Gerome's Father  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Of these 3 options, who is the best father for Gerome? (Please say why in comments.)

• Gregor
    • Lon'qu
    • Henry

I have been having a really hard time deciding on a father for Gerome in my recent play through.

His options are Gregor, Lon'qu and Henry.
If you could vote and leave a comment on why you voted for the father option, I'd really appreciate it!

Also, please don't tell me I "should choose this option instead." I already know Gerome has other popular choices, but these are the three I decided on. (And chances are I've already married Cherche to your option in past play throughs anyways.)

Thanks again guys!

Edited by Rohesia

I think Henry's a cool option for Gerome. Gives him barbarian, and if Gerome's ever leading on an EP tomebreaker from Henry is really nice.

I think Henry's a cool option for Gerome. Gives him barbarian, and if Gerome's ever leading on an EP tomebreaker from Henry is really nice.

Thank you for actually leaving a comment. : )

Anywho, I do like Henry as an option. My plight is I know Gregor is likely the best dad for Gerome (even beating Freddybear), but I also really love Lon'qu and Cherche's supports, and if I'm correct, Henry wouldn't damage Gerome's strength stat (and defense or speed, maybe), he could pass down either Lifetaker, Tomebreaker, Axefaire and other good skills, and…you just can't go wrong with white hair (IMO).

Gregor!Gerome and Vaike!Gerome are your best options, regardless, so it's kind of obvious what I put. He gets a +6 Str Mod and Barbarian, and he can always run LB, Agg, Axefaire, All+2, and Str+2.

Gerome will never excel in speed/skill, and Lon'qu doesn't give him classes he really wants. Plus Wyvern overlap. Don't go Lon'qu.

I'm going Gregor, Henry can do better.

Gregor!Gerome and Vaike!Gerome are your best options, regardless, so it's kind of obvious what I put. He gets a +6 Str Mod and Barbarian, and he can always run LB, Agg, Axefaire, All+2, and Str+2.

Vaike has already been done in the past, and is currently married to Lissa in this play through.

And I just don't know what it is. I'm normally all about spoiling the kids with the best parents, but I just can't grasp the idea of Gregor being his dad.

(At least not yet. Maybe if I team them up he will?)

Gerome will never excel in speed/skill, and Lon'qu doesn't give him classes he really wants. Plus Wyvern overlap. Don't go Lon'qu.

I'm going Gregor, Henry can do better.

You're thinking of Maribelle or Sumia for Henry, am I right?

(I heard he's the best option for those two lovely ladies, but I never paired them for one reason or another.)

Vaike has already been done in the past, and is currently married to Lissa in this play through.

And I just don't know what it is. I'm normally all about spoiling the kids with the best parents, but I just can't grasp the idea of Gregor being his dad.

(At least not yet. Maybe if I team them up he will?)

I should clarify: by "he", I meant Gregor!Gerome.

I should clarify: by "he", I meant Gregor!Gerome.

I figured that's what you meant (since Vaike!Gerome's stats aren't that high). : )

Edited by Rohesia

Thank you for actually leaving a comment. : )

Anywho, I do like Henry as an option. My plight is I know Gregor is likely the best dad for Gerome (even beating Freddybear)

Vaike is better than Gregor because he gives 1 more Str. Fred gives no Berserker and no Faires and is actually a pretty bad choice for support Gerome (which is what he should be doing).

That said, I've been becoming fonder and fonder of Henry!Gerome as of late. Yes, he's 2 Str behind Vaike, but... First, he gets Anathema which is a fun support skill no matter what you're doing, is important given his low Hit and could combo with DS+ nicely if raw stats don't matter. He also has Sage and a +2 Mag mod, and while Gerome in general screams physical Henry!Gerome can still double as a magical support in a pinch (particularly useful if paired with Virion!Severa, the two can hit 75 Spd with Wyvern x Berserker and make an epic physical team, but both have Tomefaire and Sage/DF for magical builds, allowing for much more versatile builds). Noire (Sniper/DF) also works.

Gregor!Gerome performs a little bit better as a Berserker, but Henry!Gerome is better at more things. It's your call.

Vaike is better than Gregor because he gives 1 more Str. Fred gives no Berserker and no Faires and is actually a pretty bad choice for support Gerome (which is what he should be doing).

I've already married Vaike off to Lissa in this file -since I already have a Vaike!Gerome (who, not gonna lie, is a real powerhouse if you re-class him into whatever Vaike wasn't and then back to Wyvern Rider. Just make sure he gets Sol!)

As for Fred, I only mentioned him because a lot of people seem to think he's the #1 choice for Gerome. I won't argue he made Gerome strong, but I think Vaike is still the best so far -but again, I wanted something different for this file, so Vaike's out.

