I see plenty of people around with Nasuverse-related avatars, so I think it would be reasonable to have a place to discuss this multiverse.

For those who don't know, the Nasuverse is the multiverse which includes all the works of TYPE-MOON's Kinoko Nasu. These works include, but are not limited to:

Tsukihime series (Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, and Melty Blood)

Fate/ series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Fate/EXTRA, Fate/EXTRA CCC, Fate/Unlimited Codes, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, and Fate/Apocrypha)

Kara no Kyoukai

Mahou Tsukai no Yoru

Canaan

DDD

and others.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen anyone mention Tsukihime anywhere, as VN suggestion or to discuss or anything...

But eh, does here even play Melty Blood?

I think my theme shows which character I like best. XD

Saber... Ahh, too much Saber is bad for my health(like too much sweets and candy)

I've never seen anyone mention Tsukihime anywhere, as VN suggestion or to discuss or anything...

Well, the art is horrible. The necks... oh my.

And the soundtrack is way more repetitive than F/SN - at least it felt like that. It's still a great VN but flaws are way more conspicuous.

I've noticed this neck thing you mention(It's not so bad), but... I suppose you can chalk that up to Takeuchi being in his early days?

Incidentally, I happen to adore the soundtrack especially song01 or 'Emotion' as the Ever After ost calls... and the Ever After version of Gekka...

(Can those really pass as reasons for not mentioning it though?)

I couldn't really say why, but I clicked with Tsukihime slightly more than I did with F/SN...

Edited by Soledai

Saber... Ahh, too much Saber is bad for my health(like too much sweets and candy)

If it counts, it's Shiki > Arcueid > Saber for me among the nasuverse main ladies.

Now then, to generally get the talk thing going on, what is DDD about?

And where I can get some reading done on Fate Apocrypha?

If it counts, it's Shiki > Arcueid > Saber for me among the nasuverse main ladies.

That's like me, except in reverse, for me it Saber > Shiki > Arcueid...

Everyone who has a picture related to the Nasuverse is automatically required to post here, right?

I'd say so, If this came around when I still had my Alice Kuonji avatar, I'd have asked the same thing

I used to play, was never very good at it because I couldn't be bothered learning moves outside of screwing around battling my cousin, and the art style isn't too appealing to me. Kouma was the man.

And the soundtrack is way more repetitive than F/SN - at least it felt like that. It's still a great VN but flaws are way more conspicuous.

1344649036201.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about.

I really like Gilgamesh, he's such a badass motherfucker despite being the world's most arrogant douchebag. Best villain of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero (for me) would have to go to Kotomine Kirei though; he's just so interesting.

Oh, and to be the stereotypical internet male weeb, my favorite women are Ilyasviel, Rin, Saber, and Irisviel. Favorite dudebros are already mentioned, already mentioned, Kiritsugu, Fate/Zero Rider, and that serial killer from Fate/Zero whose name escapes me (but he was so COOOOOOOOOL, as he'd say).

EDIT Yeah, if it wasn't obvious, I've only watched Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, and like one episode of Carnival Phantasm (best opening ever 'mirite)...whoops?

Edited by Refa

Stop plx 8(

I read Tsukihime just for her, I was so disappointed when I saw that her sprite was the most screwed up one.

I don't normally dog pile, but yeah, Akiha is my leading lady, so that was just really weird to see.

Since peoples here are Nasuverse fans im going to share a little game: Battle Moon Wars (BMW)

It is a srpg similar to SRW and FE based on Nasuverse characters and Nasuverse setting.

"Similar to the Super Robot Wars series except uses Type-Moon visual novel characters, such as Tsukihime, Fate/stay night and several original characters made exclusive by Werk. This game is an SRPG (or TRPG), not a visual novel."

mainArt.jpg

So why am I going out of my way to post this here? Me and Kopf are trying to do a draft run but we are one person short due to the game's lack of popularity.

There are the people who say Tsukihime is better than FSN, and, in a way, it is. The story is much darker in some of the routes IMO. But I agree that FSN is way more polished and therefore, objectively, the better VN.

What I like the most in Nasu's works, however, is the "rules", those things with character ratings and Noble Phantasm/Reality Marble listings, and special abilities ranked EX to E. I copied some of that stuff for my own works. :P

Reminds myself that I still need to watch Fate/Zero...

There are the people who say Tsukihime is better than FSN, and, in a way, it is. The story is much darker in some of the routes IMO. But I agree that FSN is way more polished and therefore, objectively, the better VN.

...You meant to say subjective, just because it's more polished, which is a natural occurance as talent develops, does not mean that it is factually better, that's just an opinion, therefore subjective.

I agree with you about the story, though.

Edited by Soledai

...You meant to say subjective, just because it's more polished, which is a natural occurance as talent develops, does not mean that it is factually better, that's just an opinion, therefore subjective.

I agree with you about the story, though.

