Football Manager 2014 Story - Sutton United

Tryhard

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hey, milestone - Dominic Blizzard is the first player Sutton have signed whose name I recognised before the LP!

No words I could say about the signing of wayne shaw could express my joy.

never played Football Manager but this was a pretty entertaining read regardless

Question; are you controlling the players in the games? Guessing not since they look like just circles and not players. If you haven't been, your record has been pretty freaking impressive. Kudos either way.

note: I think one of your pics is mislabeled in the last update; you have a 2-0 win against Barnet listed as a 2-0 loss to AFC Telford.

never played Football Manager but this was a pretty entertaining read regardless

Question; are you controlling the players in the games? Guessing not since they look like just circles and not players. If you haven't been, your record has been pretty freaking impressive. Kudos either way.

The most you can control players is through tactics, training and morale, but it's not like FIFA or something, no, you don't directly control them. It's like a spreadsheet and algorithm game but it also manages to be quite entertaining regardless.

note: I think one of your pics is mislabeled in the last update; you have a 2-0 win against Barnet listed as a 2-0 loss to AFC Telford.

oops, I fixed it now. Copy and pasting sometimes not the best. Edited by Tryhard

I've played ahead and finished the season, but I'm splitting this update up into two because it's rather big.

Skrill Premier

Gateshead vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-1

hYJqrdS.jpg

Probably one we should have won considering our chances. Taylinho had an early goal deemed offside, and after that we had most of the chances after Taylinho did score. They can back into it with a late goal after they got a goal disallowed for offside themselves, and it ended up a point for us and them.

Sawyer is out with a minor injury. I've noticed he is probably the best central midfielder we have at this moment.

M2gIN21.jpg

I knew it would happen. The return of Shaw was foreseen. Unfortunately he's not going to be able to solve all our current goalkeeping woes, but he is a decent goalkeeper coach.

8ruzzVf.jpg

I never really showed the coaching before, but this is what we're looking at now - I hope to get a better Assistant Manager by next season.

xQY26Cv.jpg

Skrill Premier

Sutton United vs Chester

Final Score: 3-2

WhsdZrm.jpg

We got the win against Chester... barely. A really even match with chances for both teams. They took the lead before two goals in quick succession had us leading the match, before it was equalised. O'Callaghan puts it away late for the well-earned three points.

Binns is going to be retiring - I've tried to play him on the left wing when I could, but looks like he's gonna go ahead. One thing of note is that he apparently wants to become a scout, and he looks decent at it so I may sign him as staff.

I70Y6JI.jpg

FA Trophy 4th Round

Hereford vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-3

zG4A5AH.jpg

Well, it was a win, but not a particularly elegant one. We needed a penalty and our center back to score in order to win this one, where we conceded late but were able to hold onto the away win.

I don't know why they're being very specific with the money awarded this season as opposed to last.

0Q3SRZI.jpg

Unfortunately, I've barely been playing the Slabster not that Gash is on the team, and he wasn't doing great otherwise anyway.

UZW2Bk2.jpg

Well, I managed to sign a goalkeeper that looks to be pretty much just better than Lewis, even if he is a little more expensive. He'll be worth it. Also another guy called Jamie.

kX2zNgH.jpg

Goalkeeper - Jamie Young

[spoiler=Image]ovi6laY.png

And we also sign Lawless, who is actually my most expensive player now at £1.1k a week. I think he's worth it because he's a great attacking midfielder, and he can play right wing or central midfielder as well if we need him to.

QPRw1fE.jpg

Right Defender/Central or Right Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Alex Lawless

[spoiler=Image]WQDMsNc.png

Gateshead? Well, we drew against them recently, and we're playing at home first at least.

