Football Manager 2014 Story - Sutton United

Tryhard

Okay, how is this guy? I intend to buy him to replace my team current midfielder (right) and winger. He's slightly better than the my current midfielder (right) and winger in all stats.

He is okay, though he is cheapish despite having pretty high stats because he is pretty old at 31 and his stamina/natural fitness isn't fantastic. Because of this you may have some problems with fitness. While his pace/acceleration/flair is a little lower than I would personally want, he will probably do decently for a couple seasons, though don't expect that much more out of him. On the plus side, really good at freekicks.

Searching for players can be a little tedious so if you use the player search screen the pick attributes is good for searching for players of which attributes you know (scouting does reveal attributes, so take into account that there may be really good players that you haven't picked up on) so you can use it to search on multiple stats. Searching on maximum age, transfer status (i.e are they transfer or loan listed?), and wage amount is also very useful. I spend some time every pre-season just going through and scouting potential signings and finding decent players.

If you need another midfielder and winger, then get this guy, but if you are fairly covered in that position (you want at least one decent backup and hopefully two if you can have a big team) then he might not be necessary and you should perhaps look for someone with higher physical stats (but still good crossing). While the assistant reports can be useful, they also won't take into account certain stats being much lower than others or less useful as far as I know. While he is a little more expensive then the guy you're looking at, here's an example of one of my wing backs at around the same age. Got him for around £2.4M, but I much prefer the fact that his physical stats do hover around 13-16, even if his crossing is a little lower.

I can't believe Bayern was in the Euro Cup in the first place lol; how did they fall out of the top 4 last season? But you got almost even odds against them; that's pretty amazing all things considering. Sutton on the rise!

Who won the Champion's League? Not Chelsea apparently if they didn't get the triple. My guess would be Barcelona?

Bayern won the Champion's League last year and finished 2nd last season but the reason they were in the EURO Cup is because they didn't qualify out of their group with Atletico and Shaktar qualifying. They came third in their group, which means they get transferred to the Europa League (EURO Cup) pool.

Barcelona are in the final with PSV Eindhoven, but as of right now the game hasn't been played.

JfmjhC0.png

I checked the Chelsea game and they got knocked out in the first knockout round by Stuttgart where Chelsea won 4-0 at Stamford Bridge and Stuttgart somehow managed to win 5-0 at their stadium. This game sometimes.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is okay, though he is cheapish despite having pretty high stats because he is pretty old at 31 and his stamina/natural fitness isn't fantastic. Because of this you may have some problems with fitness. While his pace/acceleration/flair is a little lower than I would personally want, he will probably do decently for a couple seasons, though don't expect that much more out of him. On the plus side, really good at freekicks.

Searching for players can be a little tedious so if you use the player search screen the pick attributes is good for searching for players of which attributes you know (scouting does reveal attributes, so take into account that there may be really good players that you haven't picked up on) so you can use it to search on multiple stats. Searching on maximum age, transfer status (i.e are they transfer or loan listed?), and wage amount is also very useful. I spend some time every pre-season just going through and scouting potential signings and finding decent players.

I found that guy by myself with the search function, the scouts are useless. They keep sending me expensive guys that my club cannot afford, that is the problem.

I actually prefer another guy who is younger, way better and also cost so much that it's not even funny. I am still subscribing him to see if there are any chance to snatch him from his club....kinda alright so far. For some reasons, his club didnt use him much and he's wanting to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've lost all the saves since my hard drive was corrupted.

just kidding I have exams and shit and after those hopefully I'll have something before christmas i gotta, I'm sorry but I'm inconsistent always

still a lazy cunt btw

Edited by Tryhard

eh they didn't go too badly, didn't like the last one but what can you do

[spoiler=Pre-Season]

[spoiler=Transfers]

Signings:

Let me just say that it took forever to find these guys. A lot of players that have wages that were pretty high that I wasn't willing to sign, a lot of rejected transfers based on work permits, and a lot of searching for good players. It probably takes the longest moreso than actually playing games. Because of that a lot of these players are fairly young regens that are underrated currently despite still being pretty good. With that, I pretty much overhauled the team heavily.

Goalkeeper - Javier Cetraro

[spoiler=Image]2Mtg7eY.png

Transfer Amount - £6.5M

From - AS Roma

I wanted another goalkeeper so I went for this guy, even if I could have got a technically better one because he was young. He has an great potential rating though, and that 20 strength is pretty ridiculous, even if it is irrelevant as far as I know. I imagine he's going to be the first choice goalkeeper for now, though he (currently) isn't much better than Tiric, but that's fine.

