How do you feel about thunderstorms?

Knight

How do you feel about Lightning and Thunder?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning and Thunder?

• I'm deathly afraid of lightning and thunder.
    • Not a fan.
    • I don't really mind it.
    • It's cool to watch/listen to.
    • Thunderstorms are awesome.
    • I AM THOR!

Had to vote I AM THOR because well

Moreso in real life though, they're interesting to look at, certainly, really cool to examine the science of them too, but they're also a hazard to my occupation so it's a bit of a double-edged sword there. Cool and all, but can potentially fry my livelihood. Especially a problem when I absolutely need to program on the desktop and switching to an unplugged laptop is not an option.

Alas.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hate them. I'm not afraid, but they're annoying as fuck, interrupt my sleep, I can't go swimming when there's one, and they drive the dogs up the fucking wall. Fuck thunder.

I live in NotNoMan'sLand so I rarely ever see storms at all. As a result all of my fondest memories were of breaks or vacations when we would visit family that lived in Maryland at the time. It wasn't uncommon for there to be a storm or two that occurred during our stay, with and without heavy downpour and all. I vividly remember a very warm evening during one summer break when there was a loud and constant thunderstorm. I sat in the rec room on the second floor which overlooked their backyard, and stared outside. They lived in the middle of a forest, and had ten acres of land that surrounded the home, so from my vantage [point I could see a large clearing surrounded by the edge of the woods. And in the clearing were these lightning bugs that would flitter around for a bit before retreating back within the trees. In between flashes from the thunderstorm I'd watch them zip around. It was all quite beautiful.

Hate them. I'm not afraid, but they're annoying as fuck, interrupt my sleep, I can't go swimming when there's one, and they drive the dogs up the fucking wall. Fuck thunder.

Appropriate, since you have a 2X weakness. But don't you have swift swim? :]

Appropriate, since you have a 2X weakness. But don't you have swift swim? :]

Nah, Water Absorb. I wasn't bred for my hidden ability tyvm ;)

I used to hate thunderstorms with extreme prejudice when I lived in Pennsylvania. Our electricity would almost always go out during a thunderstorm, and, living in the boondocks as we were, the power would remain out for hours on end. This is no longer a problem in my current home, so I've come to enjoy them.