PD4fPkU.jpg

Some of our wingers that aren't played that often managed to do well recently.

xCoQB7I.jpg

An overview of the English transfer market.

l4BJn0L.jpg

Skrill Premier

Sutton United vs Eastbourne Borough

Final Score: 4-0

zCHYUZY.jpg

I was expecting a comfortable win from this game - Eastbourne Borough are bottom of the league. And well, four different players get in on the act. Gwillim scores a freekick like he often does, Lawless gets a goal in his debut, Young puts in a solid clean sheet from the few chances Eastbourne Borough had, and everyone is happy, except them.

Nine goals so far hasn't been too shabby, and the fans are happy too.

kyPfH7T.jpg

IN86ju3.jpg

And like I said Lawless and Young made their debuts in good fashion.

aOvIUDY.jpg

Skrill Premier

Sutton United vs Altrincham

Final Score: 2-1

Fr0cc9d.jpg

They've been holding their own this season, and even playing at home this was a tough match. Ellison gets one early and Taylinho scores a fantastic goal from out the box before they get a goal shortly after, but we hold out the remaining 30 minutes.

Friendly

Sutton United vs Kingstonian

Final Score: 3-0

hEbY6BE.jpg

A friendly game just meant to play some of the people I haven't played in a while, Slabster included. Since he scored, it helped his morale a bit.

...Unfortunately he got injured. Of course.

LIyHaXk.jpg

Going into the FA Trophy game is the milestone of my 100th game in charge of Sutton United. Here's to many more.

FjcNxd1.jpg

FA Trophy Semi Final First Leg

Sutton United vs Gateshead

Final Score: 3-1

tNMd5rc.jpg

This was a pretty comfortable home game for us, we were three up before we knew it, Hudson the defender actually getting a header as a goal. Guy does get a few. Unfortunately, we weren't able to keep the great advantage that a three goal lead would be, as they eventually score to bring it to 3-1. Still, I'd say we have a good chance of making it into the final on this performance.

Broken ribs? Well, Comminges will be out for a while.

do3Bx0t.jpg

Skrill Premier

Macclesfield vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-2

HFs0o6p.jpg

Macclesfield are all the way down in the relegation zone, and we made it look fairly easy with Dundas and Ellison, who are rarely getting a game unless for rotation purpoises, both score. Otherwise, it was an easy three points for an away game.

Our upcoming match against Woking will be televised, as well.

Ju4VNGt.jpg

FA Trophy Semi Final Second Leg

Gateshead vs Sutton United

Final Score: 3-2 (agg. 4-5)

0HmZolT.jpg

This was not as comfortable as I hoped the second leg would be. It started out well, with us going two goals up, but after that our defense was just terrible allowing three goals to go in and to be pretty much hanging onto the aggregate score by the end of the game - well, we won.

We're in the finals, even though if it wasn't the best showing in the second leg.

6wYCi3c.jpg

z04AG98.jpg

Well, it looks like we're facing the previous holders of the Trophy before we claimed it last year in the final. It'll be interesting.

ATmHBhE.jpg

O'Callaghan will probably be getting played less with Lawless being signed, but he's still quite good.

iYIFTqa.jpg

Skrill Premier

Kidderminister vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-2

SfZo9Y1.jpg

Young is really starting to do well to keep out shots, because we were pretty dismal in this game yet still managed to counter and win the game. Gwillim scored a wonderful long shot. Apparently he can do things other than take free kicks.

Still constantly getting those man of the match awards this season.

9Pv5j3R.jpg

Slabster is backing to being fit, though he might not be able to break into the first team currently.

H13mtLP.jpg

Skrill Premier

Cambridge vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-1

KDCk84C.jpg

This one had Gwillim getting another fantastic shot scored, but then we conceded two and never created enough chance to draw the game never mind winning it. Taylinho did hit the post late on.

Oh yes, and Sawyer got injured in the match, but it's not that bad. He'll miss one match.