1oCfzz3.jpg

Left Defender/Left Wing Back/ Left Midfielder - Stuart Rodgers

[spoiler=Image]liTZcQU.png

Transfer Amount - £2.6M

From - Leicester City

One that was more for the future than anything else, though he should be able to do a good substitute job as a left wing back himself, hopefully will do very well in the future, or at least picking up a pretty amount for him.

Left Defender/Left Wing Back/Left Midfielder - Fabio Daprelà

[spoiler=Image]onRrrYG.png

Transfer Amount - £350K

From - Juventus

My new main left wing back, he's pretty damn good. Has great physical stats and pretty much good in all the relevant stats. Hopefully the relatively high aggression won't be too much of a problem when defending. Only problem is he is a little old at 28 so hopefully I can get a few decent years out of him.

lzocDPp.jpg

Right Defender/Right Wing Back - Andrei Anghelina

[spoiler=Image]05385ZU.png

Transfer Amount - £11.75M

From - Newcastle United

This guy was the most expensive one I signed at almost 12 million, but he is a very good and young wing back for the right side. He'll be playing most games if I can help it and he isn't injured because he's pretty much excellent.

GBs3eIJ.jpg

Central or Right Defender - Kemal Sabovic

[spoiler=Image]5JIDL5X.png

Transfer Amount - £3.7M

From - Panathinaikos AO

Though the game doesn't seem to rate him especially highly, I couldn't really pass over that 20 strength and decent for other stats. He seems like he'll be a good defender which is an area I've definitely struggled in. Once again, young too.

DhT2AqC.jpg

Central Defender/Defensive Midfielder/Central Midfielder - Ofir Gabay

[spoiler=Image]TyywF72.png

Transfer Amount - £700K

From - ACF Fiorentina

Here's a more well-rounded version of the above. Fiorentina didn't seem to rate him particularly highly but is already worth what I paid for him. He'll probably be starting wherever possible. One of the problems is the fact that I signed him to be a defensive midfielder but he is also good as a central defender and he can also play as a midfielder well.

CT4ZHl2.jpg

Central Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Yamandú Rodríguez

[spoiler=Image]ivk4GN9.png

Transfer Amount - £275K

From - ASG Asteras Tripolis

Another one that I got early in pre-season for very little, I'm very impressed with this guy being able to come right into the main team immediately and still be young and very good. Once again he should be one that develop more as he goes on.

Central Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Bojan Kristic

[spoiler=Image]ZmslqKj.png

Transfer Amount - £4.9M

From - GNK Dinamo

Pretty much the same as above, though I had to pay a lot more for this one. Since I have been lacking midfielders these two can play both central and attacking midfielder competently, which does help for rotation purposes.

LZsGBGL.jpg

Central Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Marko Pavlovski

[spoiler=Image]jcUDqIo.png

Transfer Amount - £5.75M

From - FC Schalke 04

This was one I wasn't sure about. I already had good midfielders coming in, but this guy is the exact same. Then I lost quite a few midfielders and realized I needed more. This guy is more suited to attacking midfielder, but he should do fine like the above two. In fact, he's probably the best of the three in my opinion.

LUpBUk8.jpg

Striker - Andrej Kramaric

[spoiler=Image]npyC8Fx.png

Transfer Amount - £8.5M

From - HNK Rijeka

Wanted another striker and came out eventually with this guy after some time. Though I don't think he'll do well as a target man he's a pretty great complete forward that I can have for now. I'll probably be playing him alongside Pearce or Guillermo normally? Should do well enough. Another pretty big transfer and he is quite old, so eh.

bcbkxUA.jpg

You'll notice that these are all foreign players aside from Stuart Rodgers being Northern Irish. That's because UK players suck and I couldn't find any of them that I wanted. Kind of an issue when you need to have some players that are home-grown in your squad.

Staff:

Goalkeeper Coach - Claudio Filippi

[spoiler=Image]aUYGKII.png

Brought in to deal with goalkeeper handling training, he's the best I could find.

NVtAZuF.jpg

Coach - Nicola Matteuci

[spoiler=Image]FUHBUQa.png

l0tHhQB.jpgThis guy is the same as above where I brought him in for training and he did around 4.5 stars which is the best I could have hoped for.