That said, I've been becoming fonder and fonder of Henry!Gerome as of late. Yes, he's 2 Str behind Vaike, but... First, he gets Anathema which is a fun support skill no matter what you're doing, is important given his low Hit and could combo with DS+ nicely if raw stats don't matter. He also has Sage and a +2 Mag mod, and while Gerome in general screams physical Henry!Gerome can still double as a magical support in a pinch (particularly useful if paired with Virion!Severa, the two can hit 75 Spd with Wyvern x Berserker and make an epic physical team, but both have Tomefaire and Sage/DF for magical builds, allowing for much more versatile builds). Noire (Sniper/DF) also works.

Gregor!Gerome performs a little bit better as a Berserker, but Henry!Gerome is better at more things. It's your call.

Actually…about that. I planned on marrying off my avatar (Rohesia) to Gerome in this file (gave in and decided to try the hype that is marrying a kid unit for OP team up and Morgan, etc.), and I had originally not planned on including Henry as an option. It wasn't until after I made her a Sorcerer that I realised he could have a lot more potential than I gave him credit for originally.

I suppose it wouldn't kill to have a tag team who both have Tomebreaker, or possibly have Henry pass down Lifetaker instead?

(I'm sorry I'm being complicated. I just worry over details and would rather not pay the price for making a bad choice.)

I've got a second question for you guys. If I decide to have Henry go with Cherche, do you think either Lon'qu or Gregor would be good fathers for Noire? (Units like Gaius and Donnel are not available in this file, so no Galeforce for her unfortunately.)

Since Galeforce isn't available, Vantage should be Noire's second priority (which both Gregor and Lon'qu give). Since they both have that, it's fairly even, Lon'qu gives 1 more Mag/Skl but Gregor gives AT for Aversa's. That one's also a matter of taste.

What Asset/Flaw does your Avatar have?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Ok, sorry Lon'qu. You get my stalker (unless Henry goes with Cherche, in which case, sorry Gregor).

As for her, I believe her asset was Defense and flaw was Luck.

Edit: Oh, and I have friends telling me I should marry her to Inigo due to her poor luck and his "good" luck, but…I don't like flirts.
Sorry Inigo. (Maybe I'll sick Noire on him. She'd keep him in line - 3-~)

Edited by Rohesia

I figured that's what you meant (since Vaike!Gerome's stats aren't that high). : )

Vaike!Gerome's stats are actually higher, like Yoshi said.

Vaike!Gerome's stats are actually higher, like Yoshi said.

I must've been half asleep when I wrote that; sorry -_-;

For accuracy, Stahl>Henry>Gregor=Vaike.

For Dual Strike output, Vaike>Gregor>Henry>Stahl>all the others.

By Dual Strike do you mean as a support unit or the main unit?

but I just can't grasp the idea of Gregor being his dad.

Don't knock it 'til you try it. If you are speaking about support convos, I actually like that one.

Gregor gives AT for Aversa's. That one's also a matter of taste.

This is also one of the reasons why I like Gregor!Laurent a lot, too. I recommend you pairing Gregor with Miriel if you don't go Gregor!Gerome.

Don't knock it 'til you try it. If you are speaking about support convos, I actually like that one.

This is also one of the reasons why I like Gregor!Laurent a lot, too. I recommend you pairing Gregor with Miriel if you don't go Gregor!Gerome.

Oh I like their support conversations too. I like theirs better than Henry/Cherche, but Henry is still a tempting option for how Gerome comes out. And Miriel is already taken, thanks for the tip though.

Edited by Rohesia

Alright guys, I think I've finally made a decision and am ready to close this post (or delete it, if either of those are an option?).
Thanks again so much for the input!

Edited by Rohesia

Gregor, because Gerome can get Sol

But IMO, MU, Vaike, and Stahl would make the best fathers

Gerome's my son, and he's a beast with ignis and astra

Gregor, because Gerome can get Sol

But IMO, MU, Vaike, and Stahl would make the best fathers

Gerome's my son, and he's a beast with ignis and astra

Late reply, sorry! Anyways I'm playing Fem!MU (and I'm planning on marrying her off the Gerome, but that could change), and Vaike and Stahl are taken. Plus I already did Vaike!Gerome in the past and I wanted to try something new. Thanks anyways : )

Edited by Rohesia
Don't double post!

I liked Lon'qu, because it gave Gerome great speed as a Wyvern Lord. But what do I know?

I pair units up for the hair color. I don't give three craps about their stats.

Considering the guy's resistance and defense leave more to be desired, that speed can come in handy.

Regardless of my choice, now that I finally got moneys on my 3DS and bought the Dread Fighter map, I'm planning on making him one asap so he can get that +10 resistance skill.

And I feel you on the hair colour. I will admit it's influenced a lot of my choices. (Part of the reason why Henry's an option is I think Gerome is rather charming with white hair -not that he isn't nice with black or red hair, etc.)