3lXNp1E.jpg

Gwillim has been playing great in the last few matches, but he doesn't win the Player of the Month. Looks like Nuneaton are doing fairly well.

wGbYpEs.jpg

4QWW1PW.jpg

A loss to Cambridge the only blemish on a perfect February.

raKgP9r.jpg

Skrill Premier

Sutton United vs Alfreton

Final Score: 0-1

UT4Lhha.jpg

Slabster got many chances in this game as I decided to play him, but he's really not doing well now. Alfreton sucker punch us on a corner and we can't get anything else out of the game. Most of our players played fairly poorly in general.

I guess he isn't satisfied with getting a lot of assists normally, though even he's not doing that much this season.

fGckTL4.jpg

Skrill Premier

Lincoln vs Sutton United

iDvwBmp.jpg

Absolutely stealing the game right at the end. It didn't have that many chances, but at the end, after a disallowed offside goal from both sides, Sawyer was able to put it away right before the end of the match.

Lincoln are a team that are possibly getting promoted - they should be in the playoffs at least, so this was a great three points. Sinclair got himself injured.

uieOk7u.jpg

Skrill Premier

Sutton United vs Woking

Final Score: 2-0

A7FQ9dV.jpg

This was the televised game we were getting some money for - a pretty easy game against a bottom team. There weren't that many chances in the game, but they weren't able to get past Young even though they had a few attempts.

Yes, already.

j96H3M9.jpg

Comminges has finally made a recovery for us. He'll be back on the wings in no time.

AinqQuX.jpg

Skrill Premier

Sutton United vs Luton

iGhyiLA.jpg

Taylinho left it a bit late to grab two goals and seal this game against a pretty good league side. They hit the crossbar from a freekick at one point.

The main man, still.

65dKzrN.jpg

Well, that was that, then. Seriously, I thought I would be able just to slide away with making sure I finished mid-table or so, but we dominated the teams around us. I have no idea what League 2 will be like, but after this run of results, I'm not going to doubt us anymore. #SuttonRising

O5Et5lm.jpg

A1Lnize.jpg

9iSQAt6.jpg

I figure a new contract is in order.

8xANqxO.jpg

ACNCZ0I.jpg

Edited by Tryhard

ALRIGHT

We're getting closer to a League 2 budget now!
5E6pqxp.jpg

We get this years group of youth candidates. Apparently Paul Ince has been reincarnated.
5E6pqxp.jpg

Skrill Premier
Sutton United vs Dagenham & Redbridge
Final Score: 3-1
zvJIswG.jpg
I think this team was relegated from League 2 from when I started? I'm not sure. Lawless has a man of the match performance and was able to get two past them, but after an own goal as well, a cross and a simple header coming in was enough to give them a consolation goal.

I'm gonna say our new goalie was a pretty good signing, sorry Lewis.
5ZByjDX.jpg

Upcoming is our match of the season, and we're supposedly the favourites but not by much.
SArixm1.jpg
4J75w5y.jpg

FA Trophy Final
Wrexham vs Sutton United
xBDBDuj.jpg
It ended up being a fairly one-sided game despite the scoreline. While we weren't very accurate, we controlled a majority of the possession and shots. Taylinho was able to get the crucial goal, and they barely had a shot on target. One, in total. Well into the match, they also got a player sent off, and we saw it through for a simple 1-0 victory. It could've been more.

DEFENDING CHAMPIONS

I think that's the sound of DOMINATION.
Gb1fjEm.jpg
Nv6sr1r.jpg

O'Callaghan played very well despite him not scoring.
JM6opQy.jpg

Well, we have to payout to our squad, but we've managed to defend our title. Considering that, £14k ain't much.
bLaqbl7.jpg

And once again we had the top goalscorer in the competition - Jamie Taylinho with a great six goals.
vXXSmGm.jpg

Gwillim really gets booked quite a lot.
naxWMSB.jpg

Still a great goalie there.
4Cwj6K6.jpg

Skrill Premier
Salisbury vs Sutton United
Z4ESM6O.jpg
I've been resting players since you know... don't really need to worry about this anymore, and after the trophy game, we don't really need to worry at all. I'm just trying to get Slabster another goal and to possibly add to Taylinho's top goalscoring tally. Salisbury did put up a bit of resistance, but Slabster scored and offside goal (he actually seems to be caught offside quite a lot unfortunately) before Lawless scored an early goal. The rest of the match was a pretty poor performance from both of the teams unable to get many shots at either end.