Coach - Jaap Stam

[spoiler=Image]sQ7FOvt.png

The best I could have done. This guy is the only area that I've got five stars in because of his high defending staff statistics. Was surprised he was just lying around without anyone taking him.

IQB19XW.jpg

Coach - Michele Salzarulo

[spoiler=Image]yr8S0V7.png

The same as before, but this time for tactical training. With these new coach signings, my training effectiveness should be much higher than it was before. I'm thinking I should probably sign some U21 coaches or such, but I might hold off on that until next season or so.

gOiEg7Y.jpg

Sales:

Left or Central or Right Defender - Mohammed Ibrahim

Sale Value - £140K

To - Celtic

Just a youth player that Celtic apparently wanted for their U19 team. Not entirely sure why, but I let him go.

VlcmIyZ.jpg

Central Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Valentino Lazaro

Sale Value - £8M

To - Real Sporting SAD

Unfortunately Valentino wanted a much better contract at like £60K/week I wasn't willing to pay, otherwise I would have tried to keep him. So I wasn't exactly pleased with this when he requested to be transfer listed. This spurned me on to find more midfielders that were competent to bring in. Hopefully I did a decent enough job.

VFjj2Vq.jpg

Mancini somehow went to Arsenal before coming back to Manchester City.

Zn8ufD6.jpg

As you can see, I'm just a little over this.

0widhGz.jpg

xIHja0b.jpg

Will be seeing a decent amount of money going through tax over this season, but it should be too much of a problem.

xCh3aTM.jpg

This has pretty much more than doubled the sponsorship money over the year.

fNOO1Og.jpg

Just a little bit of a tidy sum here, cor. And then I proceed in managing to spend the majority of it.

F9MOoeX.jpg

Once again, this is the FFP regulations for the year though we didn't come close to losing money last time.

llVcqLs.jpg

0X5H8Rk.jpg

I had a choice between going to the USA and China for the selected training camp. I pick the USA.

K5nFN3j.jpg

It isn't so relevant anymore since we know Chelsea won the league, but Chelsea's last few games went like this.

f5PCQ9R.jpg

I manage to extend the loan of Terziev, though I am paying some money each month for him to remain on loan.

LJNCu3M.jpg

C9eupL3.jpg

Man, Messi is still scoring those goals at the age of 31 (near 32).

T1bm9Q1.jpg

Unfortunate that we will be seeing the loss of both Lazaro and Sloth (who I mentioned above in the signings).

wypSZrF.jpg

The Champion's League final was played and somehow PSV won despite Barcelona pretty much dominating them, on penalties. 7-6 on penalties.

MROFtZ2.jpg

With the addition of the staff acquired this season, my training coaches looks like this. There is the fitness strength area that is still "4 stars", but I'm pretty happy at what I have right now. Even if I have Paul Telfer and WAYNE SHAW on for literally no reason and ironically.

4N6bR8L.png

Rodríguez being one of the new players I signed has got his first appearance for his country Uruguay.

usiURat.jpg

v6IEt6i.jpg

And Coffey is pretty much exactly the same.

QGus6Kz.jpg

pyITpgV.jpg

So one of the problems I have is that most of my players are foreign. And any English players that I find are either dogshit or belong to teams that I would never get them off.

vuvnQxa.jpg

BOOM SUTTON REVOLUTION.

X2g2C5e.jpg

I let a few players go because I honestly can't find anyone that is willing to loan or buy them. They all weren't going to be played anyway. Reece Brown was very useful when he was here, however.

VlvMkdJ.jpg

9dAOrQc.jpg

yqfZni1.jpg

b0CN95R.jpg

3lXHzky.jpg

As expected we're the biggest overachievers. And Liverpool did finish 10th.

h3c4ZGl.jpg

I decide to close down the U18 team and just move anyone relevant to the U21 team instead.

ThdxP9s.jpg

Definitely a great player so I'm not too surprised.

YOVLrYG.jpg

Here was the best eleven for last season.

OaCnjrE.jpg

HOjBX0j.jpg

And a few more have entered the best ever of:

oV3whIY.jpg

NvUcCfu.jpg

Most of the players at the bottom are either retired or are now staff members.

PQxBFNw.jpg

Once again I go for the lowest here, which is actually a top-half finish.

4wK3OMh.jpg

DOSH

QfG4sqp.jpg

Yeah, so hopefully that stadium will come in 2020 because this isn't really Premier League attendance tbh.

dwkfhUS.jpg

So even after spending a decent amount so far (with more to come), it's still reporting expectations for massive profits over the year.

