FEE3 2014

Arch

my god, over an hour and half for road to ruin?

Also, for Elibian Nights, assuming the Nils x Naga conversation is in that chapter.

Jahn (Or Yahn as you call him) isn't guarding Idoun's seal, that's for certain.

He's actually responsible for what happened to Idoun (making of a Demon Dragon that is). He's one of the few that captured Idoun and after the Scouring, he laid in hiding tending to his wounds, until he sensed the awakening of Idoun.

I'm pretty sure I'm being trolled, but, better get it out of my guts than have a false fan-canon that shouldn't happen happens.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually responsible for what happened to Idoun (making of a Demon Dragon that is). He's one of the few that captured Idoun and after the Scouring, he laid in hiding tending to his wounds, until he sensed the awakening of Idoun.

When is it specifically pointed that Yahn is behind Idenn's capture?

I'm pretty sure I'm being trolled, but, better get it out of my guts than have a false fan-canon that shouldn't happen happens.

I would argue that the fact that you don't like the direction a writer takes with something does nothing to its validity/invalidity.

my god, over an hour and half for road to ruin?

DoF was something like 2 hours last year for one chapter. I believe that's several RtR chapters strung together.

He mentioned it on his chapter where he continues to babbles to Roy about Idoun's history. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. But I can assure you Yahn/Jahn would rather break Idoun out and use her than guard her.

He didn't, but he made it fairly clear he was part of the faction who did capture her. Not likely someone Naga would have chosen to guard Idounn.

Also, according to FE6 he never left the Dragon Temple:

Jahn:

“You have come far. I am in the chamber right in front of you. It has been long since I last met humans in my true form. I have not left this place ever since the war.”

Roy:

“You… You were always here?”

Jahn:

“One thousand years… Having survived the Scouring, I waited, healing my wounds in the process. I waited for the resurrection of the Dark Dragon that would bring hope to us Dragons again. And that time finally came. The Dark Dragon’s seal was broken, and I felt power flowing in my veins again.”

,....Apparently they punch fire....

That's a new bug...

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY TO YOU?!

Man, you don't know how long those old ladies have been trapped in that cave, bathing in their hate.

Edited by Siuloir

A part of me wants for you to leave that in; fire punching golems are kinda charming, haha.

That's pretty much the place I'm at.

I should fix it, but I it was so out of nowhere and hilarious to me that I kind of just want to leave it alone...

Were those sfx ingame or did ray add those? They were awesome.

Sorry, Klok, I added a number of them myself. E:

Doesn't seem awful to me....

(I noticed that an LP wasn't requested but one was recorded anyway, so the trailer is at the very beginning)

I don't have much of a problem with them in relation to my internet speeds. Seems to load somewhat fine.

What I do take issue with is what I'm watching are a bunch of boring let's plays.

Was hoping that these videos would be more like trailers and teasers of these hacks, or maybe we'd find out some interesting things about them akin to behind the scenes kind of thing.

There were a few comments of this sort in the video of Arch's hacks, but I mostly glossed over them because the video was so long and most of it was absolutely boring.

Come on guys, you can do so much better with this, it's been years and it's still so bad.

Why is every video so long? Use some editing, damn. Like literally every video so far has been more than an hour, often an hour and a half, and a couple were like 2 hours :/

Think of the Australians and their bandwidth.

Every video was fairly long last year as well. I at least assumed that was the way it was done.
Most of the E3 live stuff was that long this year as well. I definitely watched a good hour plus of DA: Inquisition.
Watch in segments? I personally don't care for 3 minute trailers that amount to a bunch of out of context story segments and animation cuts.

Was hoping that these videos would be more like trailers and teasers of these hacks, or maybe we'd find out some interesting things about them akin to behind the scenes kind of thing.

There were a few comments of this sort in the video of Arch's hacks, but I mostly glossed over them because the video was so long and most of it was absolutely boring.

Come on guys, you can do so much better with this, it's been years and it's still so bad.

Actual E3 runs trailers, and then longer playthroughs which usually have developer commentary over them - Seeing as this is just GBAFE, the segments of developer commentary usually devoted to explaining mechanics or discussing the game itself are largely going to be redundant, since everyone knows how GBAFE goes at this point. That leaves talking about the story, I suppose - I would have happily LP'd and commentated alongside the people playing my project (had I not been travelling at the time), so maybe that's the way you get the the sort of behind the scenes/interesting details you're looking for.

I think the big problem with things is that no one in the community besides the very small group of people who do FEE3 and the hackers themselves provide any sort of input as to what they want to see, or do anything to lend any sort of assistance.

In short, if people want better, there's plenty of room for increased collaboration, but people would rather passively consume and be entertained than actually engage in meaningful collaboration (such is human nature). Gotta step up to the plate if you're interested in the betterment of things.

Anything can be improved upon, it just becomes an issue of available workforce, that group's skillset, and tim.

Edited by Siuloir

while i think the video could be shorter and edited better. I'm sure it's a lot of work for Ray. He's lp'ing like every hack in a relatively short time. It'd be draining for anyone to edit them all.

If I can speak for myself for just a little regarding video length, I didn't have a lot of time to edit 2/3ds of the projects I was handed since they were given to me about two days before show time; I had to record all of those the next day and prep them for video editing on the next(being the day of the show).

On another hand, I had plenty of time to edit the Inheritance of Ash, Death or Glory, and Elibian Nights videos, but I choose to keep the length long because that's kinda how I do things on my channel usually, 'specially if there's co-commentary. I only cut things out if they are dreadfully dull and nothing of real progress is being made. Though given the aggressive uploads and length of the videos tonight, I apologize for any and all viewing inconvenience I may have caused.

Speaking of, here's the last video I have for you tonight.

I'll have more tomorrow, hopefully much more sporadic over the course of the day.