A... takeover? I can't go into talk with the board or make any sort of transfer offer. So it could be that we'll be seeing new owners of SUTTON UNITED.
bcdWfdv.jpg

Our expiring contracts. Let's go over them.
w5si1Ms.jpg
  • Taylinho - I don't think I'm gonna let this guy go, even if it'll be expensive.
  • Comminges - I'd like to keep him even if he is fairly old.
  • Gwillim - Same as Comminges, definitely my best left wing back.
  • Dundas - Good rotation member, but I could maybe let him go with Lawless coming in.
  • O'Callaghan - Probably try to keep, with Dundas in the same position.
  • Lewis - Will probably keep as a backup goalkeeper for now.
  • Clough - Unsure, he hasn't played as well this season.
  • Slabster - Unfortunately, hasn't been playing well. I'll probably try to keep him, though.
  • Scannell - Will let go, he's not getting played anyway.
  • Sinclair - Good Midfielder, might keep.
  • Downer - Not that great anymore, may try to find a better defender.
  • Bolaji - Okay defensive midfielder, but I will probably want someone better for next season. Might keep him for rotation.
  • Hinds - Looking over his stats, he's not that good. Will probably let his contract expire.
  • Ibbetson - Will probably let go now I have Young and Lewis for backup.

Planning to keep all the staff with the exception of Micky Stephens.

Pretty much won the league with this, I'm not surprised.
zpblBYM.jpg

Hewson's a great coach, this pretty much means I want to keep him on if possible.
GEc1DVu.jpg

Still in talks about a potential takeover, apparently.
ku5zwRz.jpg

Skrill Premier
Sutton United vs Welling
Bw5H1JZ.jpg
Apparently even my defenders want in on the act. Fucking hell. Seriously, man of the match is my center back for scoring twice.

Yeah, I'll say.
zH1V42O.jpg
TGRW7Bd.jpg

Yet another suspension for us. My team aren't scared to throw a tackle in, that's for sure.
xkP3two.jpg

Skrill Premier
Wrexham vs Sutton United
Final Score: 3-2
LXHEONT.jpg
Well, looks like they got their revenge, even though it doesn't matter anymore. Finally, the Slabster gets his goal, but we were absolutely overrun in the second half. Not much more to say other than they won it pretty comfortably after the first half.

THIS FUCKER CAN SCORE AGAIN.
O3odB4b.jpg

Oh, so do we actually have something or what?
EvQaQ7Q.jpg

Oh... well that is a shame. I don't exactly know what takeovers involve, but it would have been nice to--
ifYkSY0.jpg

STOP PLAYING WITH ME, ARGENTINE BUSINESSMAN
t51MNRH.jpg

Skrill Premier
Sutton United vs Aldershot
Final Score: 1-0
USX1GPZ.jpg
Seriously, now that the season is pretty much over my defenders want to get in on the action. Otherwise, a pretty even game. Another great header from a corner gave Lee the goal.

I don't know if we'll be able to sign him permanently, though.
6bDwVei.jpg
4f2rrsF.jpg

Lincoln are gonna be in the playoffs.
pJFdXVW.jpg

Here are the choices for the Player of the Season - we have two, Taylinho and Gwillim. I voted for Anthony Maibon, I think.
sXCa2mH.jpg

Skrill Premier
Nuneaton vs Sutton United
Final Score: 2-2
ZV5Bolp.jpg
A pretty even game, actually, despite Nuneaton doing very poorly in the league. Despite being two goals down, Taylinho brought us back to draw. Seriously, the guy is insane sometimes.

