Create/modify a class

So basically I wondered if anyone had ideas for creating his/her own class? Or, are there things you'd want to change in an already existing class?

For example, one of my ideas include a "Dark Berserker" ( to fit a kind of extreme vengeance theme.)

stats would be:

Str: 50

Mag: 50

Skl: 35

Spd: 44

Def: 25

Res: 25

Able to use axes and dark tomes, an extremely fragile but menacingly powerful unit.

And in my opinion, Trickster shouldn't be half Mag oriented at all, forget about the staves, it's just a promoted thief, now isn't it?

Stats would be:

Str: 38

Mag: 20

Skl: 50

Spd: 50

Def: 30

Res: 40

Basically, a promoted thief should be extremely skilled and speedy, but I kept the high res to give it some kind of niche.

Well, anyone else here with some of these crazy ideas too?

Sorry, but the topic already exists elsewhere.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47654

Those are actually really cool ideas. I hope to see a Dark Berserker(promotion for Dark Mages rather than Pirates maybe) now.

As said in the other thread, some elephantry would be nice.

Oh gosh sorry about that...I did check it in this part of the forum though (I think). It's just that I didn't expect a similar topic in a DIFFERENT section.

I'll try to post my "contribution" later in the right topic, maybe.

I was thinking about something on the line of swapping skills around.

Galeforce is now learned by Bow Knights at 15 (Basis: Genghis Khan's mounted archers, being some of the most mobile ranged soldiers)

Dark Fliers now get Lifetaker

Griffon Riders get Bowbreaker

Dark Knights get Lancebreaker

Generals can use Swords. They're so inferior to Great Knights.

And Spotpass Black Knight being unable to use Swords is fucking insult.

They didn't think that through. He at least has Luna. On topic give Sol to War clerics.

OK, Conqueror should get skills as well, preferably really good ones to make up for being a 1st gen unit with no supports. Perhaps a command-based skill that converts all Risen within 7 tiles into green ally units for three turns (or nerf the range and duration but make it apply to all non-boss units except the Deadlords). His other skill could give all legendary weapons Brave effects and not lose uses.

OK, perhaps that's a tad overpowered, but he's currently pretty weak for such a canonically strong guy. Maybe he could get Aegis+ and Pavise+ instead.

Imo neither Falcos nor Dark fliers should have Galeforce, both classes already are at the top of desirable end classes. Now then, Giving galeforce to bow knights would make Lucina, Morgan, Inigo, Severa, Noire as baseline galeforcers, but Chrom, MU, Virion, Stahl, Vaike for female children aka Nah (or Kjelle), Donnel, Ricken, Gregor as Galeforce-passing dads (or Merc giving fathers in Vaike's case), still giving 13 Galeforce children.

Edited by tuvarkz

Falcos get Galeforce, Paladins get Lancefaire and Dark Fliers get Aegis. Troubadour now promotes to Falco instead of War Cleric. Now every child can get Galeforce.

Every child except Yarne, because Panne doesn't have troubadour or falcon knight. If we're rearranging skills, I think galeforce should be on a class that both genders have access to instead of locking it to a female-only class.

either put it on Hero or eliminate it altogether

Axebreaker sucks anyway

Also, on a less biased note, make Generals at least somewhat more viable by giving them complete weapon triangle control like GKs have.

In addition, have Cavaliers start with only one weapon type and go with their promo paths from there. Like, lance cavs like Sully would be either Paladin or some other cav variant with lances and axes, while Stahl goes either Pally or Ranger/Bow Knight.

Tactician/Grandmaster should have better stats, seriously. It's an exclusive class to the avatar and yet it's just utterly mediocre everywhere, and Dread Fighter is pretty much objectively better than it, with 3 more total bases in a similar spread and the ability to use axes as well. At bare minimum in should have 42/43 in everything. And/or give the ability to use every standard weapon type in the game. I mean they already had the animations for it, judging by how it's the model used for dread fighter and bride (all five standard weapon types in the game and staves between them) when seen by somebody who doesn't have the DLC.

Edited by Alastor15243

I don't know about skills and shit but I'd like to see like a promoted armored Mage unit or something. Like a Battlemage, that uses lances/axes and anima magic, with like stats analogous to the General but more mixed. Maybe stronger than Dreadfighter in terms off offenses and defenses, but much worse in Speed/Skill/Luck.

...Actually though I think a class like this might fit in better in a different game than Awakening. Hmm.

Well, I WOULD reinstate PoR/RD's thing where Mages can only use the one type of anima. Because like otherwise, what's the point?

Sages could still use all anima magic, Dark Knights only use Fire, Darkfliers only use Wind, and Valkyries only use Thunder. Dunno about Grandmasters and Dreadfighters, maybe they can use all kinds too. *shrug* I'd say each type of mage should have the secondary promotion of whichever other type of magic-user matches their anima type (IE Fire Mages -> DK, Thunder Mages -> Valk etc.) but that creates the problem of forcing Wind and Thunder mages to be female-only.

Maybe GM uses all kinds of Magic like FE4's Mage Fighter and Mages can promote to it? *shrug*

Also Dark Magers/Sorcs can only use Dark Magic. Dark Mages would have two Dark Magic promotions like in Sacred Stones, one being the Sorc and the other being a Summoner, whose stats are weaker overall bcuz summoning is a thing.

These aren't the best I'm kind of just throwing random ideas out there

Edited by BANRYU

Bring back bard as a magic equivalent to dancer.

I'd also like an unarmed 'martial artist' style class, with low damage, but a skill which makes crits HUGE, and having high speed.

I like the Bard idea.

Additionally, should Bards and Dancers have some kind of exclusive promote the way Lewyn did in FE4, or just remain a single-class deal?

Reminds me though, I'd like to have had Soldiers as an actual playable unit in Awakening... They don't even need to have Halberdiers to go along with it, they can just promote into Paladins and Generals... or something... that'd be nice...

I always wanted to combine the multi-tier class system from FE10 with the non-linearity choices from FE8 and FE13, and the "pre-classes" from FE8.

Basically, all of your units would start off as Civilians wielding nothing but knives and upon promotion would choose their "primary" weapon (swords, spears, axes, etc.)

This would lead into things like "Recruit", "Journeyman", and "Pupil" that we see in FE8.

Promoting AGAIN would open up the more traditional class options.

For example, Recruit could do into the standard Knight/Armored Lance, Lance Cavalier, Pegasus Knight, Soldier, etc.

The goal of the system is that each tier you are picking up one important class feature.

I think this works better in a game like FE10 where this is a significant weapon selection system; but it would require a longer campaign, or the non-linearity grinding from FE8 and FE13.

I'd also like to see a similar thing for the Laguz as they are arguably the most-fleshed out and diverse (lore-wise) of the shape-shifting units the series has.

I'm not sure such a thing would be plausible in a pure-FE game, but I'd love to see it in action.

Lettuce

Well, today I was discussing classes with a friend for an unrelated thing and I thought I heard him say lettuce and jokingly I added it to a list of classes I had written out, but it made me wonder... What would a lettuce class be...?

Weapons:Lettucestone(and the Cabbagestone) (basically a dragonstone that allows you to turn into lettuce)

Base Skill: Ruffage +4 Str +4 Spd

Lvl 15 skill: Salad +25 hit/avo when paired with another Lettuce

Stats:

Str-37

Mag-30

Skl-37

Spd-40

Def-38

Res-39

The Lettucestone would give

Str + 7

Mag + 3