Xnn23t7.jpg

From what I've read the TV rights money you have goes up from your club reputation. My reputation rating is at ~4.5 stars which is above Arsenal and Liverpool, get rekt.

BOMRPkj.jpg

GPAfRcr.png

So here was the first friendly against the U21 team, which to be fair isn't very good at all. The facilities aren't up to standards because coming from a much lower league and all that. Doug Pearce manages to still score five though, and the game ends in a slightly convincing 9-0 win, though somehow two players get injured. It wasn't very severe.

zFODOm5.jpg

That purchase for Anghelina was by far the biggest I've done so far.

fYplFYE.jpg

Ortí is also another that is going because I was trying to sell him and couldn't find anyone willing to buy him for any price.

IpwJxpV.jpg

Once again the normal win bonuses will apply.

R9zlyju.jpg

I actually asked about having another feeder club and got given the ability to pick one myself.

GXBovb2.jpg

I choose FC Twente in the Dutch Eredivisie. Why? Mainly because I've learnt that if you want to get a signing but they require a work permit, having a feeder club in places with more lenient permit laws like Germany or Holland will allow you to loan the player to the feeder club and after three years or less I believe they will gain a permit automatically. Just a possibility if I wanted to have it. They accept pretty promptly. They've been doing

lMS6igJ.jpg

CEwZxdv.jpg

gswwcTo.jpg

Here's what the friendlies looked like. As you could expect, I pretty much rolled all the games because they are against far worse teams. Prague was able to score against us but I'm convinced it was a fluke. Not really much to say other than a lot of the new players were able to get on the scoresheet as well, like Pavlovski scoring a hat-trick against "US Developmental Academy". Coffey also did so in another game but then was injured, though he should be fit before the first game of the season against West Brom.

h6blQV5.png

As you can see, I spent a lot of the money available. I will probably not be spending anymore of it. And yes, that did jump my wage budget up a significant amount, to ~£600K/week. Quite a lot indeed.

eaWkaVY.png

For anyone that wanted to know, here is where real-life Sutton United are currently in the Conference South:

9t9crYz.png

not so good

Edited by Tryhard

REP: WORLDWIDE

I had a choice between going to the USA and China for the selected training camp. I pick the USA.

I was going to go "oh thank god" but then I realized I don't actually know whether China supposedly having disproportionately bad football overall compared to their level of enthusiasm for it actually makes them the worse to pick for a training camp ingame

also >Paulinho still gets rating in top 3 (I think?)

also >reality finally begins to catch onto Michael "Fucking Minted" Laing's "set expectations really low, then perform really high" stratagem; begins to push him towards the precipice of "actually expected to wreck faces at this point," his feet dragging all the way

Edited by Rehab

I was going to go "oh thank god" but then I realized I don't actually know whether China supposedly having disproportionately bad football overall compared to their level of enthusiasm for it actually makes them the worse to pick for a training camp ingame

also >Paulinho still gets rating in top 3 (I think?)

also >reality finally begins to catch onto Michael "Fucking Minted" Laing's "set expectations really low, then perform really high" stratagem; begins to push him towards the precipice of "actually expected to wreck faces at this point," his feet dragging all the way

i know even less about chinese football then american soccer so I don't even know. ftr it did just randomly generate those two places for me to pick I believe. I don't know if it has any preferences. Unless football manager 2014 wants to make any political statements.

Ratings tend to go down as you reach higher leagues, which is what happened for Paulinho. He finds himself at fourth best (in AMC) behind the three new signings. On the other hand, they need to play in midfield as well. I don't think he'll get as many games barring injuries but it's something. I was originally going to sell him because I had Lazaro, but since he wanted to leave I suppose I'm keeping him bar any catastrophes. Plus he's been with me for longer. OTP.

So it is. While I don't know myself, I'd imagine reputation has something to do with it as well.

Edited by Tryhard

all i know about chinese football is that it's Not Very Good and that it's horribly, horribly corrupt (much more than the average league, which is fucking saying something). and all i know about american soccer is that they call it a dumb name, are shit at it, have a weird league structure, have a lot of old people from other countries, and david beckham runs it.

China have one giant clusterfuck of a team in Guangzhou Evergrande, which is a genuine ACL title contender every year (despite being beaten by Melbourne Victory in the groups and Western Sydney in the knockout rounds last season...), but as I understand it the rest of the league is fairly substandard. The major East Asian powers are Japan and South Korea, with China and Australia a bit behind.

