnia > nigeria cunt.

Jozy Altidore scored a hattrick against Bosnia.

It was just before the transfer window. I saw gifs of that match and thought "We've picked up a pretty good centreforward here"

Edited by Parrhesia

i started watching in the second half of extra time.

i'm so mad

if it went to penalties atletico had it, world's future best goalkeeper and, as simeone keeps saying, immense balls

Edited by Shuuda

The Wrong Team Won (Narratively Speaking)

necktie why isn't Julian Speroni in the Argentina squad

Edited by Shuuda

Greece are now not only boring as shit but old as shit, they're basically what we'd be if Osieck was still in charge and we'd unironically be bringing a clubless, 36-year old Lucas Neill as captain

I am Greek and I can pretty much say this is the truth.

Cameroon's coach Volker FInke is really, really dumb. How can you leave your best GK out of the world cup when your team's biggest mistake in the last WC was not playing him.

(i'll derail for a second for normal shitty scottish football)

so the football team I support got relegated halfway through the season because they were shit, and our local rivals were making fun of that for ages, then further through their season they started doing bad and had to go to the playoffs to avoid relegation themselves where they won 2-0 (away) on the first game and lost 2-0 (home) on the second when the team they were playing against scored literally at the last kick of the ball
and then they lost on penalties and now they're gonna be relegated too
#thepriceofmocking
Edited by Tryhard

every scottish person I know supports either Hibs or Hearts, it's weird

You know what else is weird? Argentina ignoring Julian Speroni in favour of 'someone who can't get a game in France' and, uh... two other guys.

Edited by Parrhesia

yeah, no shit. we've talked about our wonderful goalkeeper choices, i think. caballero is not even in the fucking bench, it's ridiculous.

sabella has made some... questionable decisions that many people are angry about, but i supposed i ultimately trust his judgement. it's all i can do, anyway.

Edited by fuccboi

I assumed it was for lack of options. It doesn't appear to be for lack of options.

Still, it just means every game with Argentina will have every goal and it will be great and there is no reason to watch any other team imo

when we crash out winless in the group stage do you want to borrow Mat Ryan for the rest of the tournament, I'd be ok with that

Man though it's like... that's what I love about international football, is the really lopsided squads that nations end up with. I fucking adore it. Except when it hurts Australia a lot, like this year, badly.

friendlies report

australia dominated a seth efrika squad that was missing like ten guys lol but our jozyesque finishing let us down, 1-1 the final score

84d882a6e4aa7176056b8ddd7d74d0a6.jpg

the red devils of belgium who everyone thinks will suddenly win due to their invincible defence conceded a goal to luxembourg

niko kranjcar died and will miss the world cup, i also read somewhere that suarez is officially 'a doubt'

russia beat slovakia

england is... going to fight peru? I think?

gibraltar drew with estonia in preparation for winning the euros in 2016, chalk it up, it's Coming Home

Edited by Shuuda