christ what is wrong with people did they even pay attention when playing this piece of shit

Edited by #RR. shinpichu

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S FINALLY OVER

[spoiler=ALL BAD THINGS MUST COME TO END]

CFAAu6H.png

It's kind of funny how you could skip the last two updates and then it would look here like we hadn't progressed at all.

This time you run up for like... 10 seconds or something. Woop.

o23XCp9.pngQr3AJjI.png

I think it's obvious who's going to win. It's blatantly overpowered Ubers vs a team of scrubs.

(Spoilers it's the team of scrubs because I have savestate abuse.)

VzguUA6.pngxsBtT1q.pngWxgPppL.png

Because it's a dick.

Even now I only sort of follow what's happening to be honest. I THINK it's meant to be the two timelines talking (yes this sounds dumb but it's Ruby Destiny so that's kind of expected) but I'm not sure.

zfrlEt1.pngx0yEe0q.png

Aren't together and separated kiiiiiiind of opposites?

gsiJa3I.pngaKDV0V3.pngkY2zaEl.png

This isn't Persona 3, stop acting like we've figured out what the meaning of life is.

Hp17IIJ.pnge5zj3J7.png

Not everyone can sentence properly too.

L8H6CZi.pnghDXmgxH.png

This seems like an abusive relationship. Poor timeline-chan...

06XvBZv.pngd4Godpk.png

Also lol I just noticed Angellean looks completely fucked up.

I have no idea how they're here either. I guess they didn't die horribly in the other timeline???

zi7Kdta.pngCyhRzCu.png6PjCwNs.png

Please stop trying to teach morals in a video game.

kuj8Ik9.pnglIrQDhB.png0XA3dMq.png

I would wish for this hack to vanish from the internet.

7eWk5aB.pngB2WjkUi.pnggBlIDqC.png

I think this is the last time we'll see a screen full of ellipsises? That's kind of a weird thought...

80Q1h5q.pngATBi7g1.png

"maybe i fucked up but just roll with it lol"

QXC2SdE.pnguXESWyF.pngflfVZ6I.png

Somebody isn't genre savvy.

cpz7al9.pngrRQReqY.pngyqbAZcp.png

Zah doesn't even fight in this battle... it's kind of silly.

7pBrsqI.pngI0Lczob.png

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN

zHdeuMZ.png

IT'S TIME

Ql5Bj40.png

FINAL BATTLE GO

complete with awkward spacing because of no trainer class, awkward

DaDU5ES.png

WE'RE OFF TO A GOOD START BOYS

(I reset to try and figure out a different strategy.)

Irdiae4.png

I might look kind of insane, but lowering the speed on these things is actually pretty helpful since they both have the potential to OHKO things with some of their attacks.

Basically I have a plan.

k2RoEZf.png

THIS WAS NOT PART OF THE PLAN

Several reloads later...

cD1F6Pa.png

Based Excadrill destroys Angellean. STAB 170 power is as broken as you would expect.

nXMskvy.png11gnUvQ.png0vPK3h3.png

keikaku.jpg

(except for Excadrill dying to get me there, but still.)

wCrKE1L.png

I think this is the point where I should mention Devihel has a renamed Heat Wave and 4/6 of Manix's team are weak to fire?

Everything sucks. I restarted.

Gtqp6u1.png

NO

(he healed)

bf2xK2q.png

NO AGAIN

zRRN5hY.png

I KILLED IT AT SOME POINT

Devihel is a fucker to kill.

LWH1etj.png

I think Galvantula's health was in the red before he even attacked? Might must be a Professional Pokemon Player.

1X4WXp4.pngLL34vfj.png9YU5XA0.png

Fuck life.

S5sR1MP.png

Shaymin MVP. I don't even remember what it did...

NsYAlHf.png

THREE DOWN

We'll kill Devihel at some point.

JTIrojU.png

Oh god no.

TZCsbyc.png

NO (it died)

uEbvBEv.png

oh god why

it has wish as well

ENalBVp.png

Hey, I just met you,

And this is crazy,

But fuck Devihel,

Don't heal it, maybe?

h8sjgao.png

WHY DID MY SINGING NOT WORK

bno6dtA.png

This was a +6 attack STAB 170 base power hit coming from an Excadrill.

Ruby Destiny is so bulky it's horseshit.

