Sunshine

As for the problem with the mages, well the problem is I didn't get those results. The Random Number God is a fickle mistress.

this is another reason why personal experiences cannot trump more quantitative things like expected values.

Edit: I'm sorry, I never responded to one of your earlier comments. For future reference, this is the reason why I "hate tiers": I don't hate people who create tiers, nor do I hate the tiers themselves. In fact, I will consult them to see what others think. It's when people take tiers to be the greatest resource when playing a game, or when they use tiers to judge or put down. If you want to do a "Low tier" run or a "Mid tier" run, okay. That's cool, but when you laugh at people for using a "Low tier" character seriously, I get irritated. Not saying anyone here does this at all, I've never seen someone do this, though I've only been here about a month or so.

people often perceive that they are being mocked for their unit choices when they are in fact being mocked for believing that a bad unit is good. these are two different things. one can understand that a unit is bad while making a conscious decision to use him, but some more casual players do not see a difference between the two.

Edited by dondon151

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not complaining or anything, I was just making the comment that everyone uses her don't worry lol

I bet the debt was mainly because of Ray

Maybe he meant that people fanboy more about more cute and sexy characters over other characters I'm guessing

Ah, alright. XD

Ray was so awesome, I just love him~ <3

Also, I personally fanboy over a lot of the boy characters more than the girl ones. I do have a few girls I fanboy over in the series though.

Edit:

this is another reason why personal experiences cannot trump more quantitative things like expected values.

people often perceive that they are being mocked for their unit choices when they are in fact being mocked for believing that a bad unit is good. these are two different things. one can understand that a unit is bad while making a conscious decision to use him, but some more casual players do not see a difference between the two.

No... Some people can get out of hand when it comes to tiers. Like I said though, I don't hate tiers for being tiers, nor do I hate people who make the tiers, but simply do I hate the people who take the tiers, and ride on them like the wings of an eagle. And yes, I know about the RNG being a reason why personal experience doesn't do much, which is why I specifically asked for the experiences of a community. It's like a survey. You don't get the right answer off the experiences of a single person, but the consensus of a community. Similar in how tiers are made, but slightly more subjective.

Preferring attractive characters over less-attractive characters is, like, the lowest form of sexism. It's not even worth pointing out.

Pent is RNG proof, though. He usually won't need any more than his base stats to function pretty much for the rest of the game.

Additionally, the game never requires you to use a magic unit.

I love magic users with a burning passion that burns with the red hot intensity of a thousand elfires. Besides the lords and maybe one or two paladins, the only physical units I truly use consistently are Raven and Guy. (Though I wish Guy had more Con...)

Edited by Marek

Agreed man. Nino is freaking boss like hell. Like Seth level OP

Not really an apt comparison, since Seth comes out of the box as powerful and Nino requires a level of training effort not at all in line with what she offers.

do i use nino? nah, she's bad

do i care if you use nino? not really

I think you may have been a bit harsh, there. Chill, now. He's putting a tolerant attitude as it is. The last thing we'd want is for newer people to think we're this bad, even further (not exactly saying we are).

Not really an apt comparison, since Seth comes out of the box as powerful and Nino requires a level of training effort not at all in line with what she offers.

You're right, it's not fair at all. Nino completely stomps Seth once (before, even) promotes!

Expressing his apathy on someone's honest opinion? Might as well not post about it, altogether. But really, if there's something I've missed in the previous pages, I'll just shut up.

It's okay. I read that more as

"Well personally, I don't like using her, she's a bad unit; I won't judge you for doing so though."

Nino is out of the box powerful in FE7 RR!

"Well personally, I don't like using her, she's a bad unit; I won't judge you for doing so though."

itt new guy is better than soul at reading comprehension

I'm pretty sure that post was a joke.

I wouldn't say Cam was being harsh at all, tbh

I don't know how Cam's post could even be read as harsh. In fact, it's doing the exact opposite of what people typically get mad about in these kinds of conversations, which would (supposedly) be telling others how to play/which units to use.

