I find the Pikmin series to be really, really enjoyable. Recently, I beat Pikmin 1, and I'm collecting the last few fruit in Pikmin 3.

What do you think of Pikmin? What about Pikmin 3?

My favorite Pikmin are the Winged. They basic beat out Whites as the super stuff carriers.

I bought Pikmin on a whim as a kid years ago, but it was well worth it. The second one was just as enjoyable and I haven't played the third yet. I still think watching your own pikmin die is one of the most traumatizing video game experiences ever.

Overall, they are extremely weird games, not the type I'd normally find myself playing, but I like 'em.

Edited by Master Awesome

I really enjoyed Pikmin 1, as I didn't find the 30 day time limit to be such a hassle since it's way more than enough time. My first runthrough as a kid I beat it in 23, and was really proud of my later 14 until I found speedruns that did it in 6 :(. Also I was almost never traumatized by my pikmin dying because I punched everything that could be punched.

2 was okay, I guess, but I didn't like the caves and collecting treasure didn't feel nearly as rewarding as collecting ship parts, mainly because killing bugs can give you the money needed to "beat" the game.

I wish I had a Wii U. :(

I loved Pikmin when I played it about 4 yrs ago. I have the Pikmin 2 remake for the Wii, but I havent really gotten into it yet. And Pikmin 3 was one of the reasons I bought a WiiU, although I havent gotten around to buying the game yet.

It's a really fun and unique game franchise. I hope they keep making more.

I love Pikmin 1 and I especially love PIkmin 3. I could not stand Pikmin 2.

I much prefer the real time strategy of creating pikmin sending them into specific duties and multitask them to do specific missions. I especially love speedrunning in Pikmin 1. There was a lot of thinking process that was involved with the design of the levels and I especially love the atmosphere of the outside environment.

Pikmin 2 was the opposite of all that and it was the biggesst disappointmenting sequel in my opinion. The piklopedia was nice and all but I never really cared about the lore of the game at all. The levels were 90% focused on underground levels, it was mostly skirmishes, the designs were bland and boring, purple pikmin = instand win and I don't think I ever found white pikmin much use other than get through poison. Poisoning the enemies is usually not my cup of forte since I always prefer the keep your pikmin alive as much as possible type of gameplay. I 100% Pikmin 2 and only beaten the game once, I never went back to it while Pikmin 1 and 3 I kept on replaying it over and over again. I think I beaten the first one 13 times while the 3rd game 3 times right now.

Louie is a dick

I got Pikmin for Christmas one year and didn't like it, it was too hard for me. Two or three years later I gave it another chance, figured it out and loved it. I played it and especially Pikmin 2 to death, there's a lot of challenge runs you can do on the latter. I haven't played Pikmin 3 because we don't own a WiiU.