The Chinese national team is garbage and I'm not really sure why.

Edited by Parrhesia

Hope you guys had a good Christmas.

I move Sabovic to be the captain this time because he's gonna be playing regularly if I can help it while Rowe might not and his leadership is pretty good as well.

RGjg8jS.jpg

Here's my line-up for the first game against West Brom and pretty much what I want the main team to look like. As you'll notice, apart from Pearce and Terziev, these are all new players.

8MEL7BY.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs West Brom

Final Score: 4-0

The best I really could have hoped for starting out. West Brom aren't a great team but it wasn't long before Terziev scored from a scramble in the box. West Brom actually had two goals both ruled correctly offside soon after that, before Anghelina came in from the wing to score just before half time. There was a lot more pressure in the second half as Pavlovski was able to get a close ranged shot away assisted by Anghelina from a throw-in, and got another from a great assist by Pearch right around the box again.

Pavlovski managed to get two goals and an assist on his debut as an attacking midfielder.

mpQyLKq.jpg

5FZeExq.jpg

w1maQ7l.jpg

As expected Pavlovski and Anghelina were the two best players in that game, so no surprises seeing them there.

tTxukOK.jpg

Premier League

Bournemouth vs Sutton United

Final Score: 3-0

K2hqGcp.jpg

Bournemouth is probably a death that is going to be looking to probably be relegated this season. Daprelà scored his first goal pretty easily early on when he was fed the ball through Pearce. Pavlowski then doubled the lead when the ball was crossed by Anghelina and he had a tap-in. Pearce had a great counter-attacking goal where he ran from his own half to the edge of Bournemouth's box to put it past the keeper after they lost it when Kramaric defended from a corner. Otherwise not too much else happened.

Pearce has ended up pretty great already.

LV1hew4.jpg

I didn't actually play Sabovic in the West Brom game, so he got his debut here. He played pretty well, though he didn't have to do too much.

h0jnJ0i.jpg

vw9Mneo.jpg

Even before we play any Champion's League games or know our group, we get given a hefty sum.

xIQv7tO.jpg

Ds0GBTU.jpg

Get drawn against Juventus, Stuttgart and BATE, who are the leaders in Belarus that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Stuttgart are a good team that are one of the leaders in the Bundesliga, though at least it isn't Bayern and Juventus aren't bad either.

DgJVANI.jpg

C1fTEnQ.jpg

osOIMxY.jpg

The Capital One Cup is also drawn and we have a (hopefully) relatively easy game against Nottingham Forest.

ehObVKk.jpg

zNQZwWW.jpg

A lot of my players are now involved with international football games.

Gj2PDe8.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Wigan

Final Score: 5-1

n2XYUzw.jpg

Another great win against Wigan who aren't doing well either, the fixtures I have to begin with have been fairly kind. This game was pretty much domination, Anghelina managing to score just inside the box with a good strike across the goalkeeper, then Wigan were able to equalise before half-time. Pavlovski scored a freekick in the second half before he passed the ball unselfishly to Pearce who had a great shot at a difficult angle. Pretty much the exact same thing happened again with Pearce being assisted by Pavlovski on the left side for his second and lastly Pavlovski, very deserved man of the match, scored a great freekick in the last few minutes. Two goals and three assists for him.

tiWL9l9.jpg

snJ3uh1.jpg

uUCv0g0.jpg

This is also happening every so often.

0krvz2p.jpg

Pavlovski was pretty deservedly the player award.

PVPmZZw.jpg

While Anghelina wins the youth player of the month himself.

yeM6w2x.jpg

Pavlovski's freekick got onto one of the best goals of the month.

9O8emWZ.jpg

[spoiler=Goal]4GK2kPx.gif

It once again looks like Chelsea are going to be one of the top teams in the Premier League.

AFEID3t.jpg

I loan out O'Connor since I'm probably not going to be using him anyway.

xY8OnY9.jpg

I actually managed to get in a deal to possibly loan Marcelo. I didn't, because he is 31 and has deteriorated stat-wise and that's still a big sum per week for someone who is probably worse than my wing backs currently. Still, interesting since Real Madrid have now transfer listed him.

U5BJuAM.jpg

And Manchester United spends the most. That £117M.

eMMhyWV.jpg

I have to leave out a few players but otherwise pretty much got my main team here.

XVWBiL8.jpg

Yeah, I'd imagine he was probably going to get called up for Serbia.

5T1dFRl.jpg

These ended up being the internationals my players did play in.

