VN/Anime suggestions?

blyegg

I just finished Higurashi, really good story.

So...

I decided to watch Kill la Kill and read Saya no Uta next.

Any other suggestions? I don't care if it has 18+ material if that's not the main focus. If the main focus is to arouse 40 year old perverts, plz don't tell me about it. Also I'm open to gore as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend something from Nitro+, Key, or AkabeSoft

For Nitro+, I would suggest starting with Chaos;HEAd. It isn't too long, it's slightly gory but it doesn't have any 18+ material. Saya no Uta is Nitro+ as well, so if you wanna take a break from Nitro+ after reading Saya no Uta, then forget about Chaos;HEAd for now.

Best Key VN to read imo would be Clannad. It has like 15 routes though, so it's gonna take a really long time to read all of it. But you could just read one route first and see how you like it, and then decide whether you want to read more routes later. No 18+ content in any form.

AkabeSoft has some great VNs, but a good one to start with would be Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. Like Chaos;HEAd, it isn't too long, and while there are multiple heroines, only a few scenes and the ending are dependent on them (no entire routes or anything). It does, however, have a few 18+ scenes, but they aren't really relevant to the main story itself.

As far as anime.....

Monster.

You could also read it, but apparently the anime is good (haven't watched it though).

Baccano! is gr9 as well.

FMA Brotherhood is one of my absolute favorites.

And then Madoka to round out the list.

What if it's to arouse 18-year-old perverts?

...that's fine!

I've already watched AB! and FMA and FMA Brotherhood.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I just finished Higurashi, really good story.

So...

Any other suggestions? I don't care if it has 18+ material if that's not the main focus. If the main focus is to arouse 40 year old perverts, plz don't tell me about it. Also I'm open to gore as well.

My personal recommendation is Kara no Shoujo, you take the role of a private detective, and the lack of childish characters is a welcome addition

What if it's to arouse 18-year-old perverts?

:smug:Sometimes, they're welcome

I'd recommend something from Nitro+, Key, or AkabeSoft

For Nitro+, I would suggest starting with Chaos;HEAd. It isn't too long, it's slightly gory but it doesn't have any 18+ material. Saya no Uta is Nitro+ as well, so if you wanna take a break from Nitro+ after reading Saya no Uta, then forget about Chaos;HEAd for now.

Best Key VN to read imo would be Clannad. It has like 15 routes though, so it's gonna take a really long time to read all of it. But you could just read one route first and see how you like it, and then decide whether you want to read more routes later. No 18+ content in any form.

AkabeSoft has some great VNs, but a good one to start with would be Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. Like Chaos;HEAd, it isn't too long, and while there are multiple heroines, only a few scenes and the ending are dependent on them (no entire routes or anything). It does, however, have a few 18+ scenes, but they aren't really relevant to the main story itself.

Seconded with this, any VN from Nitro+, Key or Akabesoft... make sure you read G-Senjou no Maou, no matter what

Edited by Soledai

As far as anime.....

Monster.

You could also read it, but apparently the anime is good (haven't watched it though).

Baccano! is gr9 as well.

FMA Brotherhood is one of my absolute favorites.

And then Madoka to round out the list.

I hate you, Euklyd.

Seconding all of these, Boku no Pico, and Fate/Zero. Probably my favorite anime? Also watch Kaiba, nothing to do with the awesome duelist, but great anime regardless. And Ouran Host Club, I don't recommend that nearly as often as I SHOULD. And Summer Wars, great anime movie (oh, and The Girl Who Lept Through Time, of course).

If the main focus is to arouse 40 year old perverts, plz don't tell me about it.

lol. Not in an eternity could I describe how hilarious this is.

ps: good suggestions by someone with good taste

Watch Armoured Trooper Votoms

Don't read visual novels, they suck and are lame. Fate/Stay Night is really good if only because it's probably the only one I've read (or at all) that takes advantage of the medium really well, and even though most of it is really bad it also has some of my favorite things to ever happen in fiction.

whatever, give things that would arouse 40-year-olds then

EDIT: the gore (lack of...?) was disappointing and I might drop it anyways

Edited by Blyvern