T9avBG8.png

But eventually, it dies all the same.

7VNJqPJ.png

...And then Giratina dies to an anticlimactic critical OHKO for the win?

Thank god.

0MZUSlv.pngmuAPWFp.png

THE POWER OF SAVE STATES IS UNSTOPPABLE

zxzjjbh.png

Also the text on this background kind of hurts my eyes.

UEOw4L0.png

No shit, Sherlock.

8i1xQH0.pngS1N0Vy4.png

Because of the ~magic of plot convenience~ everything is okay now.

8oWeJ2X.pngqxkZUJO.pngvrwvLsI.pngTt6rkz5.png

I don't even know what's going on here.

ngjqTFB.pngZyhgwuV.png86A0Haw.png

If I remember anything about the fourth game, they don't manage it.

y8OvcXQ.pngt6L5eyD.png

It's not like we've heard THIS a thousand times before.

v4FleIe.png

NEVER MIND THIS WAS THE LAST TIME GUYS

3Kp77Bg.png

"For this LP to be over."

wadyZPp.png

And uh... that's it.

njoIw4R.png

THIRD HALL OF FAME SCREEN YEAH

I'll post final thoughts stuff in another post later, but it's finally done! Thanks to everyone for reading, I hope you enjoyed my suffering more then I did.

now you can NUZLOCKE IT

i considered it but endgame would be literally impossible

i dont think i showed the sheer number of revives i used

although i did see someone manage to pull it off on the nuzlocke forums somehow but yeah getting to level 100 legit doesn't sound fun anyway

Edited by SB.

Well, congratulations! You did it, it's over. You're going to play the other games in the series now right

Really, instead of making a 50-hour-long or however much time this took journey of madness, he should have refocused his effort into making a thirty-minute hack that WASN'T CRAP.

I was actually thinking of a different person's run of the game when you posted that but it seems interesting. I'll probably give it a read at some point.

Anyway, my final thoughts on the game and stuff are below. I rambled on for a bit longer then I expected but oh well.

[spoiler=i'm tired of caps lock okay]

This sure was a game.

/done

Seriously though, this game frustrated me a lot. Not just because it was bad, but because jagold clearly knows how to hack well and has the drive to actually get out a finished product (which is more then 99% of hacks manage, regardless of what game they're trying to hack) and actually managed to implement stuff like day/night and other ASM features. The problem was well... the application.

From what I've seen just from lurking Pokecommunity/Nuzlocke forums from time to time, it feels like Pokemon hackers add a bunch of stuff in there just because they can, not because it's a good idea. Or because it's, you know, fun. Also the plot is overly complicated and full of holes when Pokemon isn't meant to be a heavily story driven series. Black/White and their sequels managed to pull it off fine, but they didn't have extremely long cutscenes every few minutes or send you charging across the region without Fly for 75% of the game. The lack of thought shows with stuff like the Cold Scarf, the Elite 17 and the generally absurd level curve, and it hurts it a lot.

It's a shame, because like I said this had the potential to actually be a decent game, and it's still fine to play if you just plow through it with your mind turned off (until you get to the point where you lose all of your badges and start getting tired of it's shit...) but sadly that's not the case. I actually bothered to listen to the music and stuff and I don't really have any issues with it or anything, and the general mapping is fine overall aside from the early routes being absurdly long. Aside from a few fringe cases the balance isn't horribly skewed until lategame either, although playing without Rare Candies sounds tedious as hell. But the ridiculous plot, bloated cast of generic or plain unlikeable characters and some very stupid gameplay decisions let it down a lot.

It's not like it's impossible to have fun with the game, because I did at points (despite all of my bashing on it), but it baffles me that it receives so much praise when it screws up a lot. Hopefully Skyline will be better? I'll probably play it but I dunno if I'll LP it unless it's as ridiculous as this game. I already have something else planned out to but I dunno if/when it'll happen in the end so we'll see.

Thanks to Manix for giving me his save so I could finish this without having to go through everything again and thanks again for reading/commenting. I'll see you all on the next trainwreck I guess?

I found it funny how he eventually took back everything he said as the run went on.