CEScupb.jpg

And with that, Cetraro plays his first game for Uruguay and as such gets the wage increase present in his contract.

qBUXVpY.jpg

52RzIaE.jpg

Unfortunately Sabovic will miss the next game but should be fine after that.

jZF46F9.jpg

Here are the predictions for the Champion's League.

vxkqMnQ.jpg

Premier League

Norwich vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-1

nAxLAqA.jpg

Norwich scored early from a corner but not too much happened for most of the game until the second half where there was a few shots that challenged the goalkeepers before Pearce was able to set out Kramaric for an easy goal in the box.

Champions Cup Group G

Sutton United vs Stuttgart

Final Score: 5-2

sGSgYAE.jpg

A really impressive win considering Stuttgart are a pretty good team. First, Pavlovski scored, but it was offside. Afterwards, he did manage to score himself. Pavlovski also was involved in the next as he passed through Kramaric who scored at a pretty tight angle across the goalkeeper. Anghelina then did the exact same thing on the same side shortly afterwards. Kramaric scored a freekick before the second half. Pearce scored afterwards and then Stuttgart scored two consolation goals before the end of the game.

7z4uYj9.jpg

Once again he managed three assists. He's been really great so far.

FTDBK1X.jpg

3Ydt1hY.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Huddersfield

Final Score: 1-2

enHAO91.jpg

A little disappointing considering Beck scored from a cross early, once again provided by Pavlovski. Huddersfield was able to score two from both a corner and crossing into the box after multiple attempts on their goal and unfortunately we weren't able to do anything else.

6jlRaxY.jpg

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Nottingham Forest vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-1

6LTSSn6.jpg

A pretty uneventful match but and I played some other team members so they could get a rest. Beck was able to score in the first half through a cross by Anghelina. Other than that, there wasn't too much trouble or shots from either side.

E3Gb18x.jpg

Draw from the fourth round put us against Stoke:

a67s5rE.jpg

q2f99ZI.jpg

Premier League

Southampton vs Sutton United

2fPhqFh.jpg

A pretty even game, and Southampton have some very good players. Pearce put it through to Kramaric, who shot into the corner in the first half. In the second half, Luuk de Jong was able to got on the end of a cross and put it past Cetraro. Pearce had a one-on-one with the keeper that he failed to put away. Their goalie, ter Stegen, then managed to make a great save to prevent Terziev from scoring. Pearce then hit that crossbar after that before ter Stegen saved again. The match ended after that, so we were pretty unlucky at the end.

Pearce was asking for a new contract, so I sort that out, these do add up however. I shift some of the remaining transfer budget into wages.

qEDh6wv.jpg

This seems to happen every so often when a new sponsorship deal is signed. bringing in the big bucks

CPV90qu.jpg

Champions Cup Group G

Juventus vs Sutton United

joT5PIc.jpg

Unlucky to lose this considering. We had pretty good pressure throughout the match and a goal through Kramaric in the second half from a header. After that, a tricky ball across the box caused Terziev to put it into his own net late in the game and unfortunately it ended up as a draw.

U5kZLDa.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Arsenal

Final Score: 3-2

ukT0S7k.jpg

Pretty excellent win here, even if Arsenal seem a bit weaker in this game, they still have players like Jack Wilshere, James Rodríguez etc. Anghelina was able to chip it into the corner past the keeper and Ferreyra was able to equalise shortly after for Arsenal with an effort from inside the box. Pavlovski had a great goal after that into the top corner from outside the box and Pearce did the same in the second half after Pavlovski played him through. Gabbiadini was able to score a pretty soft tap-in goal for Arsenal after that but it stayed that scoreline and we came away with the narrow win.

CSu7FWv.jpg

Here's what the league looks like so far. Tottenham are below us but do have a game in hand. Pavlovski is also leading the number of assists list with six, along with Doug Pearce in second with five.

59ATiJf.png

Here are the upcoming games which include the two Champion's League games against BATE that I hope to do well in.

hdmqawy.png

Good going; 18-1 aren't as terrible odds as I was expecting for the Champion's League. Looks like people are starting to take Sutton seriously! Luckily (or maybe not) you've had a relatively easy schedule so far in the Premier League, although December looks to be a killer with Liverpool, Juventus, Tottenham, Man U and Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of a break before the Manchester City game.

NEuMQ4K.jpg

The fights are coming out.