I said objectively because Tsukihime had more of an impact on me, so if I was being subjective I'd go with Tsukihime. My favorite Nasu written piece is Arcueid's route, followed by Unlimited Blade Works in FSN. But I acknowledge FSN is simply much better written and has better art.

Also, it's quite often that fans consider the first work of an author to be their best, even though their talent is supposed to have developed as they wrote. I've found people on Beast's Lair (the main English board for Nasuverse) who genuinely preferred Tsukihime and found it to be the superior work.

The bad ends in both of them still give me the creeps. Nasu is CRUEL with his characters when he wants to be. :P I guess it's his way of punishing the player-reader for doing something wrong.

How did I miss a Nasu thread, I love this stuff

Read FS/N, the translated chunk of F/HA, Tsukihime, Plus Disc, Kagetsu Tohya, F/Z

Played F/extra and play Melty since Act Cadenza (C-Kouma, F-Akiha, hit me up if you wanna play WHENEVER)

watched all the KnKs, Carnival Phantasm, and the adaptations that arent terrible

I've been fixin to read Witch on the Holy Night and Apocrypha when they're translated, and Notes, and I'll get around to that when I get on break

Now check this, I read FS/N first but I like Tsukihime better

is FS/N takeuchi's better work out of the two? yes

does FS/N have its power level bullshit a little more straight than Tsukihime? yes

is Shirou a more compelling MC than Shiki? yep

FS/N was structured better, sounded better, looked better, and is just better but you know what

Tsukihime is a story of quiet mania building up to a fever pitch, every time, every route, and everyone is crazy and whack stuff is happening everywhere

and I love it for that

if I had to define it

FS/N is more of a character study on a broken person, and Tsukihime is about the interactions and passions between unstable people

also Akiha is my waifu so you know

What I like the most in Nasu's works, however, is the "rules", those things with character ratings and Noble Phantasm/Reality Marble listings, and special abilities ranked EX to E. I copied some of that stuff for my own works. :P

Reminds myself that I still need to watch Fate/Zero...

We all know that the only reason Nasu even made all those rules is so that the characters were all the more badass when they broke those rules.

How did I miss a Nasu thread, I love this stuff

Read FS/N, the translated chunk of F/HA, Tsukihime, Plus Disc, Kagetsu Tohya, F/Z

Played F/extra and play Melty since Act Cadenza (C-Kouma, F-Akiha, hit me up if you wanna play WHENEVER)

watched all the KnKs, Carnival Phantasm, and the adaptations that arent terrible

I've been fixin to read Witch on the Holy Night and Apocrypha when they're translated, and Notes, and I'll get around to that when I get on break

Now check this, I read FS/N first but I like Tsukihime better

is FS/N takeuchi's better work out of the two? yes

does FS/N have its power level bullshit a little more straight than Tsukihime? yes

is Shirou a more compelling MC than Shiki? yep

FS/N was structured better, sounded better, looked better, and is just better but you know what

Tsukihime is a story of quiet mania building up to a fever pitch, every time, every route, and everyone is crazy and whack stuff is happening everywhere

and I love it for that

if I had to define it

FS/N is more of a character study on a broken person, and Tsukihime is about the interactions and passions between unstable people

also Akiha is my waifu so you know

I might have to see about that Melty one of these days, the only time I played Melty online, was that one demo and I mostly got ate up by a sick F-Arcueid player.

I gotta say, Shirou only beats Shiki in terms of battle badassery, but in terms of personality... yikes

I wouldn't mention Tsukihime for VN suggestion because Nasu's writing is quite crappy imo and Tsukihime is no exception. While I did enjoy reading Tsukihime a lot, I would rather recommend something more well-refined and properly written.

I played Actress Again a bit, if that counts.

And the soundtrack is way more repetitive than F/SN - at least it felt like that.

^This. Never have I read a VN with a duller soundtrack than Tsukihime. At least Kagetsu Tohya had a few good tracks.

I've noticed this neck thing you mention(It's not so bad), but... I suppose you can chalk that up to Takeuchi being in his early days?

I've never noticed any neck thing. I assume the giraffe!Akiha was a joke on how long the necks of Tsukihime characters are, which I have never noticed.

I couldn't really say why, but I clicked with Tsukihime slightly more than I did with F/SN...

Same here. I still prefer Tsukihime over Fate/Stay Night, but if I had to compare the two on individual aspects, Fate/Stay Night would win almost all of them.

Since peoples here are Nasuverse fans im going to share a little game: Battle Moon Wars (BMW)

It is a srpg similar to SRW and FE based on Nasuverse characters and Nasuverse setting.

"Similar to the Super Robot Wars series except uses Type-Moon visual novel characters, such as Tsukihime, Fate/stay night and several original characters made exclusive by Werk. This game is an SRPG (or TRPG), not a visual novel."[/size]

So why am I going out of my way to post this here? Me and Kopf are trying to do a draft run but we are one person short due to the game's lack of popularity.

...why didn't you ever tell me about this in IP Chat?

Anyhow, is this game translated?