The reason people don't use Nino is because female units are pretty bad in general in Fire Emblem games, and little girls are even more useless. There's a reason why Seth, Haar and Marcus are at the top while Amelia, Meg and Nino are failures. Don't fight in men's wars, ladies.

when compared to the pegasus knights which are almost completely outclassed by the Wyvern knights

It's true that Heath is better than Vaida, Florina, Farina and Fiora just by virtue of being a man, but Vaida is worse than the peg knights due to availability.

Edited by Chiki

Though, all those low level female units in FE6 are quite fascinating. They have an awful start and their growths are at best equal to those of their male counterparts. But most of the time, even the growths are worse. The game gives awfully little reason to use them before you even factor in that the Con system screws them over so badly where they even get lowered carrying capacity to "balance out" the one benefit that their lower Con would give them.

Edited by BrightBow

it comes from playing the game lol. my other magic users tend to surpass him in speed which is easily the most important stat in the game because of the rng system. i mentioned stat boosting items as insurance for an earlygame character because having a speedy character with 1-2 range that can break through physical defense is really useful when you're in the earlygame and don't yet have a whole team of promoted characters to curbstomp the enemies. even if pent outclasses erk, the other magic users still tend to be better than pent for me.

That's fine and well, but that's different from what you originally said. How does any of this correlate to Pent having "bad growths" and "losing his usefulness as time goes on"?

That's fine and well, but that's different from what you originally said. How does any of this correlate to Pent having "bad growths" and "losing his usefulness as time goes on"?

I.. don't know about ennemies' stats evnough (particulary their AS), but I think at equal level (never mind Pent have it far easier), he can actually do more damage, because of the fact he has double her Con (I always gave her the Body Ring and Boots, actually.

No, really. I'd like someone to do the calculations (though we don't have HHM ennemies stats, I think).

Pent... is just that good. He is the best Sage of the game (and best unit too), and no one can honnestly contest it.

I actually really love Nino (mainly because she's a female magic user, which means she hasn't this stupid banana head before promotion).

But using her is, by definition, favoritism.

(It's kinda strange that all my posts here are me seemingly bashing on it.

Though I kinda get what persons says when she is bad, even if I still think it's not the right term.)

I like to focus on different strategies of how to beat the game

Not babying a character for the last 6 chapters when I have a perfectly great army assembled already, especially considering HHM take out deploy slots and, while I don't /need/ the slots per se, I do like a good number of FE7 characters and I'd rather use people I genuinely like and I'm already running out of slots for that

Maybe if I actually liked the character for the character, I can sometimes make an exception, but

Nino's not one of them

*squints*

*takes spectacles off, squints harder*

You must understand, I've been here too long, the things people have said about people who say good things about Nino have blended together in my mind with whatever they (we) may have actually said

I truly cannot tell if jokey

Yeah same here.

and Chiki's post is just vile, jokey or not.

Im not arsed to use Nino very much cuz shes too much effort too late in the game. If she came earlier, id probably use her more. Pent exists so i really dont need to use Nino. If im that arsed for a mage, ill use Erk. (but i prefer Lucius) Pent is just that good.

Ill use Nino if i feel like it but its pretty rare.

The reason people don't use Nino is because female units are pretty bad in general in Fire Emblem games, and little girls are even more useless. There's a reason why Seth, Haar and Marcus are at the top while Amelia, Meg and Nino are failures. Don't fight in men's wars, ladies.

It's true that Heath is better than Vaida, Florina, Farina and Fiora just by virtue of being a man, but Vaida is worse than the peg knights due to availability.

While I am sure this is a joke, you still probably should be more careful with such a post.

Because Nino may be the only unit that can get the 30 cap for magic, but that still doesn't mean she's impossible to raise without abusing the Mine Glitch on 26x/28x and taking about 200 turns to grind. SF enjoys LTC playstyle, and the Est archetype is nothing but a giant middle finger to people wanting AAA rank.

Because Nino may be the only unit that can get the 30 cap for magic, but that still doesn't mean she's impossible to raise without abusing the Mine Glitch on 26x/28x and taking about 200 turns to grind. SF enjoys LTC playstyle, and the Est archetype is nothing but a giant middle finger to people wanting AAA rank.

Actually, in the presence of experience ranks, the Est archetype is the complete opposite, a huge boon to people wanting the best rank.