Best parts of that thread:

"Primeape@Choice Band Lv49: Cross Chop, Vital Throw, Bulk Up, Double Team"
"Yes, he put Cute Charm on a genderless legendary. Fantastic."
"Here's a funny joke- there are people who have complained on the hack thread that destinedjagold should take Perish Song away from Lapras because it makes this too easy."
12Wto.png

POKEDOLLS, MY ONE WEAKNESS

I'm actually semi-considering the Nuzlocke run now. Help.

ijqB7C5.png

*looks at female player's backsprite*

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER HAIR!" (said a good number of people in the other LP thread)

like this one

[spoiler=god why]NOTE: LIFE OF GUARDIANS IS THE THIRD RUBY DESTINY GAME, BUT IT HOLDS A SEPERATE STORY AND THUS THE PAST GAMES DO NOT NEED TO BE PLAYED.

Reccomendation: 10/10, A must-play Pokemon ROM Hack.

The story starts with what most hacks begin on. A young boy/girl growing up to be a trainer in a new region, but this starts off a bit different.

First the protagonist which I shall refer as he, wishes to become a Guardian Trainer, trainers which command, have bonded and ultimately protect the Legendary Pokemon, Guardians Pokemon which take roles in the past game "Ruby Destiny" Games.

She runs into problems with his childhood friend, as an old woman running away from the evil and quite literal- "Dark Organization", the old woman asks for help and lets the hero and his friend use her Pokemon.

Time passes.

The Hero seeks to become a "Guardian Trainer" and now he must challenge the Eight Elemental Masters and ultimately challenge the Pokemon League, but shadows reign over the region Hevah as the Dark Organazation, and something much, much darker awakens....

Scripting:

One of the most scripted ROM Hacks I've ever played, for god's sake, you can chose the path of good, evil and neutral at a point in the game, the scenes are amazing, the scripting I simply can't put it into words.

10/10

Storyline:

Probably, and possibly the best storyline of any Pokemon ROM Hack, with its powerful scripting events you'll get stuck playing the game wondering what will happen next, it's large set of rivals, the Guardians and their emotional turmoils against the Dark Organazation becomes visible and trust me, as my friend said. "You'll feel stuff playing this."

10/10

Setting:

The Fake Pokemon became worrying, but I soon grew fond of them as my challengers used them against me and I fought on; the atmosphere of the Henova Region is one of the well-most made regions I've seen. You won't be disappointed as you will soon wish for Nintendo to make a game out of the Henova Region.

10/10

Sprites:

The Fake Pokemon became favorite Pokemons as the amazing story backed by the grand scripting and their sprites looked better every passing second. The Fourth and Fifth Generation Pokemon also looked extrordinary, average trainers got new-incredible sprites. But some gym leaders and story characters have some sprites borrowed from other games. But that's the only downfall, and even those sprites look great.

9/10

Music:

A somewhat of a dissapointment for such a game, but for some reason as I kept playing on I found the music to become more attracting, as I started to enjoy the battles and the music. But sometimes it just feels out of place. Yet, the variety though limited, most of the time feels well-placed.

8/10

Difficulty:

One of the hardest ROM Hack I've played. The "Elemental Masters" replacing the Gym Leaders are increasingly difficult with slick strategies theses Elemental Masters will catch you off guard. And don't get me started on the "Pokemon League", dear lord, it took me various tries to pass such a difficult challenge.

You have various rivals, some of them even carry legendary fake Pokemons, which after a few times after battling them, you'll see your rival sends out that Fake Pokemon which he has uses to hamper your momentum.

Even average trainers become difficult late in game, as soon you realize the forced-lack of winning money, thus forcing you to strategize on how many full restores to buy and use in battles.

10/10

Replayability: Moderatly High.

source, don't even give a fuck if its from reddit or not, its still a review

Yeah,this is totally a good hack, right? inb4 it's a misnomer.

In today's standards, this would probably get a much lower rating.

I'm actually semi-considering the Nuzlocke run now. Help.

Nuuu~ Don't do it. You're only going to go through a lot more pain and suffering than you already have, so have mercy on yourself.

first off, congratz and mad respect. i would of hacked it just to spite the bullshit with uber salamence dragon claw.

Also the story is one of the most hilarious shit i have ever read. its like a cross between xilla 2's plot and the pokemon multiverse theory to come full circle and beat your genderbent evil twin who failed to beat zah in their timeline. Also I think that review was complete sarcasm.

• 4 months later...