44 goals in 55 appearance. Jeez.
z8EE4KK.jpg

Kidderminister also claim a playoff spot!
3oaYYI8.jpg

Skrill Premier
Sutton United vs FC Halifax
Final Score: 4-1
Zgxqbi4.jpg
How the... mightyish have fallen. FC Halifax were one of the chasers of at least a playoff spot early in the season, now they sit in midtable mediocrity, and Taylinho has an absolute field day against them on the last game of the season, bagging a last hat-trick as a send off. Couldn't keep a clean sheet, but I don't think I'll mind.

And the last two teams, Luton and Barnet, secure their places. Will be interesting to see who's coming up with us.
TuHT9UJ.jpg

And thus he ends this season with 38 goals in the league.
3RoaIz5.jpg

Yeah, we just about nabbed these.
1DfUKEJ.jpg
MFAUhe2.jpg

Seriously, by one goal. Also MATT TUBBS! He actually plays for Bournemouth, our current parent club, right now.
YNzYhZX.jpg

Binns is retiring, as we know. What a great sendoff for him.
mdQg1YV.jpg

Playoffs semi-final were being played - look at this by Luton. Seriously, Hewitt scored six goals to win in extra time in a second leg where they were already 3-0 down. That's quite crazy. Barnet manage a win against Lincoln, too.
ILdlw2Y.jpg

Oh, we have our takeover being completed then! Guess we'll be saying goodbye to our current chairman.
twR6NdE.jpg

I-- um...
xG10KTu.jpg

What the shit.
mos5b8U.jpg
ad1bHGR.jpg

Look at these finances. LOADSAMONEY
jgHZ6F2.png

Well.

To finish up, our last fixtures:
HfAa6T5.png

And our ending league position:
Yd667LC.png

e: I don't think I've had any time I've played before go so well. Granted, I was a kid and didn't know what I was doing before, but wow.

Edited by Tryhard

You listed Cambridge as a 1-2 victory for you.

Whoops. That's what I get for not proofreading and it being late. Fixed it (and the colour of it) now. Thanks. Edited by Tryhard

57c48629a0.png

Legit.

If anyone has the game themselves and wants to attempt an online game themselves with people from SF, will direct you to here.

plug

Edited by Tryhard

And thus, our new owners. Kind of strange that one is English, and called GEZ SWEET.

xSrpwef.jpg

I need a new assistant manager, so see you later.

h0Kfuzy.jpg

Alan Smith - a name I actually recognise! He's still a decent player and he wants to be an U18 manager as well, so this seems like a fairly good signing.

9YVkrpO.jpg

We're getting some work done in bettering the youth turnouts for future years. I try to also get a new parent club, but it eventually comes back unable to find anyone.

6ddqjkt.jpg

l6tCmuy.jpg

Well, they are going to improve gradually if nothing else.

bNZ6jVm.jpg

gsx5x4L.jpg

Funny, looking over the financial levels in the English leagues, I'm actually high above our parent club Bournemouth and pretty much ahead of most of the Championship teams currently.

fDeN1vs.png

I decide to check up on ol' Telfer, and this is really his value. That's pretty hilarious. I'm gonna try to sign him as a coach again.

D49xZAf.jpg

Joel Campbell proving his COSTA RICAN SUPERIORITY!

HjxY3dG.jpg

This scout was terrible, too, and didn't even have a real contract.

oCw66Vd.jpg

Here's the end of season showing. I'm probably going to go without any loans next season I would imagine.

Py81xbS.jpg

I keep the pre-season relatively long like last season.

5Gov0LJ.jpg

Avoid relegation, sounds familiar.

D0CfOI3.jpg

Youth level was the next thing I was going for, and scouting range - but on this occasion, no dice.

gu430g6.jpg

That is a fair amount of money, but at least I won't need to spend a lot in upcoming seasons on youth facilities and usch.

GloCuV9.jpg

Man, that's a lot of money there, too - the board did this one all on their own.

HZJgX4l.jpg

Barton will be the ones joining us next season.

L0kW1fv.jpg

Our reward for our Skrill Premier performance.

