Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4

Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. How is your reaction that Ike is confirmed for SSB4?

2. 2. Did you expect to see Ike in SSB4?

I'm pretty happy.

It's great that Ike's back. I'm not too happy about his design though. To be honest, I preferred is PoR design more.

Nonetheless, it's great another Fire Emblem rep was confirmed! (Though I was hoping for Roy to make a comeback, but it didn't seem realistic).

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty happy.

It's great that Ike's back. I'm not too happy about his design though. To be honest, I preferred is PoR design more.

Nonetheless, it's great another Fire Emblem rep was confirmed! (Though I was hoping for Roy to make a comeback, but it didn't seem realistic).

Roy's no longer our boy.

Roy's no longer our boy.

It sucks so bad. I really liked Roy when he was in Melee.

But clones gotta go... so that's why I'm scared Lucas won't he back. Wasn't he just a semi-clone of Ness?

It sucks so bad. I really liked Roy when he was in Melee.

But clones gotta go... so that's why I'm scared Lucas won't he back. Wasn't he just a semi-clone of Ness?

...Sorta. The only moves Lucas and Ness shared were PK lighting, fire, and storm.

Really? My brother kept going at it like "They're the same thing" or "Lucas won't come back".

But I meant like the way they used their moves. Their Neutral Specials' might have been different, but still delivered the same way; standing there and releasing this huge block of green electricity or whatever (Ness) or Ice (Lucas).

Well now that I realize they're not as similar as I thought, that kinda maybe just a little gives me hope that Lucas will come back.

Yeah, and just like Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. Except they're kinda... exactly alike.

I was playing as Zero Suit, and had Captain Falcon and Ganondorf chosen as random CPUs when my brother walks in. And compared the movesets... and they turned out to be exactly the same (besides one of the air moves, and disregarding the fact that Ganon is noticeably slower than CF).

Back to the Ike part of this thread...

hooray, yeah, ike is back, i'm SOOOOOOOOO happy

I didn't expect him...but hell, did I feel pleased. I never thought I'd fangirl over Ike, this much. I mean, I'm not exactly a fan but...in Brawl, he's one of my toughest secondaries. Easily, among my best characters. And seeing him come back with FE10's design literally made my shitty mood spike.

I didn't have any strong feelings about the possibility of Ike being in before, but now he's confirmed I'm happier than I would've expected. RD design definitely fits his play style more.

On a different note, I've thought that Chrom would be a good choice for a while, but I've grown fond of the idea of Robin getting in lately. Male/female alt costumes already exist and magic would be pretty cool.not that any of that has been said before......

I was angry.

He's my least favorite lord.

Let me guess, you wanted Micaiah to replace him?

You know, I can name at least a few people here on both sides of the extreme spectrum regarding this reveal.

Whatever, at least I can take shots at Tellius.

Let us remind ourselves that this is an accurate summary of that world:

tumblr_mwdx0s8jlD1r2prfyo1_1280.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Moment I read it: What the actual fuck

First Reaction: Are you serious? Ike is IMO the worst ''lord'' in the Fire emblem series, I just dislike him, it doesn't help that a lot of people I know use him even though they haven't played a Single FE game.

Second reaction: Wait it actualy makes sense for him being into the game. But still URHG.

At least I hope they make a Skin for Marth that looks like Roy :(

He is a luigification of Marth, they could just add the Fire effect visually in the sword and call it a day (Without even applying changes to the attacks at all).

and so is falco to fox and tink to link. anyway, they are completely different characters. though i have to wonder when people will learn how to make re-skins for the wii u...

Edited by Comet

Let me guess, you wanted Micaiah to replace him?

You know, I can name at least a few people here on both sides of the extreme spectrum regarding this reveal.

Whatever, at least I can take shots at Tellius.

Let us remind ourselves that this is an accurate summary of that world:

tumblr_mwdx0s8jlD1r2prfyo1_1280.png

No hornet hairs.

4/10

(seriously that image made me lol.)

My actual reaction to Ike being confirmed:

abd-121.gif

I am really not terribly arsed either way. I guess its kinda wiggy but...yeah.

Though I'm psyched as hell Ike is in, some people really shouldn't just give up on their preferred character getting in, we don't know what's gonna happen next or who's getting roll call next, unless it was unreasonable from the onset, like Marth getting replaced... for example

I wonder how much of the people in this thread is going to get this joke.

I got it.

Holy fakin' crusader.

You know, I was so happy when I saw that Ike was confirmed. It was like 12:21. And I yelled a yell and it was like a...

OTOKO NO NERDGASM.

I yelled so loud that I thought my voice would go off to yell instead of me. It was like "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OWYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH TASTE THE FUCKING VANGUARD MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IKE IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK HE'LL RAGNELLS EVERYTHIIIING WITH HIS SKIN OF FE10 YES YES YES TRIPLE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES"

Since I don't expect more than 3 chars at best to represent the FE universe with the last spot being held by an awakening character, I was like "there goes my hope to have a FE char I like". And then I saw that they used the steroid abusing version that I hate (I'm neutral to FE9!Ike, but I hate his FE10 design)

Edited by Sartek