Yig9RCj.jpg

zayXSoU.jpg

Premier League

Manchester City vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-0

uU8q75m.jpg

Pretty lucky to get the draw considering, but Manchester City were pretty inaccurate and a few chances on either side leave us with one point. Cetraro did well enough to keep us in the match and was our best player. Unfortunately we couldn't really create anything.

Gabay has been pretty much consistently playing as defensive midfielder and is getting pretty tired, so I'm going to rotate him out a little from now.

21lxbbL.jpg

I really wish I won this.

NKVL5LI.jpg

These two games in the Champion's League group stage should be easy enough considering their players.

WrHDnt5.jpg

Champion's Cup Group G

Sutton United vs BATE

Final Score: 4-0

cvva93a.jpg

Even with playing some of my lesser players this was still very easy, and really there wasn't much else to say other than the four goals were fairly simple that came in the first half.

Despite the goals, Rodriguez was the one who had two assists and the highest number of passes on the team. He's definitely been one of my best midfielders, probably behind Pavlovski.

2YldyHF.jpg

Complete wing backs certainly do run a lot. Surprisingly, they don't seem to get tired from playing pretty consistently. I imagine the high stamina/physical fitness helps out in that regard.

J3sFsMI.jpg

Premier League

Cardiff vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-3

Kmn2anH.jpg

Another very decent game, especially from Pearce, who also assisted Coffey's goal. Well, to be honest it was a header directed at goal that the goalkeeper saved but Coffey was able to get a free open shot from the rebound. The first goal from Pearce was a shot outside the box that came to him after a corner was deflected out. Rodriguez hit the post afterwards, and Pearce got an easy goal when Anghelina crossed it it towards him in the second half. Cetraro had to make a few saves, but otherwise got a good clean sheet with relatively minimal difficulty.

2x3GCK5.jpg

t5zez6P.jpg

Somehow I got the best chairman ever.

MEZJ02O.jpg

Capital One Cup 4th Round

Stoke vs Sutton United

nzBdqDk.jpg

Actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, Kramaric getting the only goal of the game from getting to the ball first in a scramble before the goalkeeper in order to poke the ball in the net. There was a disallowed goal for us from a corner afterwards in the second half, and after quite a few chances and pressure, not able to get any more goals in this game.

mWPTqwf.jpg

Liverpool have fallen far enough that them beating Tottenham Hotspur is considered a shock. Though considering them in the premier league currently...

1shEZUg.jpg

Pretty much one of the best players in the Premier League currently.

jDQMNrt.jpg

Pearce himself has been getting the goals, too. and Anghelina getting a mention there too.

PKmwvAm.jpg

Tottenham are up at the top of the table, to be fair, though.

vpKUr2w.jpg

And we'll be playing Liverpool ourself.

MYmLIfU.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Fulham

Final Score: 4-1

3m6CQj3.jpg

Once again very comfortable and this is a pretty good run of games that we're playing against pretty poor teams. The first goal coming from Pearce from close range, the second from Kristic from a corner, and the third and final goal of the first half also coming from Pearce as he is played through by Kristic to score just inside the box into the corner with a pretty good solo run. In the second half, yet another goal was scored by Guillermo putting it into the corner from close range, and unfortunately a loss of possession and a well-taken shot prevented a clean sheet.

I asked for a few things when I'm getting a new contract, and they seem to be both accepted.

bXhdWaq.jpg

And I do sign a new contract until 2022, on a much higher wage. Job security is still relatively low but this did help a little in raising that.

bfr5xBU.jpg

904ZwzI.jpg

gjLkjHN.jpg

vB55UZo.jpg

Champion's Cup Group G

BATE vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-4

4VUDbMR.jpg

Aw man, almost the exact same result. Once again, a pretty easy game. Kramaric had a great game and could've potentially scored more. The first was from a corner, the second was taken in to Kristic when he was passed to from a short corner and hit to the corner past the goalkeeper. Paulinho then fed through Kramaric in order who slotted it away, Rodriguez also giving him an assist in order for him to get his hat-trick in the second half. Their striker Bykov had a few shots saved by Cetraro but was finally able to get a header away, but it wasn't enough to change the outcome of the match. With this win, it's pretty much guaranteed that I've qualified. Probably with some sort of result against Stuttgart will completely guarantee it.

BCd2RBS.jpg

Another international break is occuring and quite a few players are called up.