Am3Hiw7.jpg

upNNFrK.jpg

And who else but this guy?

Hyk2QBT.jpg

tMiXuOz.jpg

Classy name, of course.

6b8PJHR.jpg

A couple of players retiring. Dundas I don't particularly care about but Downer is a little sad to see going.

VWZHPQF.jpg

NPqJ08L.jpg

I offer him a job as the U18's manager - he's got some good staff attributes, and he accepts.

IP6BZ6Z.jpg

Here are our expiring contracts. Let's take an overview.

eLpMrFC.jpg

• All the staff's contracts are getting renewed, they are all very good.
  • Taylinho - Yes, I'm keeping him.
  • Comminges - Keeping - I'm hoping to get better wing backs, though.
  • Gwillim - Probably dropping, he's not good enough anymore. Unfortunately, that means I lose a great freekick taker.
  • Shane Lewis - Keeping as backup goalie, he's young too.
  • Slabster - I'm actually probably gonna let him go. He's been disappointing this season.
  • Clough - Going to keep, probably will be a reserve defender now though.
  • Scannell - He's going.
  • Sinclair - Unsure. We'll see what midfielders I get in.
  • Bolaji - Nah, I'm not keeping him.
  • Hinds - Likewise, I need better defensive midfielders.
  • Ibbetson - Will probably drop now, maybe a waste of a signing but alas.
This seems like a lot - I have no idea how this is supposed to work - will £5.5M be drained from finances over the next year?

ofILtrs.jpg

And our budgets have been set. Quite a step up, wouldn't you say?

QH3OIKI.jpg

"Just a profit of £25.33M, no worries."

eWOeK2W.jpg

I doubt I will exceed that player wage total.

sxn7MoW.jpg

I do the last board request I can at this stage - transfer revenue percentage.

2fGLFOU.jpg

This means that if I sell a player then 100% of the profits will go straight into the transfer budget. Or at least that's how I think it works. Before this, I assume it was lower around 75% or such.

tJSWUH9.jpg

Even getting our own training camp, how nice. Just so you guys know, Sutton is an area in London.

DMuCAHh.jpg

I can't let my main man go - though I wonder if he can perform quite as well in League 2, he'll probably have a much trickier season. Or maybe not.

xYc74rH.jpg

O'Callaghan is retiring, which is unfortunately as he has been a very good player.

dvkrEte.jpg

I ask about a feeder club - I suppose it might be okay to loan some players out.

y2r6tWu.jpg

We begin our pre-season - Hinds isn't going to be around at the club much longer, anyway.

utBIbhL.jpg

Signings

Assistant Manager - Matt Gill

[spoiler=Image]0sJ99ue.png

Seems to be an excellent assistant manager that is also great at coaching attacking training.

5zbzHyN.jpg

Scout - Alan Goodall

[spoiler=Image]JHQTNHu.png

Good judging abilities in both player ability and potential, which is the two main stats I care about for a scout.

OgTRpMy.jpg

Coach - Michael Bridges

[spoiler=Image]U04eg14.png

The Leeds United friend of Alan Smith, he's got some great coaching stats.

hHvUPGO.jpg

Coach - Paul Telfer

[spoiler=Image]KDP9qO0.png

Our old friend, back once again.

10Hs5Kn.jpg

Goalkeeper - Billy Young

[spoiler=Image]Ar26nZW.png

Transfer Amount - £600

The great man WAYNE SHAW told me to buy this guy, so how could I refuse? Fitting that he has a very high eccentricity stat, but since this is a guy with some pretty decent stats elsewhere, maybe he'll turn out good enough. He is only 15, currently, though.

zWbNHtD.jpg

Right Defender/Right Wing Back - Lee Vaughan

[spoiler=Image]RM4u5TQ.png

Transfer Amount - £28.5k

Good wing back. His pace and acceleration aren't fantastic, but overall the other stats he needs are good.

