Depends on how the children are paired, but it's pretty good. I'd swap Kellam for Virion on Nah, though, she'll have the same Mag but 3 more Skl (1 higher Skl mod, Skl+2 from Archer).

Depends on how the children are paired, but it's pretty good. I'd swap Kellam for Virion on Nah, though, she'll have the same Mag but 3 more Skl (1 higher Skl mod, Skl+2 from Archer).

But Kellan gives Nah amazing defense?

Def means nothing postgame, and Nah won't be up front where she can use it in any decent team anyway.

Maingame, even if you're grinding, tanks need to have both high Def and high Spd to survive, even before factoring in Counter. Kellam!Nah may be able to take Hawkeye, but she has nothing on Luna+. A proper tank won't be seriously hurt by anything more than multiple Luna+/Hawkeye enemies.

Defense is terrible to rely on in Lunatic +. Especially later on when Luna+ comes around and laughs at all your tanks

It makes a pretty good backup for when your Avo fails you, it's only no good by itself.

I have some questions about the reasonings behind some pairings, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Chrom/Olivia cause of 2 children with galeforce, both as physical

Gaius/Tharja cause of galeforce + good speed caps, can be used as physical or magical

Miriel/Gregor vantage + vengeance + AT? Laurent should be magical I guess

Sully/Donnel galeforce, physical unit

Sumia/Maribelle/Lissa + magic father, all galeforce + magical units, is it important which father is assigned to whom? If yes, could you please explain why? The only viable fathers are Henry/Ricken/Libra or am I mistaken here?

I definitely want to pair MaMU with Cordelia(+Str/-Lck) for physical Morgan/Severa, this shouldn't fail right?

I have no idea what to do with Panne, Cherche and Nowi and their childrens' specific roles, 2 of them are physical, that's all I know. Since I still have Vaike, Frederick, Lon'Qu, Kellam and Stahl left, who should stay solo until the end(please not Lon'Qu, he's too cool, derp)?

Edited by CurleyMustache

Sumia can only marry Chrom, Avatar, Fred, Gaius, and Henry. Brady doesn't care who his father is as long as he doesn't have negative Mag. Avatar x anyone except second gen will mean you have one child who can't marry anybody and only 6 2nd gen pairs instead of 7. Panne x Fred, Cherche x Vaike, Nowi x Stahl. Lon'qu goes good on Miriel, Cordelia and Maribelle.

Chrom/Olivia cause of 2 children with galeforce, both as physical

This pairing is mainly to give Inigo Luna without penalizing his spd--usually Ricken is paired with Lissa and Stahl is paired with Cordelia. Because you are not using Stahl, there's no strong reason to use Chrom x Olivia.

It leaves open that possibility, yes, but you can use AT as a standalone, since Celica's Gale is a pain to buy.

Sumia/Maribelle/Lissa + magic father, all galeforce + magical units, is it important which father is assigned to whom? If yes, could you please explain why? The only viable fathers are Henry/Ricken/Libra or am I mistaken here?

Sumia: Henry or Chrom. She only has 5 potential husbands. You are using MU elsewhere. Gaius is used to give GF to someone else. Frederick has terrible mod clash. That leaves Chrom or Henry.

Lissa: Ricken. While it's possible to use Owain for VV, he's not particularly good at it. GF boys' main advantage is to a second GF, which clashes with VV setup. Luna fits him better. Libra and Henry are possibilities.

Maribelle: As long as the husband does not have a significant mag penalty or a spd penalty, he is fine.

I have no idea what to do with Panne, Cherche and Nowi and their childrens' specific roles, 2 of them are physical, that's all I know. Since I still have Vaike, Frederick, Lon'Qu, Kellam and Stahl left, who should stay solo until the end(please not Lon'Qu, he's too cool, derp)?

Panne x Frederick to maximize Yarne's str while giving him back the wyvern tree (Deliverer and str+2).

Cherche x Vaike to give Gerome Axefaire berserker.

Nowi x Lon'qu because you don't want to leave him unmarried. Plus pairing him with an outgoing girl is great. :)

There are 6 girls and 6 boys, not counting Morgan. MU marrying gen 1 means one person in gen 2 can't marry. In your case, you have an extra girl. Because you want to marry Cordelia, you should deliberately shift power away from the extra girl to make the remaining children stronger. This should be Nah, because she cannot get both GF and a damage proc unless MU is her father.

Edited by Raftina

This should be Nah, because she cannot get both GF and a damage proc unless MU is her father.

Unless Gaius is her father, but he's needed for Tharja and Astra isn't reliable.

Believe it or not, Gregor gives great mods, and Laurent still gets +4 magic and all the skills he needs to be a great unit, despite lacking galeforce. Gregor is a great father who passes Vantage, Armsthrift and a handful of male-exclusive skills. Don't keep him unpaired.

FredxPanne, since Yarne doesn't need anything and Fred passes a nice STR mod. Plus Wyvern for extra support bonuses.

Cherche and Vaike is arguably a pairing that should stay, because Gerome will have the highest STR in the game aside from Morgan and get's Berserker for a great support. Gregor and Henry also work but they are better off elsewhere.

Unless her father is Gaius or the avatar, Nah is destined for support (or the bench). Go with Stahl since he wasn't paired with anyone. Lon'qu is also good. Go with whoever you feel like. Stahl = ATK Lon'qu = SPD, SKL

Good luck with Lunatic, it can be a pain, especially on your first try.

Actually Gregor!Laurent has +3 Mag, not +4.

VV Owain isn't as strong as Avatar/Laurent for pure damage output, but he has Galeforce. Not all Vengeance is used for VV, he can use it as a potent offensive proc (which works very well with double Galeforce as he can be in the back if there's a risk of damage).

Thank you all for the quick answers! I will probably change my plans since you pointed out that with marrying a 1st gen unit leaves 1 child alone and having more 2nd gen units is more appealing(although I'm perfectly fine with Virion staying forever alone lol).

So my current pairings are:

Chrom/Olivia

Sumia/Henry

Tharja/Gaius

Miriel/Gregor

Cherche/Vaike

Sully/Donnel

Lissa/Ricken

Maribelle/Libra

Panne/Fred

Cordelia/Lon'qu

Nowi/Stahl

MU/Severa for a fast physical Morgan(cause of +str asset, and cause I wanna :P)

I took all your advice and that's the result :)

All units will have LB, Yarne/Gerome will support the physical girls, does Aggressor work even if they are not leading? Should Laurent support Cynthia as she will probably be a caster, which skills would work on him or should he rather be leading? What about Nah? Also, I'd like to keep Noire as a sniper, simply to have at least have one, even if there are better classes, I just have no idea about skills and supports, and I'm also rather clueless on who should lead in my MU/Severa combo. Atm it's:

Laurent/Cynthia

Gerome/Lucina

Kjelle

Nah

Brady

Owain/would Cynthia be better here?

Morgan/Inigo?

Noire/Yarne? I think Inigo and Yarne are easily exchangeble here, dunno

Maybe I have too many physical units, not quite sure about this.

Sorry if those skill questions don't fit into this thread but I also want to hear some opinions on child pairings, as I didn't think alot about that before.

Ricken!Owain:

His Spd mod is +1.

With Dark Flier support, LB, Speed Tonic and full rallies, his Spd is 42(Sage)+1(mod)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+8(DarkFlier)+2(Tonic)=73.

If you need him to double Anna, you are required to put an All+2 which forces you drop off his either Tomefaire or Luna.

A Sage with Spd+3 mod will never have this problem.

Henry!Cynthia:

Her Spd mod is +4.

With Sage support, LB, Speed Tonic and full rallies, her Spd is 42(DF)+4(mod)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+3(Sage)+2(Tonic)=71.

Only equipping both All+2 and Spd+2 enables her to double Anna.

But on the other hand, she will never have a problem to double Berserker.

Laurent/Cynthia

Gerome/Lucina

Kjelle

Nah

Brady

Owain/would Cynthia be better here?

Morgan/Inigo?

Noire/Yarne? I think Inigo and Yarne are easily exchangeble here, dunno

The main important thing is to pair up physical units with physical and magical with magical, as well as to ensure that you have at least one Galeforce per pair. In light of that, I'd recommend:

Inigo x Nah

Owain x Noire/Kjelle

Brady x Noire/Kjelle

Morgan x Yarne/Gerome

Lucina x Yarne/Gerome

Cynthia x Laurent

Unfortunately your physical/magical distribution is a little awkward, forcing both Kjelle and Noire to be magical (neither of them have Tomefaire, at least they have DF). If you changed Nah to Virion!Nah and made her a Sage, you could put her on Owain/Brady and give Inigo to Noire/Kjelle (which would let one of them by physical).

Avatar and Severa are both physical so VV is out of the question, make Severa be a Hero or Wyvern Lord. Wyverns need 5+ Spd and a Berserker support to be good, both Morgan and Severa have that.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Yeah I will probably change from Stahl!Nah to Virion!Nah, I guess Noire has to be magical then, since Donnel!Kjelle has -1 magic, or is the difference so small that I can still use Noire as a sniper if Kjelle is magical(I really dig them)?

Current pairings:

Inigo x Noire/Kjelle(whoever is physical)

Laurent x Cynthia

Morgan x Gerome (Berserker)

Lucina x Yarne(Wyvern)

Brady x Nah

Owain x last girl left

Severa x MU

Severa will be a Hero, which class should MU be? Laurent will probably use VV, so skillbuild is VV, LB, Tomefaire + filler? I know that Galeforce should be passed to all boys, are there any male only skills worth passing down to the girls?

Edit: No idea about MU's class, any pointers?

Edited by CurleyMustache

Avatar should be a Berserker, Laurent's fifth skill is usually Agg, All+2 or DS+.

Axefaire is a good passdown to females if they'll ever have any need for it while Despoil can speed up grinding a bit. Gaius should pass Sol.

One more thing about magical Kjelle/Noire, they make good Brides (Bride attacks physically but gives +Mag/Spd) alongside the Galeboys. Unfortunately they won't get +Str when they're up front, but they're not boss combat units anyway and it won't matter for the grunts. Noire has Bowfaire and Lancefaire, Kjelle has just Lancefaire.

Avatar should be a Berserker, Laurent's fifth skill is usually Agg, All+2 or DS+.

Axefaire is a good passdown to females if they'll ever have any need for it while Despoil can speed up grinding a bit. Gaius should pass Sol.

One more thing about magical Kjelle/Noire, they make good Brides (Bride attacks physically but gives +Mag/Spd) alongside the Galeboys. Unfortunately they won't get +Str when they're up front, but they're not boss combat units anyway and it won't matter for the grunts. Noire has Bowfaire and Lancefaire, Kjelle has just Lancefaire.

Thanks alot, you really helped me out there. I will make Kjelle a Bride then(matches her personality!) and Noire will be a sniper paired with Inigo, I want to use his Galeforce as well, so I guess Berserker doesn't really fit here because he has to lead sometimes as well, which class would you recommend for him, Hero?

Brady and Nah both as sages or should I rather use Brady as a Sorc since Waste > Celica's or is sage speed mandatory, same question about Laurent, Cynthia as a Dark Flier should be fine imo.

You plan to use Laurent for VV: Cynthia as dark flier is acceptable, but sage is better because +6 skl (combined) and +2 mag on the support complements the setup better than high movement.

You don't plan to use Laurent for VV: Cynthia as dark flier is fine, but Laurent should have a different father than Gregor.

You plan to use Laurent for VV: Cynthia as dark flier is acceptable, but sage is better because +6 skl (combined) and +2 mag on the support complements the setup better than high movement.

You don't plan to use Laurent for VV: Cynthia as dark flier is fine, but Laurent should have a different father than Gregor.

Problem is, I have Henry!Cynthia so she can't be a sage.

One more question, I have Ricken!Owain and Libra!Brady, Owain's best proc is Luna, but what about Brady? Atm he's paired with Nah but he only has Vengeance if I'm not mistaken, are there better options?

Instead of:

Brady x Nah

Owain x Kjelle(I wanted to keep the Inigo x Noire pairing)

I would swap the girls with Kjelle leading, but there are no decent magical lead classes for her because Donnel is her father. Maybe I forgot to mention anything else important about my other pairings, all posts are on page 2.

Donnel!Kjelle can lead magically as a Valkyrie or Dark Flier, Valkyrie has 1 more Spd but Dark Flier gives 1 more Spd (and has 3 more Skl). She won't have Tomefaire, but it's not terrible.