RkUyBJS.jpg

JoIbnt3.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Hull

Final Score: 2-0

N2LbLyi.jpg

Actually pretty inaccurate in this match considering it could have been a lot more, but got the three points once again and that's all I care about. Still, Kramaric passed the ball to Pearce selflessly in order to guarantee a goal in the first half, and Pavlovski was in a crowded box at the right time to take a shot in the second half. Apart from that, there were very few chances of note and Hull were pretty poor. Perhaps why they are in the relegation spots.

Once again this guy is doing quite well to say the least.

FLmoQLK.jpg

Here's how the internattionals went. Not any particular standout performances, aside from Daprelà scoring his first international goal.

2zFizKB.jpg

Premier League

Leicester vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-3

5xYAko9.jpg

Another team that is in the relegation spots, and pretty much showed it in this game as there was barely any resistance. Anghelina scored a great goal from a pretty tight angle early on in the game from some range, and Pavlowski passed through to Pearce who had a shot he wasn't going to miss. After that, Kramaric got one of his own with a decent effort, and there was pretty much no pressure from Leicester to the end of the game.

The rate this is going I can pretty much keep pasting this one.

Y4BOFQk.jpg

Champion's Cup Group G

Stuttgart vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-4

zWQGzkH.jpg

Even a bit unlucky to concede two goals, actually. I was resting some team members but they did fantastic in order to come back and lead after an early goal from Daprelà was cancelled out by a Stuttgart goal which was essentially a tap-in. Anghelina had a wonderful cross that Beck connected with, and he went one better after that when the goalie defleceted Pavlovski's shot directly to him. Coffey missed pretty badly, but then Wass was able to thunder a shot in in the second half. A penalty was given late in the game which was scored, but Stuttgart pretty much had lost by then.

PfQn0vx.jpg

Nygj4tc.jpg

I haven't really used him too much this season but he's been doing well when he has played.

OJYum7e.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Newcastle United

Final Score: 2-1

gL9YVA7.jpg

Figures that Newcastle would score with their only shot on target in the game after being dominated from most of the game. Still, it wasn't decided for most of the game. Pearce scored a weird fluke goal from crossing into the box somehow getting in the goal, I'm not exactly sure what their goalkeeper was doing. After that, very late on Daprelà sealed the win, or at least I thought as Newcastle scored directly after it, with a ball pretty poorly defended running across the box for Ben Arfa to get an easy tap-in.

Not really surprised this is the case for the first. Kristic managed to be doing pretty well himself.

WfrPSbo.jpg

5oITUND.jpg

Rodriguez managed to get a new skill for himself.

z0XKW8H.jpg

Premier League

Reading vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-4

RTd4dzK.jpg

Once again, Reading aren't exactly a great team, though they might have been a little unlucky to get nothing out of this game considering their chances. Cetraro did do well. Not much to say other than managing to get four different people on the scoresheet. Terziev scored from a corner, Pavlovski had a great solo effort to score his goal, then Reading scored right after that. Beck scored a header in the 90th minute and that was about that.

Premier League

Liverpool vs Sutton United

WfBoA5n.jpg

Liverpool really didn't do well in this game, but it took a while before we managed to score as Reina was doing very well with multiple shots at him. Pearce hit a ball at Reina after he just made a double save and it managed to roll in and counted as an own goal. After that, Liverpool got a goal ruled offside, but it was pretty lucky, and we got the win at the end.

FA Cup will be against Norwich by the looks of things.

Izfr14f.jpg

Champion's Cup Group G

Sutton United vs Juventus

Final Score: 1-0

mcqL2lD.jpg

A game that could have went either way, but Wass was able to end on a win in the group stage as I rested pretty much all the players I could with Guillermo assisting him. Otherwise, a pretty dull game as not much else happened. I think Juventus couldn't qualify at that point anyway.

FjsH3nA.png

And that takes this winning streak to pretty ridiculous proportions now. While a lot of the games were pretty easy against lower teams in the table, a few were good wins such as against Liverpool and Newcastle especially.

RAKj9uW.jpg

Here's the league table, with Pearce tying with Charlie Austin in top goalscorers now. Pavlovski has dropped off the goals since then, but still have a decent amount of assists.

2ugmn7N.png

And here's the upcoming fixtures: unlike this time, got some hard games against Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Chelsea in a row coming up.

3HnO3Z4.png

Edited by Tryhard

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, January 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, January 5, 2015 - No reason given

ahhh, double post

Edited by Tryhard

if you can go at least 2/3 in your three Premier League matches after Swansea, your schedule is pretty light again through Jan and Feb, with the only tough match up looking to be city

you can do it