WaxnEAv.jpg

Defensive Midfielder/Central Midfielder - Luke Howell

[spoiler=Image]dpbCzL6.png

Transfer Amount - £40k

I'm losing defensive midfielders, so here's a very decent one to fill in - his work rate being his best stat.

mTtRnvF.jpg

Central or Right Defender/Right Wing Back/Central Midfielder - Tom Lockyer

[spoiler=Image]Pb5E9Vh.png

Transfer Amount - £165k

This guy is quite great and can play in three positions for me potentially - defensive midfielder, midfielder or central defender. He can also play as left and right defenders though that's not his strength. I would say I'm probably going to play him as a center back most.

9Xxraad.jpg

Central Midfielder - Alan Smith

[spoiler=Image]uiD3oa0.png

Could be a great signing in terms of a leader - his teamwork and leadership are brilliant. Aggressive, but his other stats are fairly balanced and pretty good.

DnKDt65.jpg

Striker - Liam Hearn

[spoiler=Image]rjwaXvx.png

Transfer Amount - £52k

Looks to be a really good striker, and he's so far the biggest on my wage budget. Can play pretty much any striker role well, and will probably be grabbing most of my goals next season at least.

XKyLp1z.jpg

Defensive Midfielder, Central Midfielder - Roberto Acuña

[spoiler=Image]rXlLiey.png

A late signing, this guy is 43 years old, but wanted to sign a 2 year contract with us, providing he could get the U21 management job too. While his pace is understandably low, his other stats are pretty great.

1z0fsXN.jpg

Our current finances.

EhwmRn5.png

Squad depth - note that Roberto Acuña is not yet in the team.

HzZJScN.png

I am not done with signings, though - I need an Attacking Midfielder I think, as well as perhaps another good Wing Back on the left. Anyone have any suggestions where else I can strengthen? It is rather hard to bring players to the club even if I do have a surplus of money because of my low reputation - makes it harder to bring top-quality players in. But it is growing slowly...

Edited by Tryhard

every time you update is like a little christmas

thank ye kindly

I kinda noticed I haven't uploaded a video to my youtube channel in a month, what a slacker

this is just too good, I can't break from the #SuttonRising

Congratulations - our first World Cup player!

'Nicknamed El Toro (the Bull) due to his strength and dominating presence, he operated as a central midfielder. ... Like defender Gamarra, Acuña appeared in three FIFA World Cups, and collected in total 100 caps, netting five times. He appeared in all the matches during those three editions, and was the first Paraguayan to be sent off in a World Cup when he elbowed Germany's Michael Ballack in the last minute of the 0–1 round of 16 loss (for a second bookable offense).'

Edited by Parrhesia

Congratulations - our first World Cup player!

'Nicknamed El Toro (the Bull) due to his strength and dominating presence, he operated as a central midfielder. ... Like defender Gamarra, Acuña appeared in three FIFA World Cups, and collected in total 100 caps, netting five times. He appeared in all the matches during those three editions, and was the first Paraguayan to be sent off in a World Cup when he elbowed Germany's Michael Ballack in the last minute of the 0–1 round of 16 loss (for a second bookable offense).'

It's not a good sign when the thing you're most known for is getting a red card against Germany. That said, he's cheap, anyway. Maybe he'll work out okay.

And looking over things we're still gonna need quite a few signings - League 2 seems to be a big step up from Skrill Premier. I've got some free transfers sighted, but there's also a possible £1.4M bid for Paulinho (no, not the one playing for Brazil, though that would have been terribly amusing) for a possible attacking midfielder, but elsewhere I need some more - Wing Backs (Vaugahn is decent, but I need one on the left), at least one Central Defender along with Lockyer, another few midfielders and another Striker, probably. Jamie Young probably isn't going to fare as well as he did in the last half of the season in League 2, but I probably want to keep him instead of trying to sign another goalkeeper.

With all that, though, it seems like I'm pretty much replacing the whole